There are 161 users in the forums

Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off let me say that this year I think Bowman is playing like arguably the 2nd best inside 'backer in football behind his teammate, but is it really worth giving him a contract commensurate with his market value ($8-10M per with $25M+ guaranteed)? I really think that when his contract expires (I believe after 2013), we can draft a guy that Fangio/Leavitt/Willis can coach up to play at a super high level, esp. behind our d-line (or maybe it could even be Grant?) Thoughts?
I don't get your point? We draft someone like we did Bowman and let him go instead of paying him? They play well? Then they earn a big contract as and we have to pay them? Either way we will have to pay. lol If players are playing good they want and deserve to get paid.
I agree! when you have young players playing at an elite level, it totally makes sense to not pay them fair value and let them leave while you gamble on replacing them in the draft. Makes SO MUCH SENSE.
don't we already have a bowman thread already? Well, he's so awesome that he deserves TWO threads!!!!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I agree! when you have young players playing at an elite level, it totally makes sense to not pay them fair value and let them leave while you gamble on replacing them in the draft. Makes SO MUCH SENSE.

Um, should we just disregard the confines of the salary cap? We could use that money to get someone great at a different position that is less likely to be developed very well thru the draft...all the great teams have to make tough decisions sometimes and not give huge contracts to all their great players, that's why there's a draft...
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I don't get your point? We draft someone like we did Bowman and let him go instead of paying him? They play well? Then they earn a big contract as and we have to pay them? Either way we will have to pay. lol If players are playing good they want and deserve to get paid.

Of course he deserves to get paid, the question is whether or not WE should pay him.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I don't understand what's so funny...Asante Samuel was a great player for the Pats and they let him go to the Eagles, but I guess the Pats are a poorly run team.

Brb grabbing my bottle of crown for this sh1t
LOL it's too funny how everyone thinks teams ALWAYS re-sign their good players...I forgot how good players NEVER change teams in free agency...
Originally posted by andes14:

Um, should we just disregard the confines of the salary cap? We could use that money to get someone great at a different position that is less likely to be developed very well thru the draft...all the great teams have to make tough decisions sometimes and not give huge contracts to all their great players, that's why there's a draft...

he's in his second season.

its possible we will have to make tough decisions at the position at some point.

talking about it now is absurd.
Originally posted by andes14:
I don't understand what's so funny...Asante Samuel was a great player for the Pats and they let him go to the Eagles, but I guess the Pats are a poorly run team.

they do have the worst passing D. in the league...
Share 49ersWebzone