There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did anyone else sense the seething hatred coming from Jaworski?

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
sorry but that was gruden saying to jaws. gruden, " i really think ben is going to heat up here/is heating up jaws". jaws agreed

I remember that, yes this monday night crew is terrible. they make wish Dennis Miller was back in the both.

I miss those double-opener games where the 3 Mikes would be commentating; Ditka was f**king hilarious commentating games (specially that 49ers/Cards opener in '07).
Jaworski was a scrub a$$ quarterback in this league, so his opinions don't matter much to me. It's like a paraplegic trying to tell Carl Lewis how to do a long jump.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i felt like everything jon gruden said was biased against the niners...was really pissing me off...tirico too for that matter

Nah, nobody was as bad as Jaws. Tirico and Gruden were raving after Alex made those big passes to Davis. Jaws was just plain hating all game, the guy needs to get over himself.

i meant hating on the niners in general, not just alex
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the announcers couldn't stop talking about how good the 49ers looked lol... didn't really hear Jaws talking trash at all. Gruden loves us though
Originally posted by Paul:
the announcers couldn't stop talking about how good the 49ers looked lol... didn't really hear Jaws talking trash at all. Gruden loves us though

Yeah, they were about to start a Justin Smith fanclub. Also, they like our safties more than the fans do.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly, I didn't notice it. I agreed with just about everything they said about our team tonight, and there was a lot of heap praised on us, esp D & ST.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
His analysis was shamefully biased. Either that or he's just clueless, but at least Dilfer did a proper analysis of those throws in the post-game.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Honestly, I didn't notice it. I agreed with just about everything they said about our team tonight, and there was a lot of heap praised on us, esp D & ST.

Yeah same here
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I ain't never heard our d get slurped so hard. And they backed that s**t up. I don't remember much what they said bout smith but he balled when he had to so f**k it
Originally posted by Antix:
I ain't never heard our d get slurped so hard. And they backed that s**t up. I don't remember much what they said bout smith but he balled when he had to so f**k it

gruden "if Aldon keeps playing like this tonight, he'll end up in HOF"....laughed my ass off
Originally posted by Monkfish:
Originally posted by Paul:

Yeah, they were about to start a Justin Smith fanclub. Also, they like our safties more than the fans do.

Yeah and all the announcers were on Aldon Smith's nuts
I'm still trying to figure out why Jaworski is employed as a commentator. Maybe it's because Gruden just likes saying "Jaws" all of the time. "Jaws" was an average QB at best and is an even worse commentator. He never has anything interesting to say.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This guy had the fangs and claws out all game when talking about Alex Smith, I was watching the game with my dad who doesn't watch a lot of football and even he picked up on it, asking if Alex had tried to steal Jaworski's woman. He was bashing on Smith all day, talking up Big Ben all the time, "I think he's going to catch fire here", and then further trying to minimize Smith by talking up the 49ers game. He made it a point to talk about "accuracy" and yeah, Alex didn't have a great game but that Kyle Williams pass was totally not his fault, Williams was supposed to sit where he was, not keep running. Steve Young, Dilfer and many others commented on that, yet Jaworski made it sound like it was all Alex's fault.

It's both QB and WR. Not on the same page there. Dilfer and Young pointed that out. I didn't think he was that critical of Smith actually. I've seen him worse in the past.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i felt like everything jon gruden said was biased against the niners...was really pissing me off...tirico too for that matter

I dont see why he would be biased against the Niners...his roots were with the Niners.

I think its just "safer" for every NFL analyst to side with the more proven, highly regarded team in cases like this. otherwise they can go out on too much of a limb, and look dumb if things dont go well. meaning, the Niners have been crap for 8 years, and the Steelers have been one of the elite teams. If they all come out banging the 49er drum, and the Steelers whipped us, theyd lose a bunch of credibility to the east coast market, who already loves the Steelers.

Its stupid, but anyone who goes on TV and gives an opinion loves to stay as neutral as possible so they never risk credibility. If Jon Gruden sides with the Steelers, and they win, he looks smart. if he sides with the Steelers, and they lose, the rest of America will have shared that opinion to begin with, and theyll all be wrong together. If Gruden sides with the newly successful west coast Niners, who people dont know a ton about, or dont believe in yet, and the Niners lose, the majority of the country will say "what a moron, everyone knew PIT would win. the Niners are pretenders."

as annoying as Skip Bayless is, at least he takes an extreme opinion and stands firm with it. it might be only to get attention and get people all riled up, but at least hes not like most of the people on ESPN who love to basically say "the Niners could win tonight if they play well, but then again, the Steelers could win too" as their "expert opinion" segment.
I get tired of the media treating the 49ers like they were some Republican politician up for election.