LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Michael "call me Kevin" Wilhoite

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Should have drafted a ILB instead of 50 million CBs.

they must feel good with Hodges and Wilhoitte. I think we a little spoiled after having the 2 best ILBs in the league (i miss those days). With a better D-line, our ILBs will look alot better
i hope are right. and of course you are right about bowman/willis. i hope hodges can take the job. bowman was darn good last year and hope he will be better this year. part of me would like to think the team thinks this is a problem area and will sign someone. if nothing else to compete with the three guys we have

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I agree sus but Gerald Hodges will be fine next to Bowman. I just wish they would get rid of this scrub Wilhoite.
I don't understand why this team keeps drafting secondary players and neglect other positions. Is Baalke this stupid?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I agree sus but Gerald Hodges will be fine next to Bowman. I just wish they would get rid of this scrub Wilhoite.
agree. this is a great chance for hodges to step up and take the job
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't understand why this team keeps drafting secondary players and neglect other positions. Is Baalke this stupid?

Again, I think it has to do with the fact that they have Hodges and Wilhoite. After all Hodges was added to the team after Wk 1 and didn't really have a chance to get an off season start with the 49ers. I think Hodges will be much much better after a full training camp next to Bowman.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

Which I think he will.
*sigh*
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

Which I think he will.

I've evaluated Hodges immensely last season and he is nothing special. I just don't see the instincts to find the ball, also struggles getting off blocks. Good back up but not a front line player.
Taylor Price
Taylor Price – Verified account ‏@TaylorPrice

Chip: Michael Wilhoite will replace Armstrong as #49ers coverage inside linebackers. No discussion on moving Jaquiski Tartt to LB.
10:16 AM - 21 Sep 2016

Originally posted by jreff22:
Taylor Price
Taylor Price – Verified account ‏@TaylorPrice

Chip: Michael Wilhoite will replace Armstrong as #49ers coverage inside linebackers. No discussion on moving Jaquiski Tartt to LB.
10:16 AM - 21 Sep 2016

Originally posted by pdizo916:

He can't manage a roster.

He was thrust into this position without enough experience and it collapsed.

Classic york promotion.
  • thl408
I think Wilhoite understands pattern matching from watching him in Fangio's scheme. My guess is Hodges doesn't, and I think that's why Wilhoite gets the nod on passing downs.
Jimmy Graham about to look like his 2011-2014 self
Worst case scenario is that teams find ways to iso him and Bethea...or that JoN is comfortable with those matchups moving forward
Share 49ersWebzone