There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 14: Thoughts after re-watching the game....

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
What did Crabs say after the game ?

"I have no words, really," Crabtree said. "I saw a lot of opportunities. I really don't want to say anything negative. You know what I'm saying? But it's hard.

"When you're trying to be the man, and you're trying to do what you're supposed to do, trying to grind it out, trying to be the receiver, and you don't get the ball. It's hard. It's disappointing. I don't know, man. I don't need to be talking right now."

This what Crabtree is talking about
Crabtree caught seven passes for 63 yards, but he was a spectator in the red zone. The 49ers ran 11 plays inside the Cardinals' 20-yard line. Crabtree was on the sideline for four of those plays, and he was not the intended target on any of the other seven plays.




Braylon
"Talk to them," Edwards said of the other receivers. "They played. I didn't."


Basically he's saying he was open but didnt get the ball.


Umm yeah. Sus, c'mon man. The article noted "Crabtree was a spectator in the red zone."

He wasn't even on the field for some reason. Braylon was, and was a joke. Braylon isn't happy, and we aren't happy because he's stunk.
Our offense sucks so I wansn't surprised with their struggles. However, it was frustrating to see the progress that Horton has made with less talented players on defense. The Cardinals defense was aggressive while Fangio continued with his bland script. Fangio needs to realize that players wear down and rushing 4 is not going to create the same pressure as it did in the beginning of the year. Skelton had all day to throw (particualry in the 2nd half) and Fangio didn't adjust. I realize we have a good D but Fangio needs to be more creative.
Could the reason for us holding the ball too long be due to the fact that our passing game heavily relies on "rub routes" and plays to unfold a little bit? Rarely do we take the one step "blind" throw where both WR and QB are almost equally responsible for the play being executed. I know Vernon can't get his head around worth a crap. We know Braylon can't get his head around or stop at the right spot. Delanie, Kyle and Crabs needed to be targeted more on hot routes.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Our offense sucks so I wansn't surprised with their struggles. However, it was frustrating to see the progress that Horton has made with less talented players on defense. The Cardinals defense was aggressive while Fangio continued with his bland script. Fangio needs to realize that players wear down and rushing 4 is not going to create the same pressure as it did in the beginning of the year. Skelton had all day to throw (particualry in the 2nd half) and Fangio didn't adjust. I realize we have a good D but Fangio needs to be more creative.

If there's consolation, I think Fangio/co. accentuate what the players do well. This, or they need a full offseason to implement his blitz packages - at least in his mind.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Could the reason for us holding the ball too long be due to the fact that our passing game heavily relies on "rub routes" and plays to unfold a little bit? Rarely do we take the one step "blind" throw where both WR and QB are almost equally responsible for the play being executed. I know Vernon can't get his head around worth a crap. We know Braylon can't get his head around or stop at the right spot. Delanie, Kyle and Crabs needed to be targeted more on hot routes.

I think the offense needs to go back to three step drops if their pass protection, or lack thereof is such a glaring liability.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Could the reason for us holding the ball too long be due to the fact that our passing game heavily relies on "rub routes" and plays to unfold a little bit? Rarely do we take the one step "blind" throw where both WR and QB are almost equally responsible for the play being executed. I know Vernon can't get his head around worth a crap. We know Braylon can't get his head around or stop at the right spot. Delanie, Kyle and Crabs needed to be targeted more on hot routes.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but your comment reminded me about an article that mentioned how Harbaugh simplified the offense by having built in hot routes instead of relying on the QB and receivers to adjust depending on the coverage. It seemed to work in the beginning of the year and it creates less turnovers but if a defense can identify the hot routes then they can take them away, leaving Alex without an option when teams blitz.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Umm yeah. Sus, c'mon man. The article noted "Crabtree was a spectator in the red zone."

He wasn't even on the field for some reason. Braylon was, and was a joke. Braylon isn't happy, and we aren't happy because he's stunk.

Braylon doesn't even look happy in the locker room after a win.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Umm yeah. Sus, c'mon man. The article noted "Crabtree was a spectator in the red zone."

He wasn't even on the field for some reason. Braylon was, and was a joke. Braylon isn't happy, and we aren't happy because he's stunk.

Braylon doesn't even look happy in the locker room after a win.

Honestly, I'd cut him now and say fine if you don't want to be a team player, get out.
Jiks, if you are correct, and i don't doubt you are, then I agree with NCommand's ( i think) statement that we may very well need WRs, CBs, SS, but may end up with an OL as our #1 pick. That would be my first choice also, unless we FAed a current all pro OL whose contract just ran out. I am not familiar with who , if anyone will be available. It is always better to draft 'em and raise 'em like you want them, but acquiring an all pro OL guy would be a short cut to wherever we are gonna end up. I unfortunately agree with above comment that this probably won't be our yr. As nw9 said, we just have too many areas where Qb needs more work , OL needs to work on blitz pickup, DBs need to work on coverage, and Coach needs to get some more sweat equity time....also known as learning by making mistakes. To me that sounds like yes, yes, yes, and yes. Summary, SB is a bit out of range for us this yr, painful as that is to write. Sure , on any Sunday, but I am afraid after Balt and then AZ, we haven't really learned anything that Balt made us aware of...and that is bad news for going deep in playoffs. I still stick to what i said about Harbaugh calling his own plays, however.
All I can say is, it would not be surprising in the least if we have a new center and RG next year.

Beeler? Kilgore? Draft pick? FA? As long as they're better, I don't care.
OTC, the need for an OL first is not a popular idea...but as time has gone by , and fans see what an OL can do, and specifically how it affects QB play, run play, passing, etc, acquiring another 1st rd or all pro OL guy is way more palatable now then at any time in last 8 yrs when most wanted the hands guys to go #1...which is fine if you have a great OL . I am a Vince Lombardi disciple and as such, subscribe to "build lines first" We pretty much have our DL, but still are short on OL even with 3 first rd picks and 1 second rd pick. Why we didn't run every UDFA thru here, even if it had to be at midnite, is a puzzle to me. Probably wouldn't have found that pearl, but you never know. Barring that, we need an OL in rd 1, and if we could get a pair of them I would be delighted. Until the OL is built, we are gonna be static.