There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levitt and Roman ASU head coach candidates?

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,627
Originally posted by sfout:
Roman said "I am strictly focused" on the 49ers. He's not going anywhere, I bet Leavitt goes to ASU though. Especially since Fangio is basically coaching the OLBs by himself so we'd probably have an easy time replacing him. All in all I'm glad for Leavitt if he leaves, he just can't be choking people out lol.
How is itC exactly that you know that "Fangio is basically coaching the OLBs by himself?

Can you cite the source for this information?
I would be surprised if we were able to keep Levitt for more than 2 years. He will get a solid college head coaching job very soon.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by sfout:
Roman said "I am strictly focused" on the 49ers. He's not going anywhere, I bet Leavitt goes to ASU though. Especially since Fangio is basically coaching the OLBs by himself so we'd probably have an easy time replacing him. All in all I'm glad for Leavitt if he leaves, he just can't be choking people out lol.
How is itC exactly that you know that "Fangio is basically coaching the OLBs by himself?

Can you cite the source for this information?

I read the same thing, can't remember where though...
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
Why didn't ASU hire June Jones? weird...
Originally posted by Paul:
Why didn't ASU hire June Jones? weird...

Because most ASU fans and boosters don't think much of him, plus he carries with him concern of NCAA rule violations.

I would rather hire anybody other than June Jones, I don't think he could win in a BCS conference. He is strictly a mid-major coach.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Roman, no (it's f**king impossible); Levitt is a strong possibility.

I hose so for Smitty's sake
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Roman, no (it's f**king impossible); Levitt is a strong possibility.

I hope so for Smitty's sake


this
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-12-14/todd-graham-pittsburgh-arizona-state/51918870/1

A person familiar with the decision says Pittsburgh coach Todd Graham is leaving the Panthers to take the same position at Arizona State.
They can have Roman.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Paul:
Why didn't ASU hire June Jones? weird...

Because most ASU fans and boosters don't think much of him, plus he carries with him concern of NCAA rule violations.

I would rather hire anybody other than June Jones, I don't think he could win in a BCS conference. He is strictly a mid-major coach.

He also had a "minor" sexual harassment claim filed against him at SMU a few years ago. Jones' agent brought this to ASU's attention late in the process and it turned them off. It checked out, but it gave ASU a bad vibe.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,207
Shouldn't this be locked now?
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami4m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Pittsburgh Trib-Review puts 49ers' Greg Roman on list of possible candidates at Pitt. Makes sense.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_772132.html

I hate the 'coach carousel' these days in the league. We don't see him leaving of course, but the possibility is there.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Seriously, if we lose Roman I am going to f**king lose my mind. How many times would Alex have to go through this. It would be like Turner all over again.

he'll be on a new team next year anyway, so it wont matter.
Harbaugh and the same system would still be here ...Alex would just be hearing a different voice sending him the play, this is why it was so important we hire an offensive minded coach, because if we had a defensive oriented coach, then we would have had to bring in another OC and another playbook, this is why the Nolan and Singletary teams couldnt get the offense going ...But next year our offense can hit the ground running
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Harbaugh and the same system would still be here ...Alex would just be hearing a different voice sending him the play, this is why it was so important we hire an offensive minded coach, because if we had a defensive oriented coach, then we would have had to bring in another OC and another playbook, this is why the Nolan and Singletary teams couldnt get the offense going ...But next year our offense can hit the ground running

Harbaugh calls in the plays