LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Eddie praises Jed, disses John York

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eddie does know how to put pressure on you to win.

"They are so much better than our 1981 team," DeBartolo said of the first, epic 49ers Super Bowl team.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol Eddie D the G.
Read this in as well in the Paper here in the city this morning. Funny at the jab he took at his dad. Im sure Eddie is still sour about not getting the team back after he told his sister just hold onto it for a year and then gives it away to Father York lol.. I mean come on Eddie D had so much faith in our team he was BETTING on our team to win games.. I still think its BS he lost his team because of drug scandling or whatever i mean thats HIS team... i dont know the NFL rights or w/e but if he bought the team i dont see why something that is outside the NFL causes you to lose your rights to the team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

we got luckier than we think. according to Adam Schefter, Harbaugh had verbally committed to coach Michigan, and then changed his mind and picked the Niners.

Yes we did.

Lucky > Good
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I couldn't possibly care less about what Eddie DeBartolo thinks about the current state of the 49ers. He had his time. He f**ked it up. He has been relegated to the shadows.
Eddie also said that this 2011 team is better than the tean in 1981. I totally disagree with that. When Bill Walsh came in and turned this team around you could see progress each week, especially with the offense. This team right now is close on defense but the offense is not even close. The offense right now is pretty much the same as its been for the last 3-4 years. Mainly struggles with the o-line. This o-line hasen't been the same since Bob Mckittrick left this team. Granted the o-line has alot more blocking schemes to deal with than they did in years past but other teams seem to be able to deal with it so what is the problem now? I know some will say that this was a shortened preseason and all but there are other teams that have had to put in new OC and new o-line coaches and they seem to be getting it done.
One thing that is going on this week that I question, is Harbaugh giving the team an extra day off. I know some players are hurt and they need to rest but this is the time to work with the o-line and figure out what needs to be fixed before thay get to the playoffs and get totally embarassed.
[ Edited by rudedog on Dec 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

Yes Harbaugh chose us, he had other options. Obviously they wanted to stay in the Bay Area which is why they took the 49ers job. The only real reason you provide for Harbaugh choosing the 49ers over other options is that his wife was having a baby. That's it?? That's why he took a 5 year job offer that he intends to hold onto indefinitely??

If I'm choosing an NFL job I want the job that maximizes my chances of success so I can hold onto that job as long as possible, because for family, stability is the most important thing. I want a head coaching job where I know I will work well with ownership and management. You look at KC, where friction between Pioli and Haley led to Haley's dismissal.

On top of that, Jed offered Harbaugh a pretty good deal monetarily. Clearly, 49ers had the advantage being in the backyard of Stanford with Harbaugh preferring to stay ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, but all things are rarely ever equal. I'm not sure that Harbaugh is a 49er if it's Stephen Ross who's owner of the 49ers, treatin Sparano like used trash.

you'll never get through to this particular poster, he'll say (and legitimately believe) that harbaugh like they way his next door neighbours ass looks in tight pants so thats why he stayed in the bay area, before ever admitting that jed deserves some credit on this.

As a business owner you are doing something right when a sought after candidate in a top leadership position who has other options seeks you out as their 1st choice where they want to work. Harbaugh was already in a good spot with Stanford, and could have been head coach for another NFL team, but liked what he saw over here. No way somebody takes a job like this purely because it is close to where they already live if they think they are going to be set up to fail by bad ownership.

Still starts from the top, SD whether your hate for the Yorks allows you to see it is another thing.

You keep saying that to yourself if it makes you feel better.

But the fact is that Jed hired Trent who hired Jim.

Whatever SD, whatever.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Still starts from the top, SD whether your hate for the Yorks allows you to see it is another thing.

You keep saying that to yourself if it makes you feel better.

But the fact is that Jed hired Trent who hired Jim.

Whatever SD, whatever.

This.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i also agree that this whole "turnaround" is all Harbaugh and Co. But would Harbaugh be here would the Yorks not went after him?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/12/12/eddie-d-who-predicted-it-a-year-ago-sees-some-greatness-in-this-49ers-team/
"Jed's done a good job. He's stood back; he did what he had to do in hiring the coach," DeBartolo said. "Gave (general manager Trent) Baalke the responsibility.

"And he kept his father (John York) the hell out of the picture."

Holy s**t

Not entirely true because I still see John York in the locker room videos.
  • dj43
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Sadly, at my age I never got to see him in action as a owner, but man, I like this guy.

He made a lot of mistakes, some were HUGE (Joe Thomas), back when he first took over the team. HOWEVER, he learned from those mistakes, even listened to Al Davis in hiring Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/12/12/eddie-d-who-predicted-it-a-year-ago-sees-some-greatness-in-this-49ers-team/
"Jed's done a good job. He's stood back; he did what he had to do in hiring the coach," DeBartolo said. "Gave (general manager Trent) Baalke the responsibility.

"And he kept his father (John York) the hell out of the picture."

Holy s**t

Not entirely true because I still see John York in the locker room videos.

everytime i see the guy with the stupid smug look on his face i wanna punch him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

how bout a nice cup of tea?
[ Edited by English on Dec 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone