There are 148 users in the forums

In 22 years of watching football....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have never seen a team make a game sealing INT and fumbled it on the return. We continously find new and creative ways to lose...

Seattle - Overthrowing passes and jumping routes unnecesarily
Saints - Give up a game winning drive with 1 minute left. Blocked a kick through the uprights? Never seen that happen.

KC - Forget about covering screens.

ATL - an int return fumble for the loss? allowing them to drive down the field twice within a minute.

We really needed those 9 points that A.Smith left on the board with those horrific passes and intentional grounding.
Unfortunately, this stuff only happens to losing teams.

That's why people like Cowher and Parcells get paid huge bucks to reverse the "losing" mentality.

It's basically like having an exorcism.
It happened to SD vs. NE in the playoffs. That hurts way more.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
nothing is worse than the Roger Craig fumble. Just tryin' to put it in perspective.
Originally posted by highwayone:

That's why people like Cowher and Parcells get paid huge bucks to reverse the "losing" mentality.

Exactly! Singletary says that "he wants winners." I don't think he is a winner himself.

Edit: a winner as a coach.
[ Edited by YouGotGored on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I have never seen a team make a game sealing INT and fumbled it on the return. We continously find new and creative ways to lose...

Saints - Give up a game winning drive with 1 minute left. Blocked a kick through the uprights? Never seen that happen.

ATL - an int return fumble for the loss? allowing them to drive down the field twice within a minute.

We really needed those 9 points that A.Smith left on the board with those horrific passes and intentional grounding.

That was clearly a blown call by the refs. Gore was 5 yds from the ball. Replays proved that. So take it back. TAKE IT BACK!
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by highwayone:

Exactly! Singletary says that "he wants winners." I don't think he is a winner himself.

What did Parcells reverse in Dallas? And Mia? How many playoffs wins does Tuna have in the past decade? And Pit appears to be doing fine w/o Cowher so really maybe upper mgmt had more to do with the teams success.
It's so heartbreaking.. We could have won that game about five times. All we needed was one field goal on one of those drives where we turned it over and all Nate needed to do was fall down!!! And he's right by the sidelines but of course that ball stays in bounds. Just like the Saints game when Adams muffed the punt two inches away from the sideline and the ball miraculously for the saints stayed in bounds. That's two wins right there! We could be two and two and sitting in first looking good in such a bad division. I swear we have the worse luck! We must be cursed for some reason! We can still win this division though bc it's so bad, but all of this bad luck and these dumb mistakes must come to an end. I want nothing more than for the niners to just get it together and win the division and make the playoffs. I just want this team to get back to winning... man so depressed. We have so much damn talent on this team too! Let us pray and hope that we turn this thing around.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

That was clearly a blown call by the refs. Gore was 5 yds from the ball. Replays proved that. So take it back. TAKE IT BACK!

Its a judgement call. The refs thought he grounded it. We should of challenged if that was the case. That is a challengable call i believe.

he threw the game away?

Its a judgement call. The refs thought he grounded it. We should of challenged if that was the case. That is a challengable call i believe.

Penalties are not challengeable. And every call is a "judgement call". Thats a BS answer to a terrible call.
Originally posted by seeking6th:

he threw the game away?

Well if the score is 24-14, we would have won. ATL wasn't moving the ball until they went for a cheesy FG at the end.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Can we please stop with Clements' INT??? I mean, did White knock the ball out and roll into their endzone and recovered for a game winning TD or something???
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
It's so heartbreaking.. We could have won that game about five times. All we needed was one field goal on one of those drives where we turned it over and all Nate needed to do was fall down!!! And he's right by the sidelines but of course that ball stays in bounds. Just like the Saints game when Adams muffed the punt two inches away from the sideline and the ball miraculously for the saints stayed in bounds. That's two wins right there! We could be two and two and sitting in first looking good in such a bad division. I swear we have the worse luck! We must be cursed for some reason! We can still win this division though bc it's so bad, but all of this bad luck and these dumb mistakes must come to an end. I want nothing more than for the niners to just get it together and win the division and make the playoffs. I just want this team to get back to winning... man so depressed. We have so much damn talent on this team too! Let us pray and hope that we turn this thing around.

Agree

i'm not trying to about bad calls like seattle fans, but it seems we always have a couple of bad calls go our way. not only do we have to battle 11 guys on the field and the home crowd, but we also have the refs against us
[ Edited by seeking6th on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone