There are 247 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Why are so many of you scared of GB with Rogers back? We're 3-0 against him in the Harbaugh era.

im not lol

we'll kill the packers
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Why are so many of you scared of GB with Rogers back? We're 3-0 against him in the Harbaugh era.

I'm not scurred.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
so we could either be playing in dallas, phili, chicago, or GB or have a first round bye.

or not even make the playoffs

I think those are all the possibilities...

And I think we'd be favored in any of those games (Dallas, Philly, Chicago, and GB)
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Dec 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
I think we def want Chicago tho... They can't beat us,. Not with that run defense.
Really want to avoid the Eagles.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

Or Dallas, Chicago or Green Bay.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 23, 2013 at 4:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

why? who have they played? i bet rams, cards, niners, seahawks would mop the floor with their gimmick offense. they haven't faced a team that can hit them in the mouth.
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
I think we def want Chicago tho... They can't beat us,. Not with that run defense.

Agreed, all tough matchups for different reasons...GB in GB (so you know 5 or 6 calls will magically go their way), Chicago b/c we don't usually do too well against taller, more physical WR's and TE's and the Eagles b/c we aren't very good in a hurry up defense. Bring on Dallas! Or Chicago.
If the team wants to avoid another team in the playoffs, then they shouldnt be in the playoffs to begin with. The 2011 Giants didnt care who they faced and won the whole damned thing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
If the team wants to avoid another team in the playoffs, then they shouldnt be in the playoffs to begin with. The 2011 Giants didnt care who they faced and won the whole damned thing.

Yeah, they can't go in fearing teams. They got to go in guns a blazing.

are there any scenarios where the niners, and Cards both make the playoffs?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tmpluff:

I don't think so.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]

49ers lose to Cards on Sunday and Saints lose to Bucs (both scenarios unlikely).
Originally posted by mayo49:

I don't think so.

I mean if we beat zona and both New Orleans and Carolina lose, altho unlikely would that bump zona in ? Saints would also have 6 losses? or if we won tonight and then lost to the Cards, and the saints lost? Of course us losing again is a (knock on wood)
[ Edited by tmpluff on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

49ers lose to Cards on Sunday and Saints lose to Bucs (both scenarios unlikely).

Ok thanks. just curious (bored at work - Mind wondering)
Share 49ersWebzone