LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

NFL.com: 49ers have best personnel to use blueprint to beat GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I would not call Tarrell Brown 1/2 of a lockdown tandem. Everything else I agree with.

i lol'd at that part

Tarell Brown is f**king good, Im trying to tell you guys. He's holding his own with some very good receivers out there. Took Torrey Smith out of his game. Many others are not having big games that they normally have during other games they play.

You guys lead me to believe that you don't know how tough the corner position is to play. Giving up one big play happens and that's what he's giving up, one play a game.

Im not saying he's Revis out there but giving up 50-70 yards a game on one side is going to happen. (Teams are playing one-dementional from the start.)
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Tarrell Brown is an extremely solid corner. We need to make sure he is around for years to come.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Tarrell Brown is an extremely solid corner. We need to make sure he is around for years to come.

you should watch a 49ers game this year, they have a really good team.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Tarell Brown is f**king good, Im trying to tell you guys. He's holding his own with some very good receivers out there. Took Torrey Smith out of his game. Many others are not having big games that they normally have during other games they play.

You guys lead me to believe that you don't know how tough the corner position is to play. Giving up one big play happens and that's what he's giving up, one play a game.

Im not saying he's Revis out there but giving up 50-70 yards a game on one side is going to happen. (Teams are playing one-dementional from the start.)

He just gets no respect because it took him a long time to develop here. People dont realize that he's evolved. Bad cornering is what you get with Nate Clement. He's the kind of guy that gives up the real big play, which results in 7 points.
If the defense continues to bring that same pressure and cause turnovers, they will go long in the playoffs. But they got to bring it every game! Just got to say, Aldon played with that Tackle! Sick!!
I'm excited for the playoffs
Originally posted by HessianDud:

no s**t... all good teams still have a few weak links
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He just gets no respect because it took him a long time to develop here. People dont realize that he's evolved. Bad cornering is what you get with Nate Clement. He's the kind of guy that gives up the real big play, which results in 7 points.

it took him time to develop, and he has had his share of WTF plays. he had more to prove to Niners fans and it has taken awhile for us to realize that he's having a good season, and especially lately he's been playing extremely well.

not that everyone on our D is an All-Star, but you don't have the best defense in the NFL if you have bad players playing significant snaps.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

I honestly don't know where you doubt that. He would start for just about every NFL team.

its funny. no one notices when Rogers gets burnt. Or Culliver. Those guys are automatic studs in everyone's minds. Brown had a lot to prove but I don't see how anyone who has watched this team, especially lately, could say that he's a weak link.

it took him time to develop, and he has had his share of WTF plays. he had more to prove to Niners fans and it has taken awhile for us to realize that he's having a good season, and especially lately he's been playing extremely well.

not that everyone on our D is an All-Star, but you don't have the best defense in the NFL if you have bad players playing significant snaps.

in your opinion, if there were a weak link on our defense, who would it be?

in my opinion, that person is Brown. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying he's horrible.

in my opinion, that person is Brown. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying he's horrible.

I agree, he's not horrible but not as strong as a majority of the guys he's playing with at their respective positions. Hence, he is the weak link...

This. Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's like saying he's not the fattest kid at Fat Camp....
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

I just don't think "weak link" is a fair characterization. Brown is very good. There is not much "weak" about him. When it comes to his standing on the roster, really all you can say is he is one of the few non-bonafide all-pros on the defense. He is above average, for sure. A legit #2.

Where does this Tarrell Brown hate come from? Did somebody write a preseason article about him or something I'm not aware of? The dude is very good.

He is in the top half all starting CBs in passes defensed. By comparison, Carlos Rogers is #2 in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone