LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Boone extended

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Now let's lock-up Chilo . . .

Only if you mean for assult and battery on Gore and Alex.
Extended Boons.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
A league source told CSNBayArea.com on Thursday that the 49ers have presented contract proposals to several other players but each has turned down the organization's offer.

Among the players to whom the 49ers are believed to have offered new deals are outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks, guard Adam Snyder, linebacker Larry Grant and special-teamer C.J. Spillman.

Read more: 49ers extend Boone through 2014 Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I can understand Brooks, Snyder and Grant as they can try to up their value but Spillman? Come on, man! Just sign. You're a ST player!

While this may fit in the rumor category, it makes sense. The first three would start on some teams and would like to get paid. Brooks certainly would. So would Snyder and he has been kind of shoved around by the 49ers. I think he would want more stability. Grant is an unknown but had a nice game against the Rams.

Spillman can be replaced by a late round rookie with speed = a Colin Jones type who would be glad to just get the paycheck.

I want Brooks and Grant resigned but I wouldnt be upset if Snyder left. Gets overpowered too often for my liking. He's improved though but I think we can find a better guard via draft or FA
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 8, 2011 at 4:24 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I like this signing a lot. If the 49ers were to win the Super Bowl, it is exactly players like Boone that would leave for teams who can offer much more than the 49ers, since a backup on a SB team is good enough for a starter elsewhere. By locking him up now, we ensure that we can keep him regardless of how far we go into the playoffs.
Great news! I like this kid and he deserves it!
  • Ring6
  • Veteran
^ +1
Great news because with our offense and the jumbo packages a 3rd T is important. Wouldn't be surprised if he is starting at LT, RT or RG by the time his contract is up. Hopefully, more signings to come.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM ]
I approve
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
nice

Full terms are in, both NFL.com and Matt Maiocco are now correct, it is indeed thru 2015.

Boone (6-8, 300) is making $450,000 this season. Next year, he is scheduled to make $540,000 in base pay. In 2013, Boone will earn $950,000 ($540,000 of which is guaranteed) with up to $600,000 available in roster bonuses. In 2014, his base salary is $950,000 with $400,000 available in roster bonuses. And in the final year of his deal, Boone is scheduled to make $1.2 million in base salary with another $400,000 possible in roster bonuses. Boone can earn $50,000 in workout bonuses each season.Read more: 49ers extend Boone through 2015 Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Now let's lock-up Chilo . . .

Only if you mean for assult and battery on Gore and Alex.

• Chief
  • Veteran
A. Brooks and a few other players turned down new contacts.
good move
  • buck
  • Veteran
Boone has done very well for himself. Glad that he got rewarded.

And it is a good move for the team.
Originally posted by Garcia:
What do you think they have in store for him?

Just a backup?

It only takes one play for a backup to become a starter for the rest of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone