Why is Braylon Edwards still starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 8to80
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 8to80:
Originally posted by Kense:
Yeah and he is averaging less than 50 catches per year, which makes him a bust as far as being picked so high.

I'm not impressed and so s the rest of league considering he gets paid close to minimum wage.

By this logic Alex is a bigger bust.

I don't know, is Braylon even a starter?
Is Peyton Manning even a starter? Obviously yes, when he is healthy.

That is hilarious that you compare him to the greatest QB in the nfl

Lol

If morgan is healthy, Edwards is on the bench
You obviously missed my point: some players are not starters due to injury.

Regardless of what you believe to be true, when they were both healthy Morgan was on the bench and Edwards was starting.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Dec 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM ]
Yeah and he is averaging less than 50 catches per year, which makes him a bust as far as being picked so high.

I'm not impressed and so s the rest of league considering he gets paid close to minimum wage.

Lol

Regardless of what you believe to be true, when they were both healthy Morgan was on the bench and Edwards was starting.

That is hard to believe considering Morgan has been out since game 5 and still has more catches and yards than Edwards.

Edwards is garbage and we don't have to worry about giving him a big contract bc no one will in the NFL

How dare you say such a thing.

If it seems Alex messes up, you need to look harder for a reason. He never throws an inaccurate pass, the receivers just run the wrong routes all the time - or, in Crabtree's case, it's Crabtree's fault for being hurt in the offseason. Alex doesn't hold the ball too long, those bums on the offensive line just don't give him 10 seconds to find a wide open receiver he feels comfortable throwing to.

Look harder (and elsewhere), man!
Failin' Edwards
  • 8to80

Lol

That is hard to believe considering Morgan has been out since game 5 and still has more catches and yards than Edwards.

Edwards is garbage and we don't have to worry about giving him a big contract bc no one will in the NFL
Like I said, regardless of what you believe to be true, when they were both healthy Morgan was behind Edwards on the depth chart.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Alex smith throws a perfect pass, ball hits edwards right in the elbow as he doesnt even look for the ball

Blame alex

Alex scrambles almost 30 yards back to keep the GAME alive, throws a very catchable pass to hunter to keep the game alive, hunter drops it

Blam alex

Alex gets sacked 2 times in a row and 5 times on the night

Blame alex

Alex throws a perfect pass to VD and it gets dropped

Blame it on alex

The refs muff the fake field goal/challenge flag situation

Blame alex.

Carlos Rodgers completely blows his coverage

Blame alex
He hasn't shown anything other than maybe in the first game that he deserves to be a starter. In every game he's in the announcers make a point to comment on how "out of sync" he is. Not sure if its injuries or what's going on, but he's clearly not playing like the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd best receiver on this team right now.

Kyle Williams has been playing lights out at times, making unbelievable catches, yet he's not in the starting lineup, why he's not getting more targets is beyond me. Also confused about Ginn who has proven to be essentially useless as a wide receiver. He's great on special teams but hasn't shown much that he deserves a huge role on offense. Would love to see the 49ers give Kyle Williams more targets and then hopefully pick up a top receiver in the draft next year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM ]
Every time the ball goes his way it ends in failure. I don't want Williams losing PT for this guy. He is not the answer, he should be the 4th WR off the bench.
He needs to be a 3rd or 4th reciever for the rest of the year.
Kyle Williams saw more throws than him today

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Phoenix49ers.
Originally posted by King49er:
Kyle Williams saw more throws than him today

Except the passes that came Edwards way, he blew big-time, like that pass in the endzone, or the pass where he hadn't even turned around to catch the ball.
Braylon Edwards is the best WR in the history of the NFL

We should have picked him instead of Alex Smith
He's hurting this team.......More Kyle less Braylon please
Originally posted by THEB:
Alex smith throws a perfect pass, ball hits edwards right in the elbow as he doesnt even look for the ball

Blame alex

Alex scrambles almost 30 yards back to keep the GAME alive, throws a very catchable pass to hunter to keep the game alive, hunter drops it

Blam alex

Alex gets sacked 2 times in a row and 5 times on the night

Blame alex

Alex throws a perfect pass to VD and it gets dropped

Blame it on alex

The refs muff the fake field goal/challenge flag situation

Blame alex.

Carlos Rodgers completely blows his coverage

Blame alex

Mailman f**ks your girlfriend.

Blame Alex.
  • SFGem