There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

Niners vs Packers (in Lambeau for the NFC championship)

We all know what is likely to come. The undefeated Packers host the 49ers in the NFC championship game. That is the best matchup this season can provide at this point; better than any possible Super Bowl matchup. What do you think will happen and who do think will win?

Even though I've had faith in the Niners to make the playoffs all year, they have really impressed me (the D in particular), but after seeing how good the Packers were performing, I have been looking at them as our primary obstacle since a few weeks into the season. After the first few wins, I couldn't help but recall what brought me to hate the Packers; losing to them in multiple NFC championship games. (I'll throw in here that my roommate, who thinks he has visions and s**t, told me before the regular season started that he dreamt of the Niners, and Alex in particular, making it to, but losing in, the NFC championship game.) I think we win.

How do you see the matchup? What will be the deciding factor? How does it play out? Who wins?
[ Edited by mug0mug on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:47 AM ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:
We all know what is likely to come. The undefeated Packers hosting the 49ers in the NFC championship game. That is the best and biggest game and matchup this season can provide at this point; better than any possible Super Bowl matchup. What do you think will happen and who do think will win?

I've had faith in the Niners to make the playoffs all year and after seeing how good the Packers were playing, have been looking at them as our obstacle since a few weeks into the season. After the first few wins, I couldn't help but recall and relate what brought me to hate the Packers; losing in multiple NFC championship games. (I'll throw in here that my roommate, who thinks he has visions and s**t, said before the regular season started that he dreamt of the Niners, and Alex in particular, making it to, but losing in, the NFC championship game.) I think we win.

How do you see the matchup? What will be the deciding factors? How does it play out? Who wins?

if they face the lions there is a good chance tehy will lose

the packers only took off and started scoring and moving the ball ater suh got ejected ( i actually expect lions to beat them)

as for your question if 49ers face the packers if we pressure rodgers we will win otherwise we dont stand a chance

our offense can put up 30 to 40 points a game when need be

we do a great job moving te ball up the field (we dont punt the ball much at all)

but we have to turn those FG into TDs
We gotta hope for freezing freezing weather. I think we have the exact formula to win against GB. We just need help slowing down their air attack. If the weather forces teams to run, we win in a landslide.
it will take a perfect defensive game/game plan by the D and an excellent day from the OL and Alex Smith to beat them. They have the luxury of screwing up a few times because of their potent offense.
Our combination of offense, defense and special teams is rated #1 in the NFL. GB's D is no where near as leathal as SFs. That said, it depends on the health of both teams. A key injury would really tip the balance. Not sure what I mean by key though...QB and ? Willis would be a big loss but Grant stepped in effectively Sunday. Rogers? He would be a big loss but Spencer has been sitting and getting healthy.

Really like the 9ers chances in GB more than in NO...don't like that stadium and they seldom lose at home. GB lost to Miami at home last year, only home loss in two years...not bad either, still!
Can't wait I'll be there, playoff tickets are paid for. GB season ticket holder but die hard niner fan. Hope it turns out better then the last couple years.
I really like our defense, the best in the NFL, against the Packers. If we can get the passing game going. We can beat the Packers' defense.
Originally posted by gbniner:
Can't wait I'll be there, playoff tickets are paid for. GB season ticket holder but die hard Packers fan. Hope it turns out better then the last couple years.

Wut!! That sh*t ain't right. Fixed
We are good enough to beat them if it comes to it.
For the 49ers to win this game, they have got to play perfect in the trenches in front of a Cover 2 Man Under shell. Take away Rodgers' deep seam, deep post and deep crossing routes. Force him to challenge our LBs underneath. If we can stay patient, take away the deep ball and apply steady pressure we can contain the GB offense. If they spread with 3 or 4 wideouts, we present a unique problem: our best defenders (Willis, Bowman, McDonald, J. Smith and A. Smith) are still on the field in our "sub" packages...unlike any defense in the league. This will make it difficult for them to play "chuck n' duck" football all day. Additionally, their defense is PAINFULLY average. I am not concerned about our ability to score on these guys. I think this is a winnable game for us. Not easy, but if the Niners play their best football, definitely winnable.
I very much like our chances against the Packers. I think their O will play right into the hands our D as they will come into the game one dimensional. They dam near embrace being one dimensional and our D will make them pay for it. They won't score a lot of points on us for sure. And if its close (and I think it would be) our ST could be the difference. They are so much of an offense driven team that a well balanced team like the 9ers should beat them. We consistently beat teams in all three phases. They just win by scoring a boatload of points. (The same goes for the Saints.) Our D will hold them long enough for our O to score enough point to win.

HOWEVER!!, lets not get ahead of ourselves . Lets focus on the Cardinals and the rest of the teams currently on our plate and pray that we stay healthy to play GB. I know we just got our well earned division title back where it belongs. But we have a lot of work to do before we get to the NFC title game. We need to win out to ensure at least our #2 seed. We can't take lightly no one left on our schedule. We still have the hated Cards, a hard Steelers team looking to keep pace with the Ravens, a pissed off humiliated Rams team again, and the 12th Man Seahawks team who no doubt will be looking to play spoilers. And provided we take care of business (like think we will) we are likely going to have to contend with either the Cowgirls or the Saints in the 2nd round. So we have A LOT to negotiate before the Packers.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:37 AM ]
These Jinx threads need to stop.
Originally posted by Joecool:
These Jinx threads need to stop.

hypothetical. As fans, there is no problem with discussing this crap. Now if the players were, then there might be an issue. Because getting by whoever we play in the first game is NOT going to be easy. The saints can come in and blow us out.
i hope aldon smith get in beast mode and beat every linemen in he playoff.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
For the 49ers to win this game, they have got to play perfect in the trenches in front of a Cover 2 Man Under shell. Take away Rodgers' deep seam, deep post and deep crossing routes. Force him to challenge our LBs underneath. If we can stay patient, take away the deep ball and apply steady pressure we can contain the GB offense. If they spread with 3 or 4 wideouts, we present a unique problem: our best defenders (Willis, Bowman, McDonald, J. Smith and A. Smith) are still on the field in our "sub" packages...unlike any defense in the league. This will make it difficult for them to play "chuck n' duck" football all day. Additionally, their defense is PAINFULLY average. I am not concerned about our ability to score on these guys. I think this is a winnable game for us. Not easy, but if the Niners play their best football, definitely winnable.

You hit the nail on the head. Thats why I say that, if we play them, they will play right into the scheme of our D. A. Rodgers may throw our D a few because they are not a dink-&-dunk offense. They rely on the big play, and Rodgers will gamble for to get it. We are a bend-but-don't-break D, so we have a patient D by nature (so that passing yards stat against our secondary is a mirage).
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM ]