LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

95.7 - The Drive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I believe that is the name of the show. On from 2 - 6 and is hosted by Eric Davis and Turney or Torney or whatever his name is. Holy s**t that other guy (not ED) is annoying as s**t. His voice. Everytime I hear him speak I just want to punch him in the face. He is a typical, over-reacting fan. Eric actually provides excellent insight and is very level head.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i feel like that about the guy on the show before them. John lund I think is his name.
eric davis is level headed, but his way of "arguing" is to repeat his stance over and over instead of giving his reasoning. then he completely dismisses the other viewpoint.

yesterday them talking about the james harrison suspension was a perfect example. i can only take some much of this show at a time before it gets annoying.
Tierney is from NY, hence the accent, and he's a Jets fan.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I believe that is the name of the show. On from 2 - 6 and is hosted by Eric Davis and Turney or Torney or whatever his name is. Holy s**t that other guy (not ED) is annoying as s**t. His voice. Everytime I hear him speak I just want to punch him in the face. He is a typical, over-reacting fan. Eric actually provides excellent insight and is very level head.

Agreed. The other day when KNBR was into pumping up the start of the Warriors season I was giving The Game a try and was pretty disappointed, in particular with this show. Tierney is a New York transplant trying to infect the Bay Area with the always angry east coast sports talk vibe . . . which pretty much is to skew negative whenever possible. Davis and Tierney mix like oil and water IMO. After a little more than 90 minutes I went to music.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
haven't listened to this station in a while. man, these callers are fkn retarded. Most can't even form a sentence.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
greg poppa is annoying as f**k
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

i'm taking it that Eric Davis is no longer on this station since he's on NFLN. Is that right? If so, what shows are even worth listening to? Cuz the two on right now are fkn annoying.
Brandon Tierney is annoying as hell. One week the dude is crowning Smith as the 2nd coming and next week he wants him benched after a 3 and out.
I personally like Tierney. His East Coast attitude has some serious swag

And Greg Poppa is probably the most knowledgeable one at the station.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by susweel:

i'm taking it that Eric Davis is no longer on this station since he's on NFLN. Is that right? If so, what shows are even worth listening to? Cuz the two on right now are fkn annoying.

Yes he left 95.7 for NFL AM on NFLN, but he still does color commentary for the 49er games on KNBR and 107.7 The Bone
Share 49ersWebzone