LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

3-1 finish was inevitable. Now we'll win out.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think if we had won that game we still would have dropped either the Steelers game or Seahawks game.

Now I think we win out. There was a lot to be frustrated about, but I think this will light a fire under the team to address the red zone inefficiency more effectively. I'm sure Harbaugh and Roman are smart enough to figure something out. We have the talent to execute.

The defense was solid without Willis, with the exception of a few somewhat fluky plays.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I think if we had won that game we still would have dropped either the Steelers game or Seahawks game.

Now I think we win out. There was a lot to be frustrated about, but I think this will light a fire under the team to address the red zone inefficiency more effectively. I'm sure Harbaugh and Roman are smart enough to figure something out. We have the talent to execute.

The defense was solid without Willis, with the exception of a few somewhat fluky plays.

regarding talent, I think the old man said it best: "offense you can coach, but defense needs talent." Talent /= skill. Talent helps, but skillful use of that talent is up to the coaching staff, and ultimately the player's self exertion of that talent turned skill.
So, what are you saying?
Pitt is gonna be a big game

hope fatty doesnt play
Originally posted by jreff22:

hope fatty doesnt play

Unfortunately, if Ben and Harrison don't play, we'll probably be favored. I'd almost rather go into the game with "nothing" to lose, so to speak.

But, it's undeniable that our chances of winning are higher if those guys sit, since I'm confident in our team's ability to avoid a let-down. We need to win out to hold off the Saints.
So, what are you saying?

Yes, the talent's there, but it's up to the individual, or collective players to execute on game day. I'm sure every coach does what it can to put players in positional advantage, but it's up to the players to muster up, and take care of the little things on the field: properly locating a ball, not dropping a catching leading to an easy first down, not losing footing (happened in the last few games, or so); pass protection fundamentals (I just see Iupati, and Goodwin almost standing up completely); quarterback and receiver being on the same page, even in times of duress; etc.

hope fatty doesnt play

Unfortunately, if Ben and Harrison don't play, we'll probably be favored. I'd almost rather go into the game with "nothing" to lose, so to speak.

But, it's undeniable that our chances of winning are higher if those guys sit, since I'm confident in our team's ability to avoid a let-down. We need to win out to hold off the Saints.

we need a quick win to build a little momentum going into Sea on a short week. we need a bye to get healthy right now looking at the roster of who is hurt...

willis
gore
snyder
davis
edwards
rogers
brown
add in general fatigue and we have a lot of guys who need a good rest
we need a quick win to build a little momentum going into Sea on a short week. we need a bye to get healthy right now looking at the roster of who is hurt...

willis
gore
snyder
davis
edwards
rogers
brown

With JH being cryptic as he's been, what are the chances we're just seeing smoke and mirrors during his press conference, or do you think he speaks to the point where nothing important was/is revealed?
Originally posted by lssanjose:

willis
gore
snyder
davis
edwards
rogers
brown

With JH being cryptic as he's been, what are the chances we're just seeing smoke and mirrors during his press conference, or do you think he speaks to the point where nothing important was/is revealed?

He doesn't want to tip his hat on a specific player or position but you can eyeball who is "not right". Gore and Willis IMO need to get back to 100% ASAP
He doesn't want to tip his hat on a specific player or position but you can eyeball who is "not right". Gore and Willis IMO need to get back to 100% ASAP

Willis, more than Gore. I think Hunter/Dixon can pick up the slack, but Grant is a liability in pass coverage, from what I saw. Willis's ability to cover - even a wideout - is unreal.

Originally posted by lssanjose:

Willis, more than Gore. I think Hunter/Dixon can pick up the slack, but Grant is a liability in pass coverage, from what I saw. Willis's ability to cover - even a wideout - is unreal.

Yes and No, we really missed the Willis effect but I don't trust Hunter and Dixon alone. I know its not a popular choice but getting another RB might not be out of the question this year. For what it's worth if we went RB I would target Chris Polk-he is a bit of Hunter and Dixon combined.
The way this team is playing they will lose the next two games and maybe beat the Rams, and that will put them at 3-4 seed and have to play the first week of the palyoffs and they will loose. This team is not ready for the playoff yet. They need to beef up the o_line in the off season and quite frankly I am tired of the Alex Smith experiment.
Originally posted by rudedog:
The way this team is playing they will lose the next two games and maybe beat the Rams, and that will put them at 3-4 seed and have to play the first week of the palyoffs and they will loose. This team is not ready for the playoff yet. They need to beef up the o_line in the off season and quite frankly I am tired of the Alex Smith experiment.

Well, if he keeps this up, the experiment won't last past this season. Then again, there might be another one, next season - much to your chagrin! And, honestly, I wouldn't mind that. One: Kaepernick will have a season and change under his belt. Two, if Smith doesn't show progress from this season to next (no, not from this game to the next - thinking big picture here), then he may step in, or Tolzien will. People can talk all they want about Peyton Manning, but I think he's proof an organization can't put that much authority in the hands of one guy, and not have a suitable backup in case that person goes down (see Colts' 0-13). Also, I don't think Roman, or Harbaugh would relinquish playcalling duties like that regardless if it was Peyton, or not.
It's not on Smith's shoulders...the offensive line was bad again today...five sacks...seriously...they had Alex running like it was the Raven's game all over again...the problem was that they didn't give gore the ball enough in the second half to keep wearing down that Cardinal Defense. Goldson and Whitner are going to have nightmares tonight of Fitz going across the middle and plucking that damned ball out of the air. In any case, next couple of weeks are huge and I feel that everyone will be ready to play. The second seed is still there.
You guys are way too down on a 10-3 team. Today we lost a close game on the road against a hot team (5-1 in their last 6). The main culprits were a botched call by the refs and horrid Red Zone efficiency.

There are areas to improve, but we are by no means a weak team. We are every bit as good as 10-3 indicates. With a little more fire and better execution next week, I expect us to beat the Steelers and win out.
Share 49ersWebzone