There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eddie praises Jed, disses John York

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/12/12/eddie-d-who-predicted-it-a-year-ago-sees-some-greatness-in-this-49ers-team/
"Jed's done a good job. He's stood back; he did what he had to do in hiring the coach," DeBartolo said. "Gave (general manager Trent) Baalke the responsibility.

"And he kept his father (John York) the hell out of the picture."

Holy s**t
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.
Sadly, at my age I never got to see him in action as a owner, but man, I like this guy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks deserve no credit at all. Harbaugh CHOSE US. His wife was having a baby. They wanted to stay put in the Bay Area. He had other options. The turnaround is ALL HARBAUGH. A tiny bit Baalke who I must admit is better than I expected.

how bout a nice cup of tea?
[ Edited by English on Dec 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
Eddie D had a burning desire to win and it filtered down to the entire organization. After the Cardinal loss there was such doom and gloom that it was good to hear Eddie D put it into perspective. Look at this year, we've been in every game, except for the Packers has any team been this consistent? If Eddie D came back as an owner of another NFL team how could any 49er fan not root for him.

we got luckier than we think. according to Adam Schefter, Harbaugh had verbally committed to coach Michigan, and then changed his mind and picked the Niners.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eddie D had a burning desire to win and it filtered down to the entire organization. After the Cardinal loss there was such doom and gloom that it was good to hear Eddie D put it into perspective. Look at this year, we've been in every game, except for the Packers has any team been this consistent? If Eddie D came back as an owner of another NFL team how could any 49er fan not root for him.

Well, I dont think I could root for him if he bought the Dallas Cowboys!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

how bout a nice cup of tea?

Originally posted by Niners99:
we got luckier than we think. according to Adam Schefter, Harbaugh had verbally committed to coach Michigan, and then changed his mind and picked the Niners.

Of course he said that, he's a bitter Michigan alum. LOL. What a tool that little troll is.
[ Edited by English on Dec 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

Yes we did.

Gotta give some credit for even going after high profile coach prospect. I'd bet John York's candidates would have been a bunch of lame ducks as usual, most likely end up with tomsula as the head coach for a few hundred thousand.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

This. As for Baalke, he has been a great personnel director (FA/Draft) thus far. I don't know how good he is at organizational management yet; he's never done it before and it's too soon to judge.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Sadly, at my age I never got to see him in action as a owner, but man, I like this guy.

He was a big fan of his own team first, then an owner. He loves his team and the coaches and players. Rooted and pressure them to be winners as all fans do. He loves his team in part because it was a gift from his father. It must have crushed Eddie to have to 'sell' it to his sister. But at least the team stayed in the family.

http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12902/praise-for-jed-york/
I'll always remember the night Bryant Young broke his leg on MNF against the Giants ...Eddie D stormed on the field to check on BY and rode the ambulance with Young to the hospital, Eddie had genuine concern for his players and loved his team ...that night against the Giants we all saw that Eddie D was a great person and owner

Yes Harbaugh chose us, he had other options. Obviously they wanted to stay in the Bay Area which is why they took the 49ers job. The only real reason you provide for Harbaugh choosing the 49ers over other options is that his wife was having a baby. That's it?? That's why he took a 5 year job offer that he intends to hold onto indefinitely??

If I'm choosing an NFL job I want the job that maximizes my chances of success so I can hold onto that job as long as possible, because for family, stability is the most important thing. I want a head coaching job where I know I will work well with ownership and management. You look at KC, where friction between Pioli and Haley led to Haley's dismissal.

On top of that, Jed offered Harbaugh a pretty good deal monetarily. Clearly, 49ers had the advantage being in the backyard of Stanford with Harbaugh preferring to stay ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, but all things are rarely ever equal. I'm not sure that Harbaugh is a 49er if it's Stephen Ross who's owner of the 49ers, treatin Sparano like used trash.