LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

THE EVOLUTION OF CRABS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I never understood the hate for crabs he's a baller! My favorite niner

Maybe its because he sat out the first 4 games of his rookie season because he wanted more money. Your favorite niner is someone who thinks that he deserves more money without ever playing a snap in the NFL? He was drated #10 overall. He has dropped a lot of passes.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
LOL, i grilled Crabtree last year when he tipped what seemed like 6 INTs and seemed, but since the preseason and all year I have been pimpin' him HARD! This guy's evolution as a team player has been REMARKABLE and I think a TON of credit goes to Jim Harbaugh for knowing how to deal with players egos. Before this season Alex and Crabs definitely had an issue, whether they admit it or not, but now Alex looks Crabs way just about whenever we need a big play.

I am SO EXCITED about this kid!

GO NINERS!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Is it any surprise that he's lighting it up now. Most receivers are expected to truly "break out" when they enter their third season. Well -- guess how many games Crabtree had played right before he really turned it on this year?

Next year is going to be special for MC.

This. Not to mention, he is a great fit in WCO and will only get better in this offense.
The question of the day .... Did Josh Morgans injury force the chemistry between Crabs and Alex? Or is it just part of a natural process that just took time?
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
The question of the day .... Did Josh Morgans injury force the chemistry between Crabs and Alex? Or is it just part of a natural process that just took time?

I think time needed without TC. Especially on those deep vertical throws, where Smith has to anticipate more of where Crabtree is going to end up. On the shorter passes not so much once Crabtree makes his break.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I think time needed without TC. Especially on those deep vertical throws, where Smith has to anticipate more of where Crabtree is going to end up. On the shorter passes not so much once Crabtree makes his break.
every year the smith crabtree connections starts off horrible then does good at the end of the season

if he attends TC and preseason we can eliminate the begnning of the season miscommunications

I think a lot of how well our receivers are playing, Crabtree especially, comes down to coaching. Has anyone considered that since Jerry Sullivan is no longer the WR coach that it seems our WRs are playing better and more disciplined?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

every year the smith crabtree connections starts off horrible then does good at the end of the season

if he attends TC and preseason we can eliminate the begnning of the season miscommunications

So glad no tip balls between those 2 in the process. Not that I can remember... in the Lions game maybe.
I would love to see Crabtree, Kyle Williams, and Josh Morgan light it up next year. Use Ted Ginn as the backup and primary kick returner. For now, Williams, Crabtree, and Ginn are starting to click. Of course the O-line and Alex performing better has a lot to do with it.
Miguel Lobsterbush

The name says it all

Anybody remember jerry rice and john taylor.........no not putting them on that level but lately the quick slant has been deadly for us crabs just gotta consistantly catch it but boy did williams give me a brief flash back 9ers all day
Im enjoying the Crabtree evolving process. These last few weeks, you can just see the crispness in his route running and the passion when blocking for running plays. He's at his comfort zone now on this squad, you can just see it in his body language. But there's still lots of improvements for him and the rest of the team, particularly the ol tip drill from Crabs.

Man i hope he finally has turned the corner, and wants to finally cut out that Blue Star on his chest, and just realize whats happening!
He's Bleeding 49ers 4 Life!
i think him evolving has to do with the niners winning and not the niners winning because he is evolving. dont get me wrong there is a lot of the latter part now but if we kept losing like prior seasons i dont think he would be doing all the little things that he has done. i think us winning has got him back into full football mode.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i think him evolving has to do with the niners winning and not the niners winning because he is evolving. dont get me wrong there is a lot of the latter part now but if we kept losing like prior seasons i dont think he would be doing all the little things that he has done. i think us winning has got him back into full football mode.

From the looks of it, this. I hope this isn't the case tho, because the rest of the guys are always in full football mode even tho some of them may not be as good.
Share 49ersWebzone