Joe Montana didn't have to comeback bc he was winning the whoe time

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

obviously not or else he wouldn't have had the record
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

obviously not or else he wouldn't have had the record

"Joe Montana didn't have to comeback as often because he was winning most of the time."
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by susweel:
Montana got Tds Alex only gets fgs.

Akers is the true mvp.

I didn't realize that Alex Smith was the one that called 3 straight run plays prior to the field goal.

Akers is the true mvp.

I didn't realize that Alex Smith was the one that called 3 straight run plays prior to the field goal.

Considering that a couple of plays are called and he decides what to run at the line might be true. Despite ur sarcasm.
We are forbid to compare Smith to Joe Montana according to some here. Any post of that nature will be ridiculed.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Only question I have why doesn't the coaching staff trust Alex when they close to the end zone ?

Ssuuuxxooorrsss QB..... 12 - 3.

Strong defense and special teams is the MAIN reason for our record. It's not because of this 29th ranked passing attack or Alex's one passing TD a game.
Only question I have why doesn't the coaching staff trust Alex when they close to the end zone ?

Strong defense and special teams is the MAIN reason for our record. It's not because of this 29th ranked passing attack or Alex's one passing TD a game.

maybe if our WR actually catch the ball

i can think of at least 5 dropped TDs int he endzone... not including plays that would extend drives
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

maybe if our WR actually catch the ball

i can think of at least 5 dropped TDs int he endzone... not including plays that would extend drives

Every team has dropped passes it ain't nothing new.
Every team has dropped passes it ain't nothing new.

we not only have the highest $ of dropped passes but we have one of the most dropped passes and we arent even close to one of the top teams in attempts

yes this is a major problem its amazing alex even has a top 10 comp %
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

Strong defense and special teams as well as our stunning paucity of interceptions is the MAIN reason for our record. It's not because of this 29th ranked passing attack or Alex's one passing TD a game.

Fixed

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We are forbid to compare Smith to Joe Montana according to some here. Any post of that nature will be ridiculed.

Yes we are. And rightly so.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Alex Smith ties Joe Montana for most 4th quarter comebacks in a single season in #49ers history. Montana had four in 89
http://twitter.com/#!/SLam49ers/status/150752691671400448

Now win us #6 Alex!

This for sure!

great stat, amazing really but I'd never compare Alex to Joe.

Alex really has played above my expectations this year and will only get better with Jim on board now.

We desperately need a true #1 wr though. I've been on this all year and don't know why some don't see this as a problem.

Crabs is a great #2
Williams is equal to Crabs to me at this moment but has slightly more upside due to his quickness and speed.
Morgan is a solid #3, nothing more.
Edwards may have been decent before the injury but is just plain slow and out of it since he got hurt.

so we have 2 solid #2 wr's on our roster, neither of which requires a double team.

Draft a stud next year and with another year of Jim and the WCO, we are gonna kill it!
Originally posted by Prodig33:

Akers is the true mvp.

Akers is the true mvp.

Considering that a couple of plays are called and he decides what to run at the line might be true. Despite ur sarcasm.

Good point, and yes I was slightly being sarcastic.

But, for the sake of arguing football , considering that Akers is extremely efficient inside the 50 and our defense has a good history on a game's closing drive [i.e., Eagles, Lions, Bengals, Giants]), "Situational Football" tells you that the two main priorities was to take time off the clock while getting in better position to kick a FG.

While I am speculating, I feel strongly that in today's specific situation, any of Alex Smiths' audibles were "bluffs" -- there was no intent to pass in that situation.

While I don't necessarily agree with that decision (we put a left-footed kicker on the right hashmark, NOT GOOD!), that's was my deduction tells me, hence, my initial statement.
Share 49ersWebzone