LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

THE EVOLUTION OF CRABS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Crabtree is awkward publicly, shy, and it is almost painful to watch him interviewed. This has hurt his public persona but he is trying and I give him credit. Public speaking scares the heck out of most people.
1000 times better than some arrogant divas who like to hear themselves speaking...
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
The question of the day .... Did Josh Morgans injury force the chemistry between Crabs and Alex? Or is it just part of a natural process that just took time?

I think a lot of how well our receivers are playing, Crabtree especially, comes down to coaching. Has anyone considered that since Jerry Sullivan is no longer the WR coach that it seems our WRs are playing better and more disciplined?
Yes, it doesn't seem like it's a coincidence that the first season Suckivan is gone that our receivers start contributing to our team. Well, make that Suckivan and Singlebraincell. Under Suckivan, Kyle Williams would have never gotten any reps or on the field. Before he achieved success as a returner, Ted Ginn probably would've been cut after last season, kinda like how Ashley Lelie and Brandon Jones were dumped. He may have been a good technician and teacher, but he was a horrible judge of talent. Taylor Jacobs? Bryan Gilmore?
Crabs is starting to find his groove ...Kyle Williams is becoming a factor ....Ginn found a pair of hands to catch the ball

All we need now is to get Braylon involved and our offense will have the weapons to light up the scoreboard
Originally posted by NYS49er:
Anybody remember jerry rice and john taylor.........no not putting them on that level but lately the quick slant has been deadly for us crabs just gotta consistantly catch it but boy did williams give me a brief flash back 9ers all day

Same here....... been a long time since I've seen a 9er WR catch and run it to the house........

Crabtree is playing great and I hope he and the rest of the receivers continue to improve.
Seems as though he favored Troy Smith previously, seeing as though MC was Troy's Mr. Go-to Guy.

As opposed to Alex, who was mainly focused on VD and didn't quite have the same bond with MC.

Now, it's obvious that MC has realized Alex trusts all his players, and is more than willing to cooperate. All the sideline chit-chat and on-field successes/failures, I think have made these two a serious threat against defenses. Not to mention Kyle stepping into his own (literally at about 1000 steps per second) showcasing he too can be a threat if we don't go to Crabs. Same with Ginn, who's found a nice pair of mitts but might need some bigger ones.

I'm liking MC's contribution in becoming our go-to guy if VD isn't, he's playing outstanding and is willing to catch the ball from Heaven every play if he has to.

Go Ninnaaass
This was the first game since Morgan was injured that I believe the 9ers may have enough talent at WR. Would still like to see Ginn concentrate on returns but with Williams in the game to help stretch the field and Crabtree being so effective they may make it possible to concentrate high draft picks elsewhere next offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone