There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

On offense that s**t needs to stop. Go look up Joe Staley's twitter and see what he said about it. And CJ Spillman as well. Drunk, idiot bandwagon fans have to be the soul cause for this. we need to do that stuff when our defense is on the field, not offense.......
It almost felt like i was at a game in LA. I've never seen so many beach balls going around the stadium and then the wave started. I was totally against the wave, but it was all in fun. The game was out of reach and the game was actually getting boring.
i was wondering y it was so loud when they wer on offense, They just need to tone it down a bit when the niners are on offense, we dont want a home game to feel like an away game. Alot bandwagon fans are coming back so its to be expected
Not a fan of the wave (definitely did not participate) but I had to admit the one going on yesterday was impressive. A section had been trying to get one going for almost a quarter. And finally they got one to go a complete circle. Then during a timeout they started another one and it kept going. It lasted damn near the whole drive. And everytime it made a loop people would get louder.

Normally it would be annoying but the atmosphere at the stick was pretty cool. Everyone was happy. We were up 19-0 at that point and had clinched the NFC west for the first time in 10 years. So I don't care if people want to get the wave going. And judging by everyone else participating in the wave, nobody else cared either. And if it bugs Staley so much, oh well. Not like he doesn't false start enough as it is.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Not a fan of the wave (definitely did not participate) but I had to admit the one going on yesterday was impressive. A section had been trying to get one going for almost a quarter. And finally they got one to go a complete circle. Then during a timeout they started another one and it kept going. It lasted damn near the whole drive. And everytime it made a loop people would get louder.

Normally it would be annoying but the atmosphere at the stick was pretty cool. Everyone was happy. We were up 19-0 at that point and had clinched the NFC west for the first time in 10 years. So I don't care if people want to get the wave going. And judging by everyone else participating in the wave, nobody else cared either. And if it bugs Staley so much, oh well. Not like he doesn't false start enough as it is.

Agree 100% and with everyone else who was there, like me, and thought the wave was cool.

I've lost all respect for Joe Staley. He's the same guy who complained the week we lost to Dallas that it "felt like an away game." He's ALWAYS complaining about the fans. He should concentrate on his game and stop being a hypocrite, making stupid videos like "The Joe Staley Show" and then dumping gatorade on Harbs after beating the Rams? How original of him. And here he is complaining about the fans and the wave. I hope we trade his ***.
our fans are so dumb

they are causing delay of game penalties

also staley said that they couldnt hear alex at all and that led to a sack---he actually did blame the fans
Originally posted by boqi:
Agree 100% and with everyone else who was there, like me, and thought the wave was cool.

I've lost all respect for Joe Staley. He's the same guy who complained the week we lost to Dallas that it "felt like an away game." He's ALWAYS complaining about the fans. He should concentrate on his game and stop being a hypocrite, making stupid videos like "The Joe Staley Show" and then dumping gatorade on Harbs after beating the Rams? How original of him. And here he is complaining about the fans and the wave. I hope we trade his ***.

To be fair, Joe Staley said he loves the wave and does the wave himself and has even started waves at games when he was younger. He just didn't like the wave/noise going on while they were on offense.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
our fans are so dumb

also staley said that they couldnt hear alex at all and that led to a sack---he actually did blame the fans

Oh yeah, because we are the ones snapping the ball and protecting the quarterback. As the political denizens on Yahoo forums say, "You and Staley must be Democrats."
Love the wave. Hate the Drake.
Originally posted by boqi:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
our fans are so dumb

Oh yeah, because we are the ones snapping the ball and protecting the quarterback. As the political denizens on Yahoo forums say, "You and Staley must be Democrats."

Can we trade you? Seriously it is home field advantage 101. Shut up when the offense is on the field. If noise shouldn't be a factor then why does Seattle fans call themselves the 12th man.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Must be due to the high immigrant fanbase in the Bay Area.

"Ret's go PortyNiners, Ret's Go!"

Prank Gore por Most Baluable Flayer!
Lol
We have a fight going on here between the TV fans and the stadium "wave-loving" fans.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Prank Gore por Most Baluable Flayer!

I believe that's a filipino accent.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Can we trade you? Seriously it is home field advantage 101. Shut up when the offense is on the field. If noise shouldn't be a factor then why does Seattle fans call themselves the 12th man.

I agree that offense we need to be quiet and on defense we need to be loud. But as even CJ Spillman said, that starts with better stadium signage and screens.

But seriously, regarding the wave thing, it likely started when we were on defense and didn't catch on until we were on offense. And once those things start, it's hard to stop.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Lol
We have a fight going on here between the TV fans and the stadium "wave-loving" fans.

The Wave = invented in Oakland...made popular in LA = has no place in San Francisco-- and soon Santa Clara

/argument
i agree that the noise level is way too loud on offense, but the wave?? seriously? if you wanna participate then do it, if not then don't. big fuggin deal.