There are 231 users in the forums

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

Originally posted by Joecool:
Those were the s**ts. But now we finally have a smarter and better coach than them. As good as the Packers are, they make more mistakes than we do.

It would be a helluva game. We can attack their defense. The passing game needs to get going though.

Championship game? Wait, what?

Originally posted by WINiner:
I just believe we match up the very worst against the Packers. Rodgers will kill us in the hurry up imo. Our weakness and their strength. That Rodgers is damn near Superman on the field.

Ok, we disagree. They are good, but so are we. (Personally, I suspect you are a bigger Packer fan than 49er fan.) I have seen enough from both to firmly believe that personnel wise we match up pretty well. That isn't where a game between SF and GB would be won or lost to me. I think the team that forces good play on all phases - offence, defense, and special teams would win. (We hold a clear advantage on ST.) And the coaching staff that prepares and schemes best would win. They can play hurry-up all they want, Rogers can throw for 400 yards, but the question still remains: will they be able to score on this defense? I think not! Since the loss to the Dallas we haven't given up more than 23 points in one game, and no theam has done it since. Even in our loss we only gave up 16. In fact, as the season progresses it has become progressively harder for teams to score on us. I think this coaching staff all around is really getting better at scheming around the strengths of an all around tallented squad, and even better at making teams play mistake free football. In other words, the Packers team are going to have to beat the 49ers team on all three phases, and all their coaching staff is going to have to out coach ours. Thats why I like our chances in a would-be game against the Packers. I don't think they have a better team than we do. I will give you the Packers are better offensively (though we are more versatile). Beyond that I see nowhere in a 2011 49ers/GB matchup that would make me believe that we'd lose. No one man will beat this 49ers team, not even the god (to some) Aaron Rogers.
This tread is pointless. We havent won are playoff game yet so lets not jinks ourselves.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So you're saying we are due for a win...

Exactly!
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
This tread is pointless. We havent won are playoff game yet so lets not jinks ourselves.

All theads are pointless unless there is advertising!
Ohio49ersFan, I agree. Take a look at my first post on this thread. But its hard for me to resist sometimes.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM ]
I never knew that packers get to go to the nfc championship automatically. They still have to play one more team before they get there and there is still a chance they can lose that one. We cant prepare to play them and face a different team. All this talk about that pack in nfc championship game is like just handing it to them. They could go undefeated and have there one and only bad game after their bye. Lame. Go Niners!!!!!
maybe we wont play the packers for the nfc championship. what if there is a deja vu where there packer lose to the cowboys and we face them for the nfc championship and then play the bengals in the super bowl?

remember the 1981 49ers ended their season 13-3, could the 2011 49ers end their season 13-3 too?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
As much as I'd like to play the Packers, I dunno if it'd be a good. thing. Not cuz they're that much better, but b/c the refs will hand them the games. If you watch Packers games i swear they get calls that NO ONE would get. I saw one against the Giants that was obviously not a TD get called a TD. We will get screwed by the refs the whole game.

Originally posted by mug0mug:
Even though I've had faith in the Niners to make the playoffs all year, they have really impressed me (the D in particular), but after seeing how good the Packers were performing, I have been looking at them as our primary obstacle since a few weeks into the season. After the first few wins, I couldn't help but recall what brought me to hate the Packers; losing to them in multiple NFC championship games. (I'll throw in here that my roommate, who thinks he has visions and s**t, told me before the regular season started that he dreamt of the Niners, and Alex in particular, making it to, but losing in, the NFC championship game.) I think we win.

Sorry, you can't get something like that wrong. This might have been covered in one of the other 5 pages of this thread, but I don't care.
95: Divisional loss at home
96: Divisional loss at GB
97: NFC Championship loss at home
98: Catch II
01: NFC Wild Card loss at GB

I can practically recite the scores of each of those games. How do you not remember the round, the date, s**t, the WEATHER OUTSIDE when we lost to tards?
[ Edited by Chrs0049 on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM ]
Nice jinx. Way to ruin the postseason.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I question your fanhood if you've never had to endure this full pain and your'e over 25 years old.

1/6/1996 Divisional Championship Game
Packers 27
49ers 17

10/14/1996 Regular Season
Packers 23 (OT)
49ers 20

1/4/1997 NFC Divisional Playoff Game
Packers 35
49ers 14

1/11/1998 NFC Championship Game
Packers 23
49ers 10

11/1/1998 Regular Season
Packers 36
49ers 22

1/3/1999 NFC Wild Card Game
Packers 27
49ers 30 The Catch II

11/29/1999 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 3

10/15/2000 Regular Season
Packers 31
49ers 28

1/13/2002 NFC Wildcard Game
Packers 25
49ers 15 (WE HAVE A NEW QB AND THEY STILL HAVE FAVRE)

12/15/2002 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 14

11/23/2003 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 10

12/10/2006 Regular Season
Packers 30
49ers 19 (why is Favre still here?)

11/22/2009 Regular Season (Rodgers)
Packers 30
49ers 24

12/5/2010 Regular Season (Rodgers again, now on his way to a Super Bowl)
Packers 34
49ers 16

I can't stand the Packers success and I witnessed all of these losses on TV!!!! Luckily I got to see T.O. make his greatest ever reception :)

I'm tired that we still haven't really gotten our revenge on them. We have disciplined the Rams, Giants, and Cowboys historically but the Packers have been a nuisance we have yet to overcome. Historically I wonder if these things matter down the road........on some level I can't help but think that it does even if players on both teams are brand new from those that played in the good ole days.

A lot of good points in this thread. I agree that the Packers are tough and pose problems but honestly I'm more concerned about if we have solved the Ravens and Steelers yet?? If we go to the big game I want to make sure we WIN IT like we always do!!!

Any given Sunday guys......I was living in NY when the Giants made their Superbowl 42 run and knocked off the Patriots. If that could happen to them, it could very well happen to us. Stop doubting so much.

SF just has to keep on keepin' on with their defense and just continue to improve offensively. There's probably a 1 in 15 chance that Rodgers throws for 6 TDs against us, and a 14 in 15 chance that he throws for 2 tops. :D
It's our turn to f**k them for 15 years. We'll win, book it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I just believe we match up the very worst against the Packers. Rodgers will kill us in the hurry up imo. Our weakness and their strength. That Rodgers is damn near Superman on the field.

Ok, we disagree. They are good, but so are we. (Personally, I suspect you are a bigger Packer fan than 49er fan.) I have seen enough from both to firmly believe that personnel wise we match up pretty well. That isn't where a game between SF and GB would be won or lost to me. I think the team that forces good play on all phases - offence, defense, and special teams would win. (We hold a clear advantage on ST.) And the coaching staff that prepares and schemes best would win. They can play hurry-up all they want, Rogers can throw for 400 yards, but the question still remains: will they be able to score on this defense? I think not! Since the loss to the Dallas we haven't given up more than 23 points in one game, and no theam has done it since. Even in our loss we only gave up 16. In fact, as the season progresses it has become progressively harder for teams to score on us. I think this coaching staff all around is really getting better at scheming around the strengths of an all around tallented squad, and even better at making teams play mistake free football. In other words, the Packers team are going to have to beat the 49ers team on all three phases, and all their coaching staff is going to have to out coach ours. Thats why I like our chances in a would-be game against the Packers. I don't think they have a better team than we do. I will give you the Packers are better offensively (though we are more versatile). Beyond that I see nowhere in a 2011 49ers/GB matchup that would make me believe that we'd lose. No one man will beat this 49ers team, not even the god (to some) Aaron Rogers.

Just cause im not an endless homer doesn't mean I dont live and breath Niners football.

Poke fun at my admiration of Rodgers all yah want. Fact remains he is showing efficiency this season that is blowing the doors off the record books. You say the Packers havn't played a D like ours, well our D hasn't played an O like theirs.

We get the Packers in SF I like our chances. We have to play them in January in Lambeau and I don't. Simple as that, no reason to get disrespectful calling people Packer fans and such...friken ewww. Gimme the GD willies just thinking about it.
Share 49ersWebzone