There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We lost 2 out of 3 (AND THEN BACK ON WINNING TRACK) ***UPDATED!

Originally posted by Loco49er:
I don't think SD is too far off. The offense (including Roman) has not figured out how to beat the blitz, this has been a problem since preseason. Blitzburgh is a loss, the team is playing sloppy on the road so Seattle is a loss, Rams still suck so that is a probable win.

The #2 seed is gone. The Saints are peaking and the Niners (specifically the offense) have plateaued or even regressed.

Anything is possible in the playoffs but I guarantee that any team we play will bring the heat all day long and it doesn't seem like the offense will fix its inability to beat the blitz this season.

I am happy about the season and thrilled to be back in the playoffs but the offense is really struggling.

pittsburgh is a loss, seattle is a loss, u sound pretty confident, gonna lay down your rent money on it?
Defense win's Championships, not the offense, and our D is pretty damn elite if you ask me..

If Willis played in yesterday's game, this threat wouldn't have existed. Nuff said.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I don't think SD is too far off. The offense (including Roman) has not figured out how to beat the blitz, this has been a problem since preseason. Blitzburgh is a loss, the team is playing sloppy on the road so Seattle is a loss, Rams still suck so that is a probable win.

The #2 seed is gone. The Saints are peaking and the Niners (specifically the offense) have plateaued or even regressed.

Anything is possible in the playoffs but I guarantee that any team we play will bring the heat all day long and it doesn't seem like the offense will fix its inability to beat the blitz this season.

I am happy about the season and thrilled to be back in the playoffs but the offense is really struggling.

pittsburgh is a loss, seattle is a loss, u sound pretty confident, gonna lay down your rent money on it?

I won't bet against the Niners but based on what I've seen I just don't expect a win against Pittsburgh or Seattle.
*thread* from the previous post
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So where does that leave us?

Ravens: Loss.
Rams: Win.
Cardinals: Loss.
Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.

So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.

Hey, how are the bolts doin? I mean, that's ur team, right? I have not seen you celebrate at all this season. Its just been a bunch of negativity after our 3 losses. I would think a person who predicted 0-16 would be stoked about the teams success....if they were a true fan. And don't feed me tht "reaistic"
bs either.... you're just simply not a faithful fan, go watch rugby or some s**t.

Actually most of the year hes been talking about how Alex has arrived, and how good the team is doing. So what he wants to be pissed about a loss, all you guys just read it or don't. Sometimes its hard for other people to always be positive about alexc, or about RZ offense or anything like some of you. Some of you have been able to stay positive through a lot. Especially with our QB, i commend you. But if he cares enough to be pissed about a team, i think hes probably a fan. Just not the optimistic kind of fan some of you guys want.
Lets all jump off a bridge now. Apparently the season is over.
Originally posted by Method:
LOOOL. You couldn't help being a negative nancy, could you sandiego? I thought you changed. Oh well.

Yesterdays game was awful. Did you watch the same game I did Method? For once I actually agree with SD, aside from losing to the Hawks and Rams. It is deffinitely possible if we keep playing the way we did yesterday. We have been exposed since the Ravens game. This team is built to pound the rock, play great defense and let the QB be a game manager. Alex is no QB. Anyone who defends Alex after yesterday is in denial. This team is not built to be a passing team. The oline is a run first oline and the QB they block for is not a good passer. Any defense this team faces that has a good front seven and an above average secondary is going to beat us. The formula is out.
You are the biggest flip-flopper I've ever seen.

First you predicted 0-16. Then after we defeated the Giants you were talking about how this team has a championship formula and could beat anybody. Now we suck and will lose every game from here on out.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Yeah MadDog I'm with you. I mean we are still 10-3, and i mean we are talking about just losing to a Cards team that I think beat the Cowboys. OR didnt a few sorry teams beat the Pats and the Saints as well.

Dont point that out to say anything other that on any given Sunday it's anyone's game. In the past, on defense we were able to force our will on players, and that in turn led to not having to score soo many points.

In the past when we needed to throw the ball we had been successful. This is the first lost of its kind in my eyes. WE just came off of winning last week 27-0 I think or sumthin like that. So im not worried after this loss.

What makes me so optimistic is that had one of those two TD's been caught by Ginn, we wouldnt even be having this convo. I'm not saying that it was good we didnt score in the second half of the game. I'm just saying even tho we werent great, we did enough to win. Two Td's to Ginn Missed, Edwards, Walker, Hunter, and a few others all drops (when it mattered the most).

So i cant say its all on the coaches, players, etc. It's both sides, and as some say, coaches coach and players play. Well at times the coaches did call the right plays, even trick plays, goin for it for the punt. then i think another 4th down that we actually converted.

We said that the difference between a good and bad team is when the score is maybe tied or your down, and you can come back for the victory. Well im not gonna put all my eggs in this loss, because when u compare this week, to the other 10 games we've won, we've played better overall during the entire season. Which no one should be upset about.

ps. I'm actually pulling for a win against Pitt. We play well at home, and i also think WHATEVER team we have in the playoffs if at home that we will win this game as well. We are 7-1 i think in the last 8 home games. And our crowd actually makes noise. (just have to know to not make it when we are on offense.)

There is no reason for fans to panic, but the team needs to plug some of the major leaks we are seeing on offense, especially in pass protection, if we are going to win our opening playoff game. Right now, I'm not sure this offense can generate enough points to even defeat one of the Wild Card entries. However, the playoffs are a month away, so the team has time.

The first step has been accomplished, make the playoffs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So where does that leave us?

Ravens: Loss.
Rams: Win.
Cardinals: Loss.
Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.

So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.

Its still glass half empty or half full for me. 9ers have a defense good enough to win in the playoff's. Offensive players and coaching staff just need to work out the problems in time for the playoffs. So if they lose out, oh well. They won the west and I feel like they will win at least 1 playoff game if not more. Call me crazy....

Go Niners!
We are fine and saying we are horrific on Offense?? Come on now people. You gotta give these guys time, have they not surprised us already this year? Anything can happen and a lot of the blitzing pass rush coming through is bad communication on the lines part and not us getting our butts kicked at the line. Granted there are times when we need to move our feet more blocking. Instead of Alex killing or rolling with the play we need to use hard counts to see where the pressure is coming from so that our line can talk out who they have on that play. WE CAN DO BIG THINGS, I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!
Can we lock up retarded threads like this? It serves no purpose what so ever.
Niners win out, 13-3 Baby
The Cowboys beat us. We cant compete with elite teams.

No way we can travel to Cincy and win, their D is simply too tough.

Oh No, we have to travel to Philly? We're going to get killed.

Tampas tough, Freeman is going tear our secondary apart.

Just barely beat the Browns, season is coming apart.

Another East Coast game? Skins should beat us down.

Eli Manning is going to rape us, season will crumble from here.

Well we beat AZ, but then lost to Baltimore, another elite team we simply were overmatched.

Sure we shut out the Rams, but that loss to AZ to put us 10-3 is the beginning of the end.

No way we can keep up with an elite Pitt team, then go on the road to play the Hawks. We should just lose out to get a better draft pick and trade up for Luck.

The sky is falling the sky is falling. Give me a break. What happened to the "Faithful" part of 49er Faithful?