LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

which niner offense was better, the 89 or 94 offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Joe Montana.

Nuff said.

89 team!
Random memory flash . . . Monday Night Football, November 20, 1995 at Miami:

It was the week after we stunned Dallas in Dallas. Elvis Grbac was in the zone going 31-41 for 382 yards and 4 TD's. 44-20 Final.

The most memorable part for me was when we opened the game on defense and made Marino and the Phins go three & out after opening the game with three straight sacks. I remember after the third sack the ABC cameras flashing to Pete Carroll in the coaches booth smiling like the cat that ate the canary.

Awesome Awesome game !!!!
  • Sman
the 84 offense
As a long time 49er fan , 89 ' vs 94' poses a tough question. You
can't help but feel either team was not just a champ , but Dominant!
I bet a guy $100 and gave him the 23pt. Spread in 94.' I live in S.D and he is a die hard Charger fan but he would not take bet unless I gave him spread! That' s how confident I was we would Dominate, and he must have known too just praying to cover spread!lol. Still, I knew the 89' machine would steamroll the pansy Broncos too. Absolute machines either way. Hence the 5-0 S.B record. Just praise the value of the Goldrush either way boys. Your talking about two HOF QB's! Question is , are we talking about that now?? Another thread, right?
89 without question
Originally posted by Ninergoldrush:
As a long time 49er fan , 89 ' vs 94' poses a tough question. You
can't help but feel either team was not just a champ , but Dominant!
I bet a guy $100 and gave him the 23pt. Spread in 94.' I live in S.D and he is a die hard Charger fan but he would not take bet unless I gave him spread! That' s how confident I was we would Dominate, and he must have known too just praying to cover spread!lol. Still, I knew the 89' machine would steamroll the pansy Broncos too. Absolute machines either way. Hence the 5-0 S.B record. Just praise the value of the Goldrush either way boys. Your talking about two HOF QB's! Question is , are we talking about that now?? Another thread, right?

To know, as I'm sure a lot of us did, that the Joe Montana-led 49ers would steamroll the John Elway, No. 1 Defense Denver Broncos to the tune of 55-10 is the key. We beat the Chargers in '94 ... Not quite as impressive and we had to load up on defense (Sanders, Ken Norton) to do it. '94 was a great year, but '89 was the crowing accomplishment of the greatest QB of all time.
Share 49ersWebzone