LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We just need to win them all and not chance it. this s**t is getting to close!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Antix:
I hope this doesn't get moved...but I think some need to realize how close other teams are to us. We are basically in a win every game situation. I hope the players understand this.

So is every other wildcard team. That's the nature of the wildcard hunt. Not every team will win every week but every team needs/has to.

we only play the Cards from that list.... most if not all the other teams in the hunt all play each other.

The last three weeks they've played Houston, Atlanta, and Jacksonville. I'd be more worried if they were beating good teams
I still think we go 11-5, upset Seattle, and take the #6 in the final week against the Cards, which probably gets bumped up to a night game on SNF, and I'm gonna bet we still end up playing the Lions the following Sunday/Saturday night, which should be pretty f**king exciting.

We have the best schedule of all teams trying to get in, and thankfully we don't have to go to Seattle (which would put a huge dent into the injury tent) in December this time. Again though, it's all up to how this team responds, I don't really care how we do it, just get in, and anything can happen from there.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I still think we go 11-5, upset Seattle, and take the #6 in the final week against the Cards, which probably gets bumped up to a night game on SNF, and I'm gonna bet we still end up playing the Lions the following Sunday/Saturday night, which should be pretty f**king exciting.

We have the best schedule of all teams trying to get in, and thankfully we don't have to go to Seattle (which would put a huge dent into the injury tent) in December this time. Again though, it's all up to how this team responds, I don't really care how we do it, just get in, and anything can happen from there.

^^^THIS
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

^^^THIS

But if we upset Seattle, who do we lose to? I say if we beat Seattle we run the table and go 12-4!!!!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

^^^THIS

But if we upset Seattle, who do we lose to? I say if we beat Seattle we run the table and go 12-4!!!!

I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.
we need the Saints to win out.....let them get the #1 seed.

Even if we lost these last two games in New Orleans, I'd rather play there in perfect weather...than go to Seattle with bad weather and those fans who will still be yelling their asses off.

we could play in a dome in Detroit...then a Dome in New Orleans......that small small chance that Seattle loses to another team...and then we'd play somewhere else, with a much better chance.

either way I'm just worried about this Redskins game really...they just lost in close game, and will look to bounce back. I don't think it will be easy, but we better take care of business.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.

I get all that, man. I just can't stand to be pessimistic all week long. My expectations are no longer sky high, but I do think we can turn this around and string together some wins in a row.
we need the Saints to win out.....let them get the #1 seed.

Even if we lost these last two games in New Orleans, I'd rather play there in perfect weather...than go to Seattle with bad weather and those fans who will still be yelling their asses off.

we could play in a dome in Detroit...then a Dome in New Orleans......that small small chance that Seattle loses to another team...and then we'd play somewhere else, with a much better chance.

either way I'm just worried about this Redskins game really...they just lost in close game, and will look to bounce back. I don't think it will be easy, but we better take care of business.

I would love nothing more than to beat Seattle and give NO home field advantage.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I get all that, man. I just can't stand to be pessimistic all week long. My expectations are no longer sky high, but I do think we can turn this around and string together some wins in a row.

I think we will win some more games, and likely squeak into the playoffs, but its not a gimme and our division games are tough. I just see alot of people here automatically ignoring the cardinals and rams as teams that in reality have a great shot at beating us. even this redskins game is not a gimme. We are playing horrible football right now on offense, and take away the points off turnovers that the defense has given us, and i believe we have only scored 3 points in two games if im not mistaken....
Does 10-6 not get us in the playoffs anymore? I think we can afford two more Ls and still make it
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Does 10-6 not get us in the playoffs anymore? I think we can afford two more Ls and still make it

If memory serves me correct a couple years ago the Patriots went 11-5 and missed the playoffs .But yeah

It might, but not likely this season IMO. too many 6-4 teams still playing for the spot.

One will likely get hot.

If it happens, it will be a 10-6 team that gets in over another 10-6 team that stays home IMO.

It should be enough most of the time, but it's no guarantee. At least not this year. Just looking at the teams who are in the hunt and their remaining schedules, there could be a logjam of teams at 9-7, 10-6 competing for 2 playoff spots. A couple teams with winning records are going to be left out this year. The NFC is loading up on wins while the AFC is dominated by a few teams.
Share 49ersWebzone