LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

After 9 years of losing..And now division champs.. Still no love..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know what Harbaugh said that he doesn't want any attention from the media on our success this year.. But it really irks me that even after 9 long hurtful years of losing, being the laughing stock of the NFL, we still get no love from espn or nfl network about us winning the West for the first time since 2002.. I woke up earily this morning hope to catch a discussion on The Herd or First Take or even Sportscenter, but as expected.. NOTHING! All they want to talk about is how the Cowgirls lost to the crappy Cards and Tebow barley winning against the crappy Vikings and the Pack winning a close against the Giants... I mean just for the fact, that we were once a proud franchise that won countless Superbowls and have some of the greatest players to ever play the position period they still wanna give us no love? What is it going to take for us to be recognized as one of the elite teams in the league right now? We have the 2nd best record in the league and you can say all you want about our division but we have only played 3 games within the division thus far.. We are 4-1 on the road, 6-1 at home! What else do we have to do? Who else do we have to beat? We have done the unthinkable this year, being 10-2. The 49ers have exceeded everyone expectations and then some.. But you have Colan Cowheard (what ever his name is) saying how good the Cards defense is and how there one of the better teams not to make playoffs? Are you kidding me? Just cuz they beat the Cowgirls? Give me a break.. I guess we have to ride into Green Bay and beat them for the NFC championship, then they will have no other reason but to talk about us.. Am i lying?
If this was the Cowboys ending a 9 year playoff drought the media would be sucking their dicks right now.
so if you expected to hear nothing about the niners on those shows then why wake up early?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If this was the Cowboys ending a 9 year playoff drought the media would be sucking their dicks right now.

I heard that.. They lose and they still get slurped on.. Sick of it..
yep sucks but when we win our first playoff game (hope its the saints or cowboys) and head into greenbay, then we gonna be buzzin
f**k the media
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiversideNine84:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I heard that.. They lose and they still get slurped on.. Sick of it..

Oh there is going to be some god damn recognizing going on when stomp through the playoffs

I'm with you partner; this is bullsh*^! I swear we never get the airplay we deserve I've noticed after lopsided victories we've had this year even against good teams. We won't make sportscenter at all! I've talked to fellow Niner friends of mine from the early 20's to late 60's. And everyone is parallel in the same concensus that the exucutives, commentator's and producer's. All hate the 49ers do to there Roman dynasty like power over the course of 25years! If you think about how much we dominated Chris Colisworth and his bengals striping him of 2 Super Bowls. That fat f#$%from Nfl network Jamie we destroyed his falcons twice a year every year. Tom Jackson hates the 49ers!!! He loathes them. He can't go one night or day dream, escaping the horror of Super Bowl XXIV when we sacked the broncos worse than The natzi's blitzed through Poland. So all in all 49er haters
Believe it. ...and this is the way Harbaugh wants it.

Man, this thread again. I'll never get why people get so worked up about not "getting love" from the media. Me personally, I'm just happy and grateful this team is winning and going to the playoffs. All I care about is wins. All that media stuff that people think is so important will work itself out. I really don't care about who writes or doesn't write about us, east or west coast. It's all about wins!

And while I think this team is built for a long-run of success, we all know nothing is guaranteed, so we should be a little bit humble here. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for now...
Originally posted by mickey49:
Man, this thread again. I'll never get why people get so worked up about not "getting love" from the media. Me personally, I'm just happy and grateful this team is winning and going to the playoffs. All I care about is wins. All that media stuff that people think is so important will work itself out. I really don't care about who writes or doesn't write about us, east or west coast. It's all about wins!

And while I think this team is built for a long-run of success, we all know nothing is guaranteed, so we should be a little bit humble here. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for now...

ya exactly, i actually prefer the spot we're in, i'm a detroit pistons fan and us being underrated in the 2004 nba finals was awesome for me, i knew we were good and didnt need the media to validate that, we beat the lakers 4-1 with shaq/kobe/payton/malone/fisher
Originally posted by mickey49:

Like Dingleberry said "Can't do it" I watch espn cuz i love sports.. But i love my Niners even more. And i can't let it slide no more. Winning is winning, but recognition and winning is even better, just for the basic fact that when we were down in the gutter people loved to kick us while we were down.. That happens no more...
  • fryet
  • Veteran
We did not get much attention for the following reasons:

1. We beat the Rams.
2. Everyone has already given us credit for winning the West weeks ago.

Please let go of the Rodney Dangerfield act.
A solid victory over the Steelers with a national audience would go a long way to shedding the old perceptions . . . then again we'd probably hear more about how old and washed-up the Steelers are.
Share 49ersWebzone