There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did anyone else sense the seething hatred coming from Jaworski?

He's a non-believer!
jaws isnt a good commentaor there is actually a petition to get hi off the MNF crew
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Was Jaws the one who was criticizing Alex after seeing him throw on the sideline his rookie year saying he'll never amount to anything?

Yes. it was Alex's rookie year before the game in Philly
[ Edited by 49ersfansince90 on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:47 AM ]
Sheesh.

That MNF crew is so effusive with their praise when someone does well that it's predictable and funny. They fawn all over all sorts of players every week. This week was no exception, with Aldon/Justin Smith & Andy Lee...as well as our entire defense...getting tons and tons of love throughout the game.

The idea that there's some sort of vendetta against Alex is silly. They have no dog in this fight. Alex just didn't do much to earn the commendations that those guys are always very, very generous with.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Sheesh.

That MNF crew is so effusive with their praise when someone does well that it's predictable and funny. They fawn all over all sorts of players every week. This week was no exception, with Aldon/Justin Smith & Andy Lee...as well as our entire defense...getting tons and tons of love throughout the game.

The idea that there's some sort of vendetta against Alex is silly. They have no dog in this fight. Alex just didn't do much to earn the commendations that those guys are always very, very generous with.

BS our own fan base has a vendetta against Alex. U telling me a reporter wouldn't. I just find it funny we have now beaten a top afc team and many other playoff teams (11-3) but somehow we aren't good enough. Why is that? We beat possibly the afc champs, as a team, but yet Alex gets scrutinized because he didn't play perfect. We as a team have showed e can play with anybody many times this year, but all we hear is"Alex can't win big games" why is that? What proof does jaws have#?
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
Yeah, I picked that up too. I don't know how many times Jaws said Smith was "inaccurate." Smith wasn't perfect, but for the most part, he was well accurate.

I love how no one mentions how Davis drops two passes and Smith bounces another two off Gore's facemask. This will never change. When you have 90% of the NFL world saying Tebow is better than Smith we are officially in the twilight zone.
The Jaws hate for Smith was obvious and blatant but Jaws and Gruden were loving on the Niners. It was first apparent when Alex threw the hot read to Gore with Troy P. jumping in his face. The sideline shot clearly shows the ball just missing Troys left arm and coming out a foot away from Gore. Jaws saw this and said Alex was inaccurate and needed to put it on the numbers. The camera clearly shows if Smith puts it on Gores numbers its going straight into Polomalu's arms.
Jaworski hatred for Alex Smith = Merrill Hodge's hate for Tebow
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home