There are 186 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff Scenarios

Strange f**king year. It's now week 17 and it's still up in the air whether we're a 1, 2 , 5, or 6 seed.
Would any ties in the final week really screw up the playoff seeding?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Strange f**king year. It's now week 17 and it's still up in the air whether we're a 1, 2 , 5, or 6 seed.

1,2,5,or 6 seed it doesn't matter! This is our year and no one is getting in our way!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I want Carolina and Seattle

Bears, Panthers, Seattle, Colts is how I dream it to happen.
Will the Lambs want to help us? They have too good of a record to tank at this point.

They have to remember how they gave away that game in St. Louis to Seattle....that was another game where Seattle was seriously on the ropes.
Originally posted by Liono:
Looks like if we win, we'll be playing the winner of the Packers/Bears game next week, and if we lose, it's the Eagles.

That could be interesting, because if Aaron Rogers comes back vs the Bears and beats them, that could mean we'd be playing the Packers in Lambeau vs Aaron Rogers. I think I'd rather lose and take on the Eagles.

If we win, and the Rams win...we aren't playing anyone because we're the #1 seed.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Liono:
Looks like if we win, we'll be playing the winner of the Packers/Bears game next week, and if we lose, it's the Eagles.

That could be interesting, because if Aaron Rogers comes back vs the Bears and beats them, that could mean we'd be playing the Packers in Lambeau vs Aaron Rogers. I think I'd rather lose and take on the Eagles.

They're all tough games at this point. I'm indifferent. Bring 'em on.

Our big weakness is against hurry-up offenses and teams that can spread us out. Eagles would be a poor matchup for our defense esp. if McCoy gets going on top of that. It would have to be an offensive shootout.
Originally posted by kray28:
If we win, and the Rams win...we aren't playing anyone because we're the #1 seed.

I think Carolina also needs to lose for the Niners to get the #1 seed . . .
  • buck
  • Veteran
We are in the play offs and that makes me happy.

If we get the #1 seed, I will be happier, but the critical thing is to make the play offs and we did.
Originally posted by buck:
We are in the play offs and that makes me happy.

If we get the #1 seed, I will be happier, but the critical thing is to make the play offs and we did.

Amen!
Current Lines, game summaries, and my prognostications (cumulative numbers at the end are rounded):

CAR @ ATL - (+7)
  • Carolina's offense is sputtering, but they seem to make just enough plays to win. Loss of Steve Smith could be huge.
  • Pick 'em (50%)

GB @ CHI - (closed due to ?s regarding Rodgers)
  • If Rodgers plays, I'd give the edge to GB, if not, CHI
  • 60% CHI win (subject to change)

TB @ NO - (-7)
  • NO has struggled down the stretch, but this is a must win at home. Very unlikely that TB would go in there a be the spoiler
  • 80% NO win

SF @ ARI - (pick)
  • Both teams have something to play for, but the Cards are more desperate. They also have a very stout run defense. Last time Davis ripped them, so maybe he can get back on track
  • 60% ARI win

STL @ SEA - (-6.5)
  • Seattle has to win this game, lest they enter the playoffs 1-3. I can't imagine they're too cocky any more, but Robert Quinn and Chris Long will be tough to deal with
  • 80% SEA win

PHI @ DAL - (-2.5 with no Romo, a very attractive PHI line)
  • Must win for either team, but with the loss of Romo, edge to Philly. Weather not a concern in Dallas
  • 70% PHI win

Playoff Seeding Likelihood:

SEA
  • 1 - 80% chance
  • 2 - 10% chance
  • 5 - 10% chance

CAR
  • 1 - 10% chance
  • 2 - 56% chance (50% chance of winning their game, plus 6% chance that they lose, NO loses, and the Niners lose)
  • 5 - 24% chance (CAR loses, NO wins, 49ers lose)
  • 6 - 10% chance (CAR loses, NO wins, 49ers win)

SF
  • 1 - 4% chance (SF win, SEA loss, and CAR loss)
  • 2 - 4% chance (SF win, SEA loss, and CAR win)
  • 5 - 52% chance (SF wins or SF loses and NO loses)
  • 6 - 40% chance (SF loses and NO wins)

NO
  • 1 - 0% (SEA owns tiebreaker)
  • 2 - 32% (SEA and NO win, CAR loses)
  • 5 - 24% (CAR and NO win, SF loses)
  • 6 - 32% (SEA and SF win)
  • OUT - 12%

ARI
  • 6 - 12% (ARI wins, NO loses)
3 & 4 Seeds:

3 Seed:
  • 82% Philly (70% Philly plus if GB wins, they secure #3 as well)
  • 18% Dallas (tie breakers over Chicago and better record than Green Bay)

4 Seed:
  • 60% Chicago (pending Rodgers status)
If you thought Cowardly Ryan lit our defense up, imagine what Rodgers could do. I know we have beat him before, but he has put up points on our defense before.. I'm not sleeping on the Packers in Green Bay with that fluke s**t that happens with that team in that weather.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If you thought Cowardly Ryan lit our defense up, imagine what Rodgers could do. I know we have beat him before, but he has put up points on our defense before.. I'm not sleeping on the Packers in Green Bay with that fluke s**t that happens with that team in that weather.

Bad memories fo sho
Rodgers coming back, looks like we're going to Green Bay in the wild card round