There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff Scenarios

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.

I get all that, man. I just can't stand to be pessimistic all week long. My expectations are no longer sky high, but I do think we can turn this around and string together some wins in a row.

I think we will win some more games, and likely squeak into the playoffs, but its not a gimme and our division games are tough. I just see alot of people here automatically ignoring the cardinals and rams as teams that in reality have a great shot at beating us. even this redskins game is not a gimme. We are playing horrible football right now on offense, and take away the points off turnovers that the defense has given us, and i believe we have only scored 3 points in two games if im not mistaken....

I agree. We're not guaranteed a playoff birth and it will be a battle. We have to take care of business and beat the teams we're supposed to beat. The Cards and Rams will be tough games simply because division games are tough. Especially at the end of the year when the Rams want to play spoiler, and the Cards are fighting for the playoffs themselves.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
we need the Saints to win out.....let them get the #1 seed.

Even if we lost these last two games in New Orleans, I'd rather play there in perfect weather...than go to Seattle with bad weather and those fans who will still be yelling their asses off.

we could play in a dome in Detroit...then a Dome in New Orleans......that small small chance that Seattle loses to another team...and then we'd play somewhere else, with a much better chance.

either way I'm just worried about this Redskins game really...they just lost in close game, and will look to bounce back. I don't think it will be easy, but we better take care of business.

My dream scenario (which isn't likely) is that Carolina still ends up with the #6, Carolina rips through the Lions, goes to Seattle and out-muscles them, while we ride the pine with the Eagles and Saints, and the #5 hosts the #6 in the Championship. -This s**t happened with the Eagles and Cards back in '09.
Losing those games at the Stick are going to come back and bite the 49ers
I think we will win some more games, and likely squeak into the playoffs, but its not a gimme and our division games are tough. I just see alot of people here automatically ignoring the cardinals and rams as teams that in reality have a great shot at beating us. even this redskins game is not a gimme. We are playing horrible football right now on offense, and take away the points off turnovers that the defense has given us, and i believe we have only scored 3 points in two games if im not mistaken....

I can easily see us dropping Ls to Seattle @ Candlestick and Arizona in Phoenix. Hell, maybe even the Rams the way we're playing right now.

Thought over the bye week we'd be able to fix up our offensive woes but I was dead wrong - I think we've regressed even further. If we didn't have an elite defense, those last two games would have been lost in blowouts. Offense is not getting it done - from the coaching, play calling, to executing on the field, everything is horrible all around. Not sure how people can still be so confident. Even if we do sneak into the play offs do you actually think we'll go far? We'll likely get our asses kicked and be 1 and done.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
we need the Saints to win out.....let them get the #1 seed.

Even if we lost these last two games in New Orleans, I'd rather play there in perfect weather...than go to Seattle with bad weather and those fans who will still be yelling their asses off.

we could play in a dome in Detroit...then a Dome in New Orleans......that small small chance that Seattle loses to another team...and then we'd play somewhere else, with a much better chance.

either way I'm just worried about this Redskins game really...they just lost in close game, and will look to bounce back. I don't think it will be easy, but we better take care of business.

My dream scenario (which isn't likely) is that Carolina still ends up with the #6, Carolina rips through the Lions, goes to Seattle and out-muscles them, while we ride the pine with the Eagles and Saints, and the #5 hosts the #6 in the Championship. -This s**t happened with the Eagles and Cards back in '09.

well, the Saints do still have to play the Pathers twice... so if the Saints win those.. the Panthers would have 5 loses...and if we win out...lol... then yes, we would be the 5th seed.

but yeah, I'm hoping a team like the Panthers go to Seattle and upset them.
We suck.
I could really see us not even make it. This pathetic offense has a few more losses in them no doubt.
Playoffs ? What playoffs ? To me, it is a 50/50 affair at the moment.

Likewise, the NFL Total Access folks are also on the fence on this one :

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000284227/Are-the-49ers-in-danger-of-missing-the-playoffs

I predicted a 10-6 season and it seems LT agrees with me :

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000284248/A-look-ahead-The-49ers-schedule

The question is will that be enough ?

There are just too many teams waiting on the wings ready to take that 6th spot. That means the 9ers really can't afford to make any more mistakes. Sure, we will lose to the Seahawks, not much we can do about that, but if we can make it stop there at 11-5 that should be enough to secure that 6th spot. If we end up 10-6, it will be anyone's call. 9-7 won't make the playoffs.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Sure, we will lose to the Seahawks, not much we can do about that.

What a shameful attitude.
Originally posted by English:

I don't see us beating the Seahawks. And if we did it's too late anyway. We lost too many games. We aren't catching them. No ifs, ands or buts.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see us beating the Seahawks. And if we did it's too late anyway. We lost too many games. We aren't catching them. No ifs, ands or buts.

It's too late to win the division, I agree. The focus should be on getting into the wildcard and pray for good health. I'll even take a slightly below average passing game at this point. But this team has to show it has a pulse in the pass game. The QBing, the o-line, the playcalling, and the scheme has gone seriously potato all at once. It's a disaster.
Not. Going. Down. Without. A. Fight.
plenty can happen between now and then.. lets take this one game at a time.. you just never know what will happen… this team will either fall apart and come together and make the playoffs.. thats the only thing right now that makes sense.. who we play in the playoffs does not matter, as long as its not Seattle @ Seattle… lets make it to the playoffs first!
Originally posted by English:

We are not 4 year olds here.There is no point in being ra ra and say the 49ers is the best team in the world and will smoke every team in the league when it is so far from the truth. It is what it is. Basically, what you are saying is honesty is shameful. There is nothing wrong in telling the truth. To add, the longer you want to live in denial, the longer it will take the current 49ers organization to make the necessary changes and decisions on players and staff personnel to turn this thing around.

I will say it again, based on what I have seen, I cannot see how the 9ers can beat the Seahawks. And I am not going to apologize for my honesty.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Does 10-6 not get us in the playoffs anymore? I think we can afford two more Ls and still make it

10-6 is not a sure deal. There are just too many teams on the hunt. Put it this way, would you put your life savings on it ? Let's call it 50-50. 11-5 on the other hand should get the job done, but with the Seahawks pretty much being a guaranteed loss, can we run the rest of the table ? May be ? Probably unlikely.