LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

catchable balls

Shop Find 49ers gear online
can you guys imagine what smiths stats would look like if not for all the drops and big plays called back? what the hell happened tonight? ginn didnt even see s td pass overhead...another receiver did the same. just about the time we get a bomb it gets called back because a ref tripped and we had to redo the play. this is getting old. its all alex's fault though right? all the haters are really starting to wear on me.
I wanted a CB in the first and have been screaming for one for 2 years, I have changed my tune...I want a 6'3+ sure handed WR.
every pass alex throws is catchable. no excuse for any drops.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I wanted a CB in the first and have been screaming for one for 2 years, I have changed my tune...I want a 6'3+ sure handed WR.

I want a QB who can face pressure and deliver a good pass to his WRs and can read a D

Me too. I don't know why but I don't feel good about the corners that are projected to be available late in round 1. I'm still reeling from the Mike Rumph selection in 2002 lol.
We need wr's in the worst possible way.

I wanted a CB or WR in the 1st next year... now I am thinking OL. Nah, glad Williams is emerging and Morgan should be back but we could still use a Andre Johnson or Fitz (who couldn't?).

We have had a ton of drops this year and it pisses me off but the receivers have bailed out Smith a few times with high balls.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I want a QB who can face pressure and deliver a good pass to his WRs and can read a D

we already have that, we don't have more then 2 guys who can catch a ball
i want a winning team....oh wait

Originally posted by Gore_21:

I wanted a CB or WR in the 1st next year... now I am thinking OL. Nah, glad Williams is emerging and Morgan should be back but we could still use a Andre Johnson or Fitz (who couldn't?).

We have had a ton of drops this year and it pisses me off but the receivers have bailed out Smith a few times with high balls.

We have 2 WR's under contract as of now for 2012

You haven't seen these drops by these receivers?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

You haven't seen these drops by these receivers?

Sure have never said we couldn't use another good WR opposite Crabs. I simply said I want a QB.
We have 2 WR's under contract as of now for 2012

Sounds like we want Morgan back and I think he would have had a breakout year. Not sure if I would want him at 2 though. Him vs Kyle in the slot... ginn at 4 at best. Would you guys be happy with Crabtree, Morgan, Williams and Ginn? Then again if we use a 1st on a WR I would be fine with letting Morgan go. I still don't know... part of it's alex holding the ball/playcalling but the OL continues to struggle. Solari might be a good place to start. However, I still think we need a RG. Maybe Davis is the answer? Boone/Staley seem to be a wash if they played LT/RT. We could use a dominate LT though. I think half the problem is confusion though... not knowing who to block and maybe it's that the OL needs time to gel? Maybe we could use a T, RG or C?

Edit: either way will be fun to see who we keep/sign in free agency and to see who we get in the draft. We should be a better team next year with added help and an entire offseason.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM ]
we have guys who arent natural pass catchers, VD isnt, ginn isnt, braylon isnt walker drops balls, crabtree could be sure handed but has dropped some too, combine that with a qb who is hit or miss on accuracy and it leads to my coffee table taking a beating each sunday
Share 49ersWebzone