LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Any Given Sunday.....

UhhOHHHH "Steamin" Willie Beamen
Originally posted by Husker49er:
Revenge for '97. 9ers are going to go there and take it to the pack.

.........just '97?

I've said my piece about this in the past....

....but right now I refuse to talk about it on the grounds of it jinxing us. WAY, WAY too many things have to happen before this is even a possibility.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
We all know what is likely to come. The undefeated Packers host the 49ers in the NFC championship game. That is the best matchup this season can provide at this point; better than any possible Super Bowl matchup. What do you think will happen and who do think will win?

Even though I've had faith in the Niners to make the playoffs all year, they have really impressed me (the D in particular), but after seeing how good the Packers were performing, I have been looking at them as our primary obstacle since a few weeks into the season. After the first few wins, I couldn't help but recall what brought me to hate the Packers; losing to them in multiple NFC championship games. (I'll throw in here that my roommate, who thinks he has visions and s**t, told me before the regular season started that he dreamt of the Niners, and Alex in particular, making it to, but losing in, the NFC championship game.) I think we win.

How do you see the matchup? What will be the deciding factor? How does it play out? Who wins?

First worry about we beating the saints man...
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
We all know what is likely to come. The undefeated Packers host the 49ers in the NFC championship game. That is the best matchup this season can provide at this point; better than any possible Super Bowl matchup. What do you think will happen and who do think will win?

Even though I've had faith in the Niners to make the playoffs all year, they have really impressed me (the D in particular), but after seeing how good the Packers were performing, I have been looking at them as our primary obstacle since a few weeks into the season. After the first few wins, I couldn't help but recall what brought me to hate the Packers; losing to them in multiple NFC championship games. (I'll throw in here that my roommate, who thinks he has visions and s**t, told me before the regular season started that he dreamt of the Niners, and Alex in particular, making it to, but losing in, the NFC championship game.) I think we win.

How do you see the matchup? What will be the deciding factor? How does it play out? Who wins?

First worry about we beating the saints man...

Altho..........

........If the playoffs were to start today, the Falcons would go to NO in the first round. That would send Atlanta to Green Bay and possibly DALLAS to Candlestick.

WAY, WAY, to many things can happen here. I'm not predicting anything.
Originally posted by WINiner:
If the Niners have to play in GB in January they have a snowballs chance in hell of winning that game. The Packers have hands down the best home field advantage in the League come December.

The Packers don't care to establish the running game, so our defenses strength is of no concern to the Packers. Our weakness is their strength. Rogers is playing QB like none have seen. Our defense is good, but weak against the pass.

Also while their defense is average statistically speaking, they intercept the ball a LOT (leading the league as I type this and most the year).

The Niners had a cake walk of a situation playing the Ravens on Thanksgiving by way of comparison. The only way we advance to the SB imo is if we are able to get the 1st seed and with the Packers win over the Giants I just don't see that happening, assuming no major injuries of course.

We WILL have to pass and a LOT to keep up with the Packers, even them playing our stout defense. I have been impressed with Alex this year, but am not eager to press our luck with Alex chucking a frozen rock around Lambeau.

You posters with confidence in regard to facing the Packers haven't watched them play much this season. Anyone who has watched them a lot knows their team is just a muuuuch better team at this point. Aaron Rodgers is doing things we've not seen done.

Once again the Packers have a HoF QB who is going to single handedly rob the Niners out of a few more SB trophies. I just don;t see our, or any, defense that can stop that man playing the way he has this season.

Packers keep teams off balance because those teams overplay the pass. They throw in the run game at opportune moments which allows them to unbalance the opponent even more because most teams can't stuff the run and the pass with the same personnel. We can and that's why we have an advantage over most teams. Most teams pass defense personnell is not a very good run defense. Packer get the annoying jabs to the body with their runs which forces a defense to now try and do too much. We are able to stop both phases with the same personnel.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If the Niners have to play in GB in January they have a snowballs chance in hell of winning that game. The Packers have hands down the best home field advantage in the League come December.

The Packers don't care to establish the running game, so our defenses strength is of no concern to the Packers. Our weakness is their strength. Rogers is playing QB like none have seen. Our defense is good, but weak against the pass.

Also while their defense is average statistically speaking, they intercept the ball a LOT (leading the league as I type this and most the year).

The Niners had a cake walk of a situation playing the Ravens on Thanksgiving by way of comparison. The only way we advance to the SB imo is if we are able to get the 1st seed and with the Packers win over the Giants I just don't see that happening, assuming no major injuries of course.

We WILL have to pass and a LOT to keep up with the Packers, even them playing our stout defense. I have been impressed with Alex this year, but am not eager to press our luck with Alex chucking a frozen rock around Lambeau.

You posters with confidence in regard to facing the Packers haven't watched them play much this season. Anyone who has watched them a lot knows their team is just a muuuuch better team at this point. Aaron Rodgers is doing things we've not seen done.

Once again the Packers have a HoF QB who is going to single handedly rob the Niners out of a few more SB trophies. I just don;t see our, or any, defense that can stop that man playing the way he has this season.

Packers keep teams off balance because those teams overplay the pass. They throw in the run game at opportune moments which allows them to unbalance the opponent even more because most teams can't stuff the run and the pass with the same personnel. We can and that's why we have an advantage over most teams. Most teams pass defense personnell is not a very good run defense. Packer get the annoying jabs to the body with their runs which forces a defense to now try and do too much. We are able to stop both phases with the same personnel.

Yes. Niners can play the Nickel and still defend the run. They just pull Haralson for Aldon and sub a DB for Sopoaga. Willis and Bowman stay in.

You get a front of Brooks, McDonald, J. Smith and Aldon who can get there with 4 AND play the run and you still have both of your starting ILBs.

....but I have to stop talking about it.....jinx......
I question your fanhood if you've never had to endure this full pain and your'e over 25 years old.

1/6/1996 Divisional Championship Game
Packers 27
49ers 17

10/14/1996 Regular Season
Packers 23 (OT)
49ers 20

1/4/1997 NFC Divisional Playoff Game
Packers 35
49ers 14

1/11/1998 NFC Championship Game
Packers 23
49ers 10

11/1/1998 Regular Season
Packers 36
49ers 22

1/3/1999 NFC Wild Card Game
Packers 27
49ers 30 The Catch II

11/29/1999 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 3

10/15/2000 Regular Season
Packers 31
49ers 28

1/13/2002 NFC Wildcard Game
Packers 25
49ers 15 (WE HAVE A NEW QB AND THEY STILL HAVE FAVRE)

12/15/2002 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 14

11/23/2003 Regular Season
Packers 20
49ers 10

12/10/2006 Regular Season
Packers 30
49ers 19 (why is Favre still here?)

11/22/2009 Regular Season (Rodgers)
Packers 30
49ers 24

12/5/2010 Regular Season (Rodgers again, now on his way to a Super Bowl)
Packers 34
49ers 16
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

If we try to play Packer ball then we lose big. If we play 49ers football we will win. Look, we have a bend-but-don't-break style D. That mean we take away the big play (something GB lives on). That means we will give you the underneath because our LB's play the pass well. That means we don't have to rely on the blitz because our front gets decent preasure. All that translate into, yes, a lot of yardage against our secondary but little points against our D as a whole. There's a reason why our D ranks 1st in the NFL for fewest points allowed per game (13.4), 1st in total points allowed (161), 1st in the league for rush yards per game (71.8), 2nd in INT's (16), 1st in fumbles (12), 1st in total takeaways (28), 4th in the league for yards per game (303.4), and 4th in the league in total defense. There is a reason Carlos Rogers is 4th in the league with 5 INT's and Deshon Goldson if tied for 5th with 4. Our D wouldn't be so good if our pass D was as bad as people are making it to be. So the stats against our pass D is more of a trap for opposing teams than a weakness. GB has NOT played a REAL defense that will make the pay for being one dimensional like we will.

I think people are flat wrong when they say we will have to pass a lot to beat GB. Just like every other team thus far they are going to have to prove they can score on us, period. Its sad that people who call themselves fans have such little faith in the 49ers dispite what they have shown the world this season . The 49ers deserve better support than what they are getting from some. From what I've seen when we play OUR game we win. Every good team has it's catapult year and this is ours back to respectability . Keep in mind that before the Saints won the SB NOBODY thought they would do anything in the payoffs. I remember the Patriots stinking up the joint. There was a time when the Packers were just crap (remember Don Majkowski?). I just wish other so-called fans really look at this team for what it is THIS year and stop judging the 49ers by years past or what other teams have done against average defenses.

I just believe we match up the very worst against the Packers. Rodgers will kill us in the hurry up imo. Our weakness and their strength. That Rodgers is damn near Superman on the field.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Our combination of offense, defense and special teams is rated #1 in the NFL. GB's D is no where near as leathal as SFs. That said, it depends on the health of both teams. A key injury would really tip the balance. Not sure what I mean by key though...QB and ? Willis would be a big loss but Grant stepped in effectively Sunday. Rogers? He would be a big loss but Spencer has been sitting and getting healthy.

Really like the 9ers chances in GB more than in NO...don't like that stadium and they seldom lose at home. GB lost to Miami at home last year, only home loss in two years...not bad either, still!

This is true. I was just telling my dad this. ANY injury to GB's major players (Jennings, Mathews, Woodson, Finley, or their OL) especially Rodgers......dramatically changes our match-up. Their OL had issues last year, and look what Indy is without Manning. ONE key injury and we're going to the Superbowl.

ONE.

Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Our combination of offense, defense and special teams is rated #1 in the NFL. GB's D is no where near as leathal as SFs. That said, it depends on the health of both teams. A key injury would really tip the balance. Not sure what I mean by key though...QB and ? Willis would be a big loss but Grant stepped in effectively Sunday. Rogers? He would be a big loss but Spencer has been sitting and getting healthy.

Really like the 9ers chances in GB more than in NO...don't like that stadium and they seldom lose at home. GB lost to Miami at home last year, only home loss in two years...not bad either, still!

This is true. I was just telling my dad this. ANY injury to GB's major players (Jennings, Mathews, Woodson, Finley, or their OL) especially Rodgers......dramatically changes our match-up. Their OL had issues last year, and look what Indy is without Manning. ONE key injury and we're going to the Superbowl.

ONE.

diddnt woodson get hurt?
We lose
the packers always get the calls by the refs....kinda like the patriots in 2007. It would be tough to beat the refs AND the packers.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I question your fanhood if you've never had to endure this full pain and your'e over 25 years old.

Packers 27
49ers 17

Packers 23 (OT)
49ers 20

Packers 35
49ers 14

Packers 23
49ers 10

11/1/1998 Regular Season
Packers 36
49ers 22

Packers 27
49ers 30 The Catch II

Packers 20
49ers 3

Packers 31
49ers 28

Packers 25

Packers 20
49ers 14

Packers 20
49ers 10

Packers 30

Packers 30
49ers 24

Packers 34
49ers 16

So you're saying we are due for a win...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Packers 27
49ers 17

Packers 23 (OT)
49ers 20

Packers 35
49ers 14

Packers 23
49ers 10

11/1/1998 Regular Season
Packers 36
49ers 22

Packers 27
49ers 30 The Catch II

Packers 20
49ers 3

Packers 31
49ers 28

Packers 25

Packers 20
49ers 14

Packers 20
49ers 10

Packers 30

Packers 30
49ers 24

Packers 34
49ers 16

So you're saying we are due for a win...

Those were the s**ts. But now we finally have a smarter and better coach than them. As good as the Packers are, they make more mistakes than we do.
Share 49ersWebzone