There are 32 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What to expect Monday night against PITT

Last time we had a high profile game we came in off a Cardinals win and were underprepared and outplayed by Baltimore....

Now after a Cardinals loss going into a very meaningful high profile game against a top AFC team I can only imagine the intensity will be insane on SF's part.

I have a feeling that for this game at least, things will go our way because when players get pissed they will do whatever it takes to right their wrongs. You can't teach talent but you can minimize mistakes and execute.

I look forward to seeing what happens in the last 3 games.

BTW, someone said we locked down 3rd seed. Actually if Dallas wins out and we lose out, we would both be 10-6 and they hold the head to head tie breaker (and tie on conference record). So guaranteed there's a playoff game at the stick (wildcard or division), and 95% chance we are at least 3rd, but still gotta win one game. Of course, I really think the chance of losing out is lower than winning out! No way St. Louis beats us if we dropped two straight.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM ]
I hope you are right.
The Steelers can expect an ass kicking.
We suck on 3rd Down, We can't catch, We are starting injured players, 60% of Candlestick will be Pittsburgh fans, our pets heads are falling off !!!!!
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM ]
I hope we come out and punch them right in the nose ..... 14 quick points would do it but I hope I'm not wishing for too much
I expect to be s**tfaced.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We suck on 3rd Down, We can't catch, We are starting injured players, 60% of Candlestick will be Pittsburgh fans, our pets heads are falling off !!!!!

Lol, nice Dumb and Dumber reference. You're right Gore should not be starting if he is injured, let Hunter carry the rock and save Gore for playoffs.

I think we will come out sharp against PIT, we finally had the "trap" game that we were all waiting for. Give credit to AZ they came out fired up and played well and we didn't BUT we still almost won. That's a great sign for our team, plus we get to experience disappointment which helps with the motivational side of the game.

Another thing, we absolutely have to bring down Big Ben if we get our hands on him. He will kill us if he is able to consistently buy time by sliding around in the pocket. No more missed sacks, especially Aldon, I know he is a great player but he could easily have 2-3 more sacks. And for the love of god, can we please see a screen pass to Hunter!!!!

Go Niners!
I expect a whoppin....
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lol, nice Dumb and Dumber reference. You're right Gore should not be starting if he is injured, let Hunter carry the rock and save Gore for playoffs.

I think we will come out sharp against PIT, we finally had the "trap" game that we were all waiting for. Give credit to AZ they came out fired up and played well and we didn't BUT we still almost won. That's a great sign for our team, plus we get to experience disappointment which helps with the motivational side of the game.

Another thing, we absolutely have to bring down Big Ben if we get our hands on him. He will kill us if he is able to consistently buy time by sliding around in the pocket. No more missed sacks, especially Aldon, I know he is a great player but he could easily have 2-3 more sacks. And for the love of god, can we please see a screen pass to Hunter!!!!

Go Niners!

Great post and much more screens. Hell any kind of screens!
Read all about it here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/156784-san-francisco-pittsburgh-steelers-pre-gameday-thread-monday-night/
I expect a very similar game to our game against Baltimore. Low scoring, hard hitting, very little running by our opposition. This game will come down to line play and who is able to protect their QB better. If Smith gets time to throw I think the Niners will win. If the OL doesnt protect him, the Steelers will win. I really think its that simple.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I expect a whoppin....

and if you're wrong?
Ahh...I can see Smith getting sack a lot in this game. Hope the o-line steps it up.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Troy will be running around in our backfield all day. TE's finally step it up.
I have a feeling we're going to get beat, not sure how bad...

I just have no idea what has happened to this team. How are we not able to score in the redone? no davis? no crabbtree?

Strange.