There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 14: Thoughts after re-watching the game....

Another observation I had was the lack of Ray Lewis-effect. When the Ravens played us, their first game without Ray Lewis, they played FOR him, no doubt; he was on the sidelines cheering, pumping up his players, guys stepped up and claimed responsibility/leadership. When I watched this game without Willis, I didn't see the leadership, guys stepping up, just saw Willis standing there on the sidelines looking sour, etc. When we get into the playoffs, we will be facing teams with experience IN the playoffs, true leaders, etc. Where are our leaders?
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Another observation I had was the lack of Ray Lewis-effect. When the Ravens played us, their first game without Ray Lewis, they played FOR him, no doubt; he was on the sidelines cheering, pumping up his players, guys stepped up and claimed responsibility/leadership. When I watched this game without Willis, I didn't see the leadership, guys stepping up, just saw Willis standing there on the sidelines looking sour, etc. When we get into the playoffs, we will be facing teams with experience IN the playoffs, true leaders, etc. Where are our leaders?

This is still a young team, if we think about it. If there was a veteran presence on the team, it's Goodwin, Jennings, or Justin Smith.
towards the end of the game when the Niners where down and the defense was in, they showed a clip of Edwards, Alex and V.Davis sitting on the bench. Edwards and Smith seemed to be staring into space and Davis was singing a rap song....

I remember thiking, where is the passion? Where is focus? They just seemed defeated.

That scense strikes as a strong contrast of what I saw from Brady the game before cussing out his OC and they where up by a TD. Something is definitly off with this team right now. They need to find Freddy P. Soft and kick the crap out of him.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
towards the end of the game when the Niners where down and the defense was in, they showed a clip of Edwards, Alex and V.Davis sitting on the bench. Edwards and Smith seemed to be staring into space and Davis was singing a rap song....

I remember thiking, where is the passion? Where is focus? They just seemed defeated.

That scense strikes as a strong contrast of what I saw from Brady the game before cussing out his OC and they where up by a TD. Something is definitly off with this team right now. They need to find Freddy P. Soft and kick the crap out of him.
How do you know VD was singing a rap song and not praying? Cuz he's black?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

How do you know VD was singing a rap song and not praying? Cuz he's black?

No because I'm black and I can read lips....
It baffles me how our defense gets any blame for this game. Perfect example of how the offense affected our defense is the play where Goldson tries to go for tha ball, allowing Fitzgerald to get a huge gain.

Do you think Goldson tries for the pick if we are up 2 touchdowns? Of course not. Our defense knows our offense was horrible yesterday, and felt that they needed to make plays to win. Cant blame the D for that. We are up, Goldson goes for the receiver not the ball.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
It baffles me how our defense gets any blame for this game. Perfect example of how the offense affected our defense is the play where Goldson tries to go for tha ball, allowing Fitzgerald to get a huge gain.

Do you think Goldson tries for the pick if we are up 2 touchdowns? Of course not. Our defense knows our offense was horrible yesterday, and felt that they needed to make plays to win. Cant blame the D for that. We are up, Goldson goes for the receiver not the ball.

That's a little speculative to me...always go for the pick IMO unless it's a huge risk. I didn't think that one was a huge risk, Larry just showed why he's the best receiver in the game. I don't really fault Goldson too much on that, although he could have fought harder.

The defense definitely deserves its share of the blame. And before I go further, I understand how a bad offense can gas a defense and all that. At the same time, something is functionally wrong with a secondary when Skelton can tear you apart like that. The Doucet TD came before the defense was really tired and the offense was able to respond to that with a TD of its own. I will say that the Cardinal's offense definitely got some calls that we didn't get, like the roughing the passer via hit to the knee which happened 2x to Alex, and some pretty obvious holding on Haralson.
Alex smith sucks that's all there is to it, the guy is the most inaccurate qb I have ever seen, every throw our receivers either half to jump for it or dive on the ground which is losing us yards and big plays. If it weren't for our D this team would be no where.
Originally posted by castlebar85:
Alex smith sucks that's all there is to it, the guy is the most inaccurate qb I have ever seen, every throw our receivers either half to jump for it or dive on the ground which is losing us yards and big plays. If it weren't for our D this team would be no where.

Watch Lions game, Eagles game, Giants Game, and Rams game.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Yes he does, if you are expecting worldly wisdom from Goldson you are going to be disappointed. DB's get greedy, against a backup QB that we destroyed a few weeks earlier any of our guys would look for the INT, even if we are losing by 10 or winning by 100.

Hurry....I think the recess bell is ringing.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Hurry....I think the recess bell is ringing.

IF it wasn't for the D not paying attention to detail, there wouldn't be 14 points scored against them.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
IF it wasn't for the D not paying attention to detail, there wouldn't be 14 points scored against them.

The D did more than their fair share. How many times did the D and ST give them ball back to the O? Let's not even talk about field position.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

The D did more than their fair share. How many times did the D and ST give them ball back to the O? Let's not even talk about field position.

Stop. You're both right. The D should never have allowed those long plays, but the O was in position to score enough points for it not to matter.
I have no idea what Ginn was doing on that play? Could have been a TD. The fake kick TD was BS. No idea what the officals were looking at? I think we got burned big time on that one.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home