There are 203 users in the forums

Why is Braylon Edwards still starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
We need serious wide receivers that don't drop balls and are aware of the situation. We also need a tight end that will catch critical passes.

i think the team may try to trade vernon, save money to resign important players, and draft one in the draft.

I would love to get a tall, natural pass-catching TE to compliment Vernon. Trading Vernon would be a bizarre move to me. We have are 1st winning season in 9 years....why would we trade a proven Pro Bowl player for an unknown quantity? We are not rebuilding, we are ready to compete NOW. Hold on to as many good players as we can.
Keep this fool on the bench!
dude needs to use two hands to catch the ball. keep seeing him using one hand so he can be on the highlight reel.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
We need serious wide receivers that don't drop balls and are aware of the situation. We also need a tight end that will catch critical passes.

i think the team may try to trade vernon, save money to resign important players, and draft one in the draft.

it is possible----we will really see after this season how Harbaugh/Baalke want to continue building this team. I'd keep VD tough--and we need to draft a good 2nd TE who is more in the mold of a Gronkowski/ Graham type--real playmakers. But if it would bring in Peyton Manning or Luck---do it!
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerFanForever:
Braylon had a lot of WTF moments in Cle

Skelton isnt better then Smith but Fitz is making plays all day.....why isnt Edwards?

Because Alex throws the ball before the f'in wide receiver even turns around hitting him in the back?! Or throws the ball so high above Edwards, he can't catch the ball. If you can't see this as an issue... you don't know football.

Braylon needs to turn his head and look for the ball, if a rush is coming the ball is coming out faster. If you think Braylon has played fine then you need your eyes checked.

I know football plenty well

Agreed. When a QB hits a WR in the back, that is very often on the receiver. Receiver is supposed to read the hot route if that's what it is. But on that play, it looked liked a timing out route, and Braylon never paid attention.

That ball that hit him on the slant route exposed the terrible route Edwards ran. He should have driven on the DB to his outside shoulder and then cut across his face to get the ball. Instead, Edwards actually ran into the DB, got tangled up with him and by the time he got untangled, the ball hit him on the hip. If he had run the route correctly the ball would have been an easy catch.

The guy is just rusty. He needs reps.
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by THEB:
Alex smith throws a perfect pass, ball hits edwards right in the elbow as he doesnt even look for the ball

Blame alex

Alex scrambles almost 30 yards back to keep the GAME alive, throws a very catchable pass to hunter to keep the game alive, hunter drops it

Blam alex

Alex gets sacked 2 times in a row and 5 times on the night

Blame alex

Alex throws a perfect pass to VD and it gets dropped

Blame it on alex

The refs muff the fake field goal/challenge flag situation

Blame alex.

Carlos Rodgers completely blows his coverage

Blame alex

Mailman f**ks your girlfriend.

Blame Alex.

Well... that WOULD be Smith's fault
Not looking forward to Monday night football...gonna be brutal, the league has figured out this "power running" game.. THE worst Red Zone Offense in football.. groovy man..
cept Alex Smith historically rules the redzone.

Alex throws a perfect deep ball to Ginn who has beaten coverage and then doesnt know where a football would come from

Blame Alex

Alex throws a perfect fade to Ginn who gets 2 hands on it *albeit a difficult catch* and he drops it

Blame Alex

He's not perfect, but I still dont get why everyone wants to foot all the blame on Alex...

Ginn drop
Hunter drop
bad call to allow challenge by officals
defence allows 2 bombs to fitz and ducett for td's and another one to get them into red zone...
akers misses field goal

it was a tough game, we lost, everyone needs to get ready for monday and look at how the TEAM lost, not 1 player
Can't blame anyone for how terrible Edwards is for us.
Originally posted by SocalAgent0:
Alex throws a perfect deep ball to Ginn who has beaten coverage and then doesnt know where a football would come from

Blame Alex

Alex throws a perfect fade to Ginn who gets 2 hands on it *albeit a difficult catch* and he drops it

Blame Alex

He's not perfect, but I still dont get why everyone wants to foot all the blame on Alex...

Ginn drop
Hunter drop
bad call to allow challenge by officals
defence allows 2 bombs to fitz and ducett for td's and another one to get them into red zone...
akers misses field goal

it was a tough game, we lost, everyone needs to get ready for monday and look at how the TEAM lost, not 1 player

I just almost lost it when Grant whiffed that initial chance to take out a receiver on the way to the end zone. I don't know if that was the only time he let that happen, but he doesn't play with the ferocity Willis does. I"m sure he handles his assignment(s) properly, but when he tackled, it showed him letting the receiver get the best of him, deferring the tackling effort to the secondary. I know Grant isn't exactly the specimen Willis is, at least show more emotional content in those tackles, like he did steven jackson last weekend. I just think the DBs gambled a little much, too.
Originally posted by pigskin:
Can't blame anyone for how terrible Edwards is for us.

He's been killing me inside since his return.
Oh you mean Braylon Edwards and his ONE season of over 1000 yards?

Originally posted by NinerGold39:
He's been killing me inside since his return.

Just when we think the passing game is hitting its stride, then it meets a bump on the road named Braylon "not 100% healthy, but 100% jealous" Edwards.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Oh you mean Braylon Edwards and his ONE season of over 1000 yards?

yeah... he had 1 really good year and the rest has been pretty mediocre.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Heh, a contact of mine who happens to be a Browns fan warned me about Braylon earlier in the season..... boy were his words more prophetic than they've been since.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

Heh, a contact of mine who happens to be a Browns fan warned me about Braylon earlier in the season..... boy were his words more prophetic than they've been since.

Ive watched the browns since 2007, Edwards can be amazing or horrible...I was against the signing because of this reason.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

Ive watched the browns since 2007, Edwards can be amazing or horrible...I was against the signing because of this reason.

yup. He was the reason Anderson had the really great year in 07, and then he started playing like crap and Anderson got exposed.
Share 49ersWebzone