There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What (Realistic) expectation of yours hasn't been accomplished?

Originally posted by susweel:
Red zone offense seems to be getting worse not better. And still not 300 yard game for smith.

Redzone offense may be it, which is strange because Smith was very good at it the last few seasons.

I don't care too much about 300-yard games, as Smith has passed enough to keep the 49ers winning (with the exception of the recent game against the Ravens, but the failure was on every player and coach.)
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
For me:

- Dashon Goldson probowl selection. Dudes ballin this year and deserves a lot more credit then he gets.

- Alex Smith Comeback player of the year. 7 straight seasons of disappointment, along with getting booed off the field by his own teams fans and being compared to Aaron Rodgers (which is unfair IMO considering their NFL upbringings) The way hes responded and played this year.... hes a lock.

- JH Coach of the year. Dont know anyone that even comes close other than Mike McCarthy. But this team was being picked to finish in the bottom 5 during the pre-season, and Harbs has this team playing at an elite level. Only way I see him losing is if Bellichick wins again because the media cant get his sack out their mouths.

- Carlos Rogers probowl

- Clinch #2 seed

- Beat the Saints

- Beat the Packers

- SERIOUSLY BEAT THE F'IN PACKERS

- Win the superbowl.

knowing the nfl bias they will prob give the comeback award to plexico "cheddar bob" burress
I think Steve Smith will have a good chance. It should be Alex. He has been bashed for 6 years. Steve Smith is having a good year but it isn't making a difference on the team. My fear is that some Niners will get over looked for awards and pro bowl selections because we will be nominated for so many things.

-Alex for comeback player
-Harbaugh for Coach
-Trent for GM (if they even have an award for this)
-Aldon for DROY (maybe Von Miller)
-Willis is probably in the running for Defensive player (other years his stats look better but they normally give it to someone on a winning team or top defense)
My only expectation was to make the playoffs......so Im pretty set for this year.....everything from here on in is a bonus......WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US!!!!!
patrick willis completely decapitating someone. underachiever.
I wanna have sex with my 6th grade Math Teacher, she's now a foxy milf, and I want some of that.
Originally posted by susweel:
Red zone offense seems to be getting worse not better. And still not 300 yard game for smith.

Red zone is a problem with me too. Drop balls and stupid penalities are a problem. Not sure if 300 yards is important and if he does surpass that mark it could be because we are losing and playing catch up.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think all of my expectations have been met.

I already know Alex has some key limitations but he has actually met my expectations. Not exceeded, met.

The only part that has exceeded my expectations has been the head coach.

You really expected the defense to be this good?
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:

I already know Alex has some key limitations but he has actually met my expectations. Not exceeded, met.

Run defense, yes. Pass Rush, yes but I thought it would have been Brooks who was going to shine. I couldn't stand Nate as he could not read the ball at all. And a lot of our coverage mishaps were due to missing assignments more than anything.

I did not think we would have this many INT's.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:

Run defense, yes. Pass Rush, yes but I thought it would have been Brooks who was going to shine. I couldn't stand Nate as he could not read the ball at all. And a lot of our coverage mishaps were due to missing assignments more than anything.

I did not think we would have this many INT's.
Fair enough. I expected a very good run d, average-to-good rush, and a middling secondary. The same combo that we'd all grown accustomed to seeing. Secondary-wise though, Rogers, Goldson, Brown, and Culliver have all played far above the levels they've shown any other time in their careers IMO. (Culliver's level being the standard expectations for a mid-round rookie.)

If I'd thought that the D was gonna be this good, I would've dropped a lot more cash on the over for the 8 win o/u Vegas set out for the 2011 49ers.
Beat the f**king cowboys.... god damn it... PLEASE LET US SEE THEM ON THE PLAYOFFS PLEAAAAAAAAASE!!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I think they just play it safe in the redzone and take the easy 3 unless they can find a breakdown in matchups. Allowing Alex to take more chances would result in more td's but also INT's.

The 300's yards is something I wouldn't mind seeing more. He is winning and that's all that matter's to me, but for some reason if he doesn't throw for 300, he is only managing a game. The analysts see 274 or 293 and they say Alex is managing. If they see 300, they talk like a QB had a great game .
Imho I think it is a feel good statistic since it has no real relevance to winning or losing. Probably has more to do with fantasy football than real football. Kind of like losing one's virginity. Once you have done it, it really isn't that big a deal, just need to get it done, once.
[ Edited by Born49R on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 228niner:
knowing the nfl bias they will prob give the comeback award to plexico "cheddar bob" burress

Edwards putting up decent numbers. I would also like to include morgan too.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
My one concern is that we still don't have the pass rush that I would have hoped for. I suppose it is by fortune that the pass rush we currently dominate on is merely a 3 or 4 man set up. When we have needed to stop QBs I think we are 50/50 on them. Guess that is my only concern but its one I can certainly live with.
For the remainder of the year, my focus is on offensive and defensive schemes becoming more exotic with the running/passing game, improvements in pass blocking. more exotic blitz formations with all four LBers, moving them around, CB & S blitzes, playing more aggressive and dictating offenses, no more injuries and the rest will take care of itself.