LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

The Ray McDonald thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by crake49:
The only good luck I'll wish for McDonald is that he doesn't get injured. Hang in there, Ray. Have a nice career. Take some plays off. Be underwhelming for the Bears. Miss a lot of tackles and don't get to the QB when you play the Niners.

Not gonna lie, the thought of Fangio devising a gameplan to go after Kaepernick is pretty frightening to me.
of all the things that would keep me up at nights, a former niner coach who was not good until he came to us with our good players and a x niner defensive lineman is not two of them
Originally posted by crake49:
The only good luck I'll wish for McDonald is that he doesn't get injured. Hang in there, Ray. Have a nice career. Take some plays off. Be underwhelming for the Bears. Miss a lot of tackles and don't get to the QB when you play the Niners.

Not gonna lie, the thought of Fangio devising a gameplan to go after Kaepernick is pretty frightening to me.

yeah trying to get to Kap with 4 people and sitting back in coverage with the 29th ranked pass defense is terrifying
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
yeah trying to get to Kap with 4 people and sitting back in coverage with the 29th ranked pass defense is terrifying

Same playcaller that made better QB's look pretty silly at times. I think its incredible how underrated Fangio has become all of a sudden. 49ers still had a Top 5 defense playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers last year. Can't say that he did anything but an outstanding job for the most part.
Same playcaller that made better QB's look pretty silly at times. I think its incredible how underrated Fangio has become all of a sudden. 49ers still had a Top 5 defense playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers last year. Can't say that he did anything but an outstanding job for the most part.

I think Fangio did a great job. But, you have to admit that he's conservative by nature. I just wouldn't expect him to go after Kaepernick. What I would expect would be for him to think of ways to disguise coverage sets in order to confuse Kaepernick after the snap while trying to get pressure on him without blitzing.
Just curious but it seems to me McDonald has an alcohol problem more than anything else. Thoughts?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
do we play them in 2015?

Yes, at Chicago.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This. People expecting our d to perform at that level with tgis turnaeound are in for a rude awakening.
Ray can still play, he was a key member of 49er D. Wish him all the luck.
I hope he stays out of trouble.
"49ers, WWE Stars Team Up at Ronald McDonald House"

I did a double take when I saw this on the news wire. For a moment, I was thinking "What is the WWE doing at RayMac's house? Is this some storyline for Wrestlemania?".
[ Edited by zonkers on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM ]

BREAKING. Deja Vu. Ray McDonald arrested again. Domestic Violence. Possible Child Endangerment. #SCPD.

Dodged a bullet there!
Originally posted by GNS1310:
BREAKING. Deja Vu. Ray McDonald arrested again. Domestic Violence. Possible Child Endangerment. #SCPD.

Dodged a bullet there!

Originally posted by GNS1310:

Dodged a bullet there!

This dude is dumb as nails.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i guess the vouching of god, fangio, for this bum did not work out to well for them... now just wait,, we will have people here say we should not pass judgement on poor ray the victim,, while out of the other side of their mouth, pass judgment on our new coaches
Share 49ersWebzone