Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
^^ Awesome pic
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
^^ Awesome pic

Yah it totally is, how lucky is Jed to grow up witnessing that.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

Yes Harbaugh chose us, he had other options. Obviously they wanted to stay in the Bay Area which is why they took the 49ers job. The only real reason you provide for Harbaugh choosing the 49ers over other options is that his wife was having a baby. That's it?? That's why he took a 5 year job offer that he intends to hold onto indefinitely??

If I'm choosing an NFL job I want the job that maximizes my chances of success so I can hold onto that job as long as possible, because for family, stability is the most important thing. I want a head coaching job where I know I will work well with ownership and management. You look at KC, where friction between Pioli and Haley led to Haley's dismissal.

On top of that, Jed offered Harbaugh a pretty good deal monetarily. Clearly, 49ers had the advantage being in the backyard of Stanford with Harbaugh preferring to stay ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, but all things are rarely ever equal. I'm not sure that Harbaugh is a 49er if it's Stephen Ross who's owner of the 49ers, treatin Sparano like used trash.

Very well said. Basically were stable at most positions on the team. We've been drafting first rounders for years that actually start, but never had the coaching staff that could turn them into winners. Seems like outside of the qb position and passrusher we looked good. Turned out alex can manage the game, and aldon was a fantasic draft choice.
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

this
The deal got finished, that was their job to do
Originally posted by nflguy49:

this

do not agree. SD you sound like a broken record. They could have gone after some scrub and paid him a mil a year. That was John Yorks m.o. prior to now. They ponied up and got their guy. Sure there were circumstances in their favor, but to say they deserve no credit at all is ridiculously short sighted.

Of course we had the built-in and lethal advantage of geography. So what. We were due for some good timing. It was about f**king time. We also had the built in advantage of a pretty damn talented roster, which I'm sure was not lost on Harbaugh.

Looking back 11 months ago at the popular perception of the York family and our front office after the Baalke hire it's hard to believe he did choose us . . . and as you point out he had other options . . . so IMO Jed and Trent deserve credit for doing what they had to do get him in the door and get the deal done.

This.

Originally posted by area49:

This.

Of course you would agree.
Gotta love Eddie D. he is the man. York (John) stay the eff away you SUCK as an owner.

Your hatred is getting old...
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM ]
Im just happy coach JH is here and we're all witness to what could well be another golden period for the 49ers.
Originally posted by filthydogma:
Gotta love Eddie D. he is the man. York (John) stay the eff away you SUCK as an owner.

at the end of the day John is still the one signing the pay checks. I don't think you all should be so harsh on the guy. It's not like he would've hired Nolan if he had known how bad he was as a coach. His initial mistake was firing Mooch.
Share 49ersWebzone