There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff Scenarios

Originally posted by tmpluff:
are there any scenarios where the niners, and Cards both make the playoffs?

49ers lose to Cards on Sunday and Saints lose to Bucs (both scenarios unlikely).
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by tmpluff:
are there any scenarios where the niners, and Cards both make the playoffs?

I don't think so.


I mean if we beat zona and both New Orleans and Carolina lose, altho unlikely would that bump zona in ? Saints would also have 6 losses? or if we won tonight and then lost to the Cards, and the saints lost? Of course us losing again is a (knock on wood)
[ Edited by tmpluff on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by tmpluff:
are there any scenarios where the niners, and Cards both make the playoffs?

49ers lose to Cards on Sunday and Saints lose to Bucs (both scenarios unlikely).


Ok thanks. just curious (bored at work - Mind wondering)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,085
Originally posted by tmpluff:
I mean if we beat zona and both New Orleans and Carolina lose, altho unlikely would that bump zona in ? Saints would also have 6 losses? or if we won tonight and then lost to the Cards, and the saints lost? Of course us losing again is a (knock on wood)


This might help explain. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/108770/2013-nfl-week-17-playoff-scenarios
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Really want to avoid the Eagles.

Or Dallas, Chicago or Green Bay.

Jimmy Harbaugh's Stanford teams had a pretty good record slowing down Chippers Ducks! I don't care who we play or where we play them, once the play offs start, we will dominate!
Guys -- this nifty tool has been around for a while:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,058
Just get a win tonight.
Originally posted by tmpluff:
I mean if we beat zona and both New Orleans and Carolina lose, altho unlikely would that bump zona in ? Saints would also have 6 losses? or if we won tonight and then lost to the Cards, and the saints lost? Of course us losing again is a (knock on wood)
saints have got the tiebreaker against the cards, iirc.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by tmpluff:
I mean if we beat zona and both New Orleans and Carolina lose, altho unlikely would that bump zona in ? Saints would also have 6 losses? or if we won tonight and then lost to the Cards, and the saints lost? Of course us losing again is a (knock on wood)
saints have got the tiebreaker against the cards, iirc.


yup
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
i am glad the team is in a must win tonight,, had the hawks won yesterday,, we may have come out fat and lazy tonight and lose another game we should not lose at home. now they are playing or should be playing with a sense or urgency
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am glad the team is in a must win tonight,, had the hawks won yesterday,, we may have come out fat and lazy tonight and lose another game we should not lose at home. now they are playing or should be playing with a sense or urgency

I'm not sure we come out flat for the finale
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am glad the team is in a must win tonight,, had the hawks won yesterday,, we may have come out fat and lazy tonight and lose another game we should not lose at home. now they are playing or should be playing with a sense or urgency

I'm not sure we come out flat for the finale

This. There's now a slim hope for the NFC West title. The 49ers are playing solid football right now -- perhaps the best in the NFC. This team will take care of business tonight and then come out ON FIRE against AZ.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am glad the team is in a must win tonight,, had the hawks won yesterday,, we may have come out fat and lazy tonight and lose another game we should not lose at home. now they are playing or should be playing with a sense or urgency

I'm not sure we come out flat for the finale
i do not think so either.. my point is that we should not come out flat for this game,, if we do, we do not deserve to be in the playoffs. if you can not get pumped up for this game , for many different reasons, you should not be playing or coaching the game
ok alot has changed since we started these threads.

Best Case scenario and the next best thing after that.

49ers win out, Seahawks and Panthers lose! = 49ers #1 seed homefield through out the playoffs.

49ers win out, Seahawks lose = 49ers win West #2 seed one bye week and home playoff game...with the road one being in Carolina (not bad)

49ers win out, Cowboys win and Bears win = 49ers visit warm dome in Texas vs Legendary Playoff QB Tony Romo (Bears have tie breaker over Cowgirls and would get 3rd seed)


we are not going to Philli in the first round no matter what I believe...its either at Cowboys, Bears, or Green Bay.


updated link to playoff seeding.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
  • ace52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 300
Originally posted by Afrikan:

49ers win out, Cowboys win and Bears win = 49ers visit warm dome in Texas vs Legendary Playoff QB Tony Romo (Bears have tie breaker over Cowgirls and would get 3rd seed)


we are not going to Philli in the first round no matter what I believe...its either at Cowboys, Bears, or Green Bay.
I would prefer that the Niners play the Cowboys/Bears, rather than the Packers in GB with Rodgers back.