LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

catchable balls

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lazy
  • Veteran
kinda disappointed with d walker not catching the across the body pass from smith. it looked it could've been a big gainer.ah well
[ Edited by lazy on Dec 11, 2011 at 8:33 PM ]
Sadly, Skelton threw some nice balls to Fitz where he could get it and make a play.

Our guy looked rattled, threw inaccurate passes and didn't make the play when it counted. Sounds about right. His true colors come out under duress.
i give up...it was nice while it lasted...
Seasons not over yet ladies and gentleman, bring on the steelers. We will be ready in our house.

Hopefully willis is healthy n ready to go.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Sadly, Skelton threw some nice balls to Fitz where he could get it and make a play.

Our guy looked rattled, threw inaccurate passes and didn't make the play when it counted. Sounds about right. His true colors come out under duress.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but I don't think it's entirely fair. There have been several games were Smith easily could have reverted to previous form, but he's managed to keep it together--even throughout all four quarters of the Baltimore Turkey Shoot. I'll give him that.

But there's no denying that he had a 2010 type game today. I'm still nervously waiting for the clock to strike midnight, but I don't think that happened today. Time will tell, I guess.

Just stop, please. He's been making the plays all season long. He's missed many opportunities, and readily admits it too. True colors, my ass!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I wanted a CB in the first and have been screaming for one for 2 years, I have changed my tune...I want a 6'3+ sure handed WR.

I want a QB who can face pressure and deliver a good pass to his WRs and can read a D

we already have that, we don't have more then 2 guys who can catch a ball

we keep blaming others.....
Originally posted by eastie:

Just stop, please. He's been making the plays all season long. He's missed many opportunities, and readily admits it too. True colors, my ass!

What? He didn't looked rattled to you, TODAY? And he didn't looked rattled to you against the Ravens? He looked rattled against Dallas and the Lions. Do you see the trend? Teams with ferocious front 7 effect his and the passing game.

Each of those games he made a stupid interception and didn't have a great game. He was able to pull it together in the Lions game with the assistance of his teammate, and as usual, ST and Defense. Today, he wasn't able to make the play when we needed it all game long.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM ]
Please tell me this is not going to turn into another Alex Smith thread for heavens sake the team as a whole made mistakes Alex had some bad throws, dropped passes, o-line couldnt protect, and omg John Skelton threw for almost 300 yards there is alot of blame to go around.
I wanted a CB in the first and have been screaming for one for 2 years, I have changed my tune...I want a 6'3+ sure handed WR.

I want a QB who can face pressure and deliver a good pass to his WRs and can read a D

Well hello there, how about taking a look at the 0:50 second mark of this clip. Is this what you were referring to?

Why do we take crabtree off of the field when in the redzone and put in Ginn? Ginn is a speed guy with crappy hands!
Originally posted by fly15:

we already have that, we don't have more then 2 guys who can catch a ball

we keep blaming others.....

go back into your room and finish Madden, you have to get up early tomorrow to catch your bus to school
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Manningham dropped an easy TD pass for the giants but Eli still got it done.

Point being every team in the league has dropped passes but good QBs find a way to get it done.
I still think its funny that no one notices that our receivers only get the ball when they are wide open. After the corner route to Ginn in the red zone, Alex stare right at Ginn running an out and didn't let it rip. Ginn was open.

The more we pass the worse we get but I still wonder why Alex has mainly thrown to only receivers open by a yard or more. People who watch the coaches film point out throws Alex does not attempt that would be completions by better QBs.
Want to catch my balls?
Share 49ersWebzone