LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Rodgers coming back, looks like we're going to Green Bay in the wild card round

This weekend just got a whole lot more interesting with A-Rod starting. Chicago's horrid run defense will be even more hard-pressed to slow down Lacey with the threat of GB's full passing game back. At least DSPN will stop talking about Romo every second of the day.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
3 & 4 Seeds:

3 Seed:
  • 82% Philly (70% Philly plus if GB wins, they secure #3 as well)
  • 18% Dallas (tie breakers over Chicago and better record than Green Bay)

4 Seed:
  • 60% Chicago (pending Rodgers status)

I amend my previous prediction...

60% Green Bay (with Rodgers starting)

GB is the most likely opponent for us.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Rodgers coming back, looks like we're going to Green Bay in the wild card round

Just a tad early with that.

You seen the bears play defense? Even a "rusty" Rodgers will pick them apart plus they may not even need him to throw 30 times with how bad the bears run d is

Eddie Lacy probably plays but has a bad ankle injury, Matthews is out for the game and Rodgers will be rusty from not playing for 7 weeks. And to top it off the Packers have the 24th ranked defense.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM ]
Wow! McCarthy pulling a Nolan move with Rodgers. This will not end well for the Packers.
Lol at anyone being scared of the Packers
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If you thought Cowardly Ryan lit our defense up, imagine what Rodgers could do. I know we have beat him before, but he has put up points on our defense before.. I'm not sleeping on the Packers in Green Bay with that fluke s**t that happens with that team in that weather.

Didn't they s**t the bed with Rodgers against the Giants in s**t weather at Lambeau
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If you thought Cowardly Ryan lit our defense up, imagine what Rodgers could do. I know we have beat him before, but he has put up points on our defense before.. I'm not sleeping on the Packers in Green Bay with that fluke s**t that happens with that team in that weather.

Didn't they s**t the bed with Rodgers against the Giants in s**t weather at Lambeau

We are more fit for s**t weather than the Packers
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

We've beat Rodgers 3x in a row now... once there, and 2x at home. And each time we were the better team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hate having to go to Lambeau to win a game. The Packers may not be world beaters, but it still is a tough place to have to win a game.
Having the 2 top division winners in each conference get a first-round bye is fine because they usually have the most wins respectively. But, the league needs to change the playoff seeding of the next 4 teams that follow regardless of division winner or wildcard status. They should all be re-seeeded according to won – loss record no matter what their standing in the division they reside in. Of course this will all change if the league decides to add one more playoff team per conference in the future. There will be one team with a 1st-round bye in each conf. so the other 6 teams will all play the first round and essentially are wild-card teams. In this case it will be even more necessary to re-seed the playoff teams (excluding the top division winner) according to won – loss record period. They should still re-seed the teams playing on wild-card weekend even if they never go to 7 playoff teams per conference. A s****y division winner with 9 or even only 8 wins shouldn't be rewarded for that crap.

meh, i think the format is good, gives more incentive to win your division and if you cant win on the road you shouldnt be in the playoffs anyway
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
meh, i think the format is good, gives more incentive to win your division and if you cant win on the road you shouldnt be in the playoffs anyway

esp against a team whos 9-7
I think packers and eagles win this week. So...

If we win and/or Saints lose (5 seed) we would be @ GB

If we lose and Saints win (6 seed) we would be @ Phi
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

esp against a team whos 9-7

You kill the current format and its like the NBA where division play loses its luster. Just playing a team twice a year isn't enough to foster the division game atmosphere we have now. You win the division you punch your ticket to the playoffs with a home game. You want it you earn it. Win your division or be left fighting for wildcard scraps.
I definitely dont want to play the Packers in the playoffs. Yes, we beat them our past 3 meetings but it is extremely to beat a team 4 times in a row. We all know they will be looking for revenge also.
Share 49ersWebzone