There are 238 users in the forums

49er Fans, our offense and the wave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Must be due to the high immigrant fanbase in the Bay Area.

"Ret's go PortyNiners, Ret's Go!"

That's just wrong...even though I did chuckle lol
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
The stadium fans should have been chanting "Alex, Alex, Alex!" after he was taken out. Give the guy his props for turning it around.

Yeah, watching on TV seeing the fans doing that "wave" thing was embarrasing.

C'mon, really??

All I can say is that the fans better do it one of these days. I was never an Alex supporter, but I would be so pissed if the fans never give Alex his respect. He did an outstanding job yesterday and played well so far this season. I really hope one day someone will have a big sign that would be a short and sweet apology letter.
Honestly. The Wave was really f**king dope.
Yeah we were on offense, but that was by far the best wave i have ever been a part of.
Executed to perfection, and we had it going around about 7 times.
It was great.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think our jumbo tron operator needs to get with it. They need to show "Quiet Please, let the offense communicate" notifications on the jumbo tron.

they really do need to start doing this. But I think the jumbo tron operator is just as clueless as most of the fans.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
I personally like the ol' candlestick wave. I don't see anywhere else these days except in SF.

That's because it is quite gay

just like this dancing banana but its still kinda cool...
Nice wave... But please not at the stick, especially when we're on offense....
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Yeah we were on offense, but that was by far the best wave i have ever been a part of.
It was great.

i know when i was a kid going to the game i liked it a lot
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It was great.

I think we had a good one going in London... I remember taking part in one but I dont remember it being at the stick so it must have been there.

I dont really care about it except its kind of distracting for the fans who are actually watching the game and its distracting to the offense. The fans can do what they want, they just need to know when its appropriate.
what's wrong with the wave? its silly and fun.

are you guys those old curmudgeon's at the 'Stick that don't like it when people stand?

i do agree though that noise when the offense on the field is retarded.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It was great.

The wave was gay.

It was great.

I was at the game. The wave didnt kick up to the very end, and you know what? it was fun as f**k. I will agree though that it was distracting. I didnt even realize what was going on on the field because I was waiting for it to come around. We were up 26-0 at that point though. The environment in the stadium was of pure joy. We were going to the play offs. We got to experience it live. 10 years down the line, I can say that I was part of the game that the Niners clinched it after many years of being bad. I saw Frank Gore become the leading rusher in franchise history. It was awesome and it was fun. I have no regrets.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
It was great.

I was at the game. The wave didnt kick up to the very end, and you know what? it was fun as f**k. I will agree though that it was distracting. I didnt even realize what was going on on the field because I was waiting for it to come around. We were up 26-0 at that point though. The environment in the stadium was of pure joy. We were going to the play offs. We got to experience it live. 10 years down the line, I can say that I was part of the game that the Niners clinched it after many years of being bad. I saw Frank Gore become the leading rusher in franchise history. It was awesome and it was fun. I have no regrets.

That traveling 49er team reporter mentioned that when they visited Indy a few years back, the crowd controlled themselves with tremendous discipline. When Peyton was at work they were dead silent, roared when big plays were made and quickly got quiet again when they were lining up to run the next play almost like they were at a tennis match.

He said it was eerie how consistent they were with this.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The wave is a BASEBALL thing because there's lots of downtime. It has no place in any FOOTBALL stadium.

Pathetic.
This
  • boqi
  • Veteran
I was at this game. I thought the wave was awesome.

1. We were up 26-0.
2. Do you know how long it takes to get the wave started? Most likely a section organized it while the Niners were on defense, but it didn't get going until the ball changed possession.
3. Real fans don't do the wave? Give me a break. Last time I checked it took more energy to get off your *** and throw your hands in the air than it does to sit there like an old curmudgeon.

Again, 26-0 at the time. We were bored...duh. The team/fans should be happy we did the wave. Would you rather have us biting our nails in a close game? Or sit there in a blow out staring at our iPhones?
Share 49ersWebzone