There are 185 users in the forums

Eddie praises Jed, disses John York

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rudedog:
Eddie also said that this 2011 team is better than the tean in 1981. I totally disagree with that. When Bill Walsh came in and turned this team around you could see progress each week, especially with the offense. This team right now is close on defense but the offense is not even close. The offense right now is pretty much the same as its been for the last 3-4 years. Mainly struggles with the o-line. This o-line hasen't been the same since Bob Mckittrick left this team. Granted the o-line has alot more blocking schemes to deal with than they did in years past but other teams seem to be able to deal with it so what is the problem now? I know some will say that this was a shortened preseason and all but there are other teams that have had to put in new OC and new o-line coaches and they seem to be getting it done.
One thing that is going on this week that I question, is Harbaugh giving the team an extra day off. I know some players are hurt and they need to rest but this is the time to work with the o-line and figure out what needs to be fixed before thay get to the playoffs and get totally embarassed.

Well, I guess that Eddie is just giving his opinion, huh?

And regarding Bobb, everybody dies. Way it is.
Jed: 'Hello?"

Harbaugh: 'Hey, after careful consideration, and all the options available... I've decided the 49ers is the best fit for me and my family. I welcome the challenge to be the next 49ers head coach. '

Jed; 'Who's this... Jim?....Jim Harbaugh...?'

Harbaugh: 'Yeah!... Yeah, that's me! Heard you made some T-shirts for me.'

Jed: 'Mmmm.... No...No....I was sure you would take the Michigan job. I didn't even think of you coming to us Jim....We have already put all our efforts into getting Bill Cowher. I'm sorry Jim.'

Harbaugh: 'Oh....?....Alright...'
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

Yes Harbaugh chose us, he had other options. Obviously they wanted to stay in the Bay Area which is why they took the 49ers job. The only real reason you provide for Harbaugh choosing the 49ers over other options is that his wife was having a baby. That's it?? That's why he took a 5 year job offer that he intends to hold onto indefinitely??

If I'm choosing an NFL job I want the job that maximizes my chances of success so I can hold onto that job as long as possible, because for family, stability is the most important thing. I want a head coaching job where I know I will work well with ownership and management. You look at KC, where friction between Pioli and Haley led to Haley's dismissal.

On top of that, Jed offered Harbaugh a pretty good deal monetarily. Clearly, 49ers had the advantage being in the backyard of Stanford with Harbaugh preferring to stay ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, but all things are rarely ever equal. I'm not sure that Harbaugh is a 49er if it's Stephen Ross who's owner of the 49ers, treatin Sparano like used trash.

This. I swear 9 years of losing seaons seemed to have beaten the self-esteem out of some posters.
  • dj43
Eddie also said that this 2011 team is better than the tean in 1981. I totally disagree with that. When Bill Walsh came in and turned this team around you could see progress each week, especially with the offense. This team right now is close on defense but the offense is not even close. The offense right now is pretty much the same as its been for the last 3-4 years. Mainly struggles with the o-line. This o-line hasen't been the same since Bob Mckittrick left this team. Granted the o-line has alot more blocking schemes to deal with than they did in years past but other teams seem to be able to deal with it so what is the problem now? I know some will say that this was a shortened preseason and all but there are other teams that have had to put in new OC and new o-line coaches and they seem to be getting it done.
One thing that is going on this week that I question, is Harbaugh giving the team an extra day off. I know some players are hurt and they need to rest but this is the time to work with the o-line and figure out what needs to be fixed before thay get to the playoffs and get totally embarassed.
The '81 team had two things that were better than this team.

One, despite having Dan Audick, a converted guard at LT, the offensive line was very good in pass protection and the run schemes allowed them to run well despite having RBs that never played again after that season.

Two, Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon were more reliable receivers than anyone on the current team. Also, they had a very reliable Charle Young at TE, not glitzy but effective.

The new CBA has limited practice time. Harbaugh is in compliance.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Read this in as well in the Paper here in the city this morning. Funny at the jab he took at his dad. Im sure Eddie is still sour about not getting the team back after he told his sister just hold onto it for a year and then gives it away to Father York lol.. I mean come on Eddie D had so much faith in our team he was BETTING on our team to win games.. I still think its BS he lost his team because of drug scandling or whatever i mean thats HIS team... i dont know the NFL rights or w/e but if he bought the team i dont see why something that is outside the NFL causes you to lose your rights to the team.

That was quite some scandal. Bringing the NFL into disrepute. You cant just pretend it didnt happen. As awful as it was he made a huge error of judgement and had to pay the price. And we paid the price as well, and those times are only just over.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for AJ_Larrea954.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

with that statement you might as well say Eddie D has no credit for turning us into a dynasty, it was all Bill Walsh
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM ]
  • Veteran
Eddie = 5 SBs, John York = 7 straight losing season! Whatever Eddie says, it goes.

Would have to disagree. This years offense is WAY better than the crap that Hostler and Raye fielded. Yes, we still have problems, particularly with the red zone and 3rd downs, but we're moving the ball better and scoring much more than in years past. The O-line is inconsistent and has their share of problems, but they are not the same thin wall of swiss cheese they were for the last three years. You can tell than Harbaugh and co. have re-instituted the same style of offensive line play that Mckittrick made famous years ago (cut-blocking, pulling linemen, etc).
  • islam
  • Veteran
Jim Harbaugh took the 49er job because he believed in Alex Smith. He knew Alex had hidden potential that he needed to coach out oh him!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by islam:
Jim Harbaugh took the 49er job because he believed in Alex Smith. He knew Alex had hidden potential that he needed to coach out oh him!

sure buddy

Jed Jed hes our Man!!!!!

his father can kick rocks
Go Niners!
[ Edited by English on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM ]
The other thing Harbaugh did was take Baalke's draft picks and FA and made them full time starters and contributers:

1. Immediately put Ray McDonald as DE starter.
2. Let Nate go and put Brown on the field.
3. Got Rodgers, and put Culliver in action
4. Signed Whitner - and then Goldson back.
5. Aldon Smith - nice pick and quickly producing.

Nolan and Sing clung to under performing talent and let young talent waste away on the sidelines.

So Baalke deserves some credit.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Sadly, at my age I never got to see him in action as a owner, but man, I like this guy.

He embodies the perfect combination of business sense, winner's instinct and passion...perfect profile for a sports owner. John York lacked the last 2 attributes completely, and Jed only really tries to mimic them
Originally posted by dj43:
The '81 team had two things that were better than this team.

One, despite having Dan Audick, a converted guard at LT, the offensive line was very good in pass protection and the run schemes allowed them to run well despite having RBs that never played again after that season.

Two, Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon were more reliable receivers than anyone on the current team. Also, they had a very reliable Charle Young at TE, not glitzy but effective.

The new CBA has limited practice time. Harbaugh is in compliance.

and the secondary. The 1981 secondary was amazing
Share 49ersWebzone