Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Here you go:

- If SF wins any one game, they're in.
- If SF wins twice, CAR and SEA lose, SF is the #1 seed
- If AZ loses to SF, AZ is out
- If AZ beats SF after SF already clinched, then AZ will need NO to lose.

To put it another way:
- AZ will need either SF to lose to ATL OR a NO loss next week to get in. They need help.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
The Lambs will tank this game. Fact.... They would be dumb to try and win and f**k up a #1 overall pick... remember they're still eating off that RG3 trade,so they will have a lot of Ammo come draft day...

LOL.

Some people crack me the f**k up with the b******t that comes out of their mouth , and they think theyre so right with all this "fact" crap, but have no effin clue.

Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
We have all tie breakers against cards. We just have to win tomorrow to get into the playoffs. Arz lost 5 NFC match ups and rams Seattle and us. So just win ma�ana.

You sure?

Yes
Interesting fact - ONLY the NFC West will finish the season having 3 teams with 10+ wins (49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks). No other division is even close.

Division / Pct. / W - L
1. NFC West = .661 (39 - 20)
2. AFC West = .583 (35 - 25)
3. AFC East = .525 (31 - 28)
4. NFC South = .492 (29 - 30)
5. AFC North = .482 (28 - 30)
6. NFC North = .466 (26 - 30 - 2)
7. NFC East = .424 (25 - 34)
8. AFC South = .367 (22 - 38)

49ers are (currently) 2nd place in the toughest division in the NFL. Even the Rams COULD finish with 8 wins.
win out and pray for the rams next week!!!
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Interesting fact - ONLY the NFC West will finish the season having 3 teams with 10+ wins (49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks). No other division is even close.

Division / Pct. / W - L

49ers are (currently) 2nd place in the toughest division in the NFL. Even the Rams COULD finish with 8 wins.
i posted in another thread on it. all 4 teams in the west are playoff caliber. and the rams at 7-9/8-8 are the "worst" and they have two top 18 picks, possibly two top 10, with one being possibly the #1.

like i said last year, they just need to avoid drafting complete busts over this 3 year stretch and they will be a strong team, get a homerun with no busts and they will be a powerhouse.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Division / Pct. / W - L

i posted in another thread on it. all 4 teams in the west are playoff caliber. and the rams at 7-9/8-8 are the "worst" and they have two top 18 picks, possibly two top 10, with one being possibly the #1.

like i said last year, they just need to avoid drafting complete busts over this 3 year stretch and they will be a strong team, get a homerun with no busts and they will be a powerhouse.

Doesn't this make you hate Dan Snyder…just a little bit more (unless your hatred for him was already maxed out)?

Division / Pct. / W - L

St Louis will either get a real franchise QB this draft or trade away picks ala RG3 ... again! St Louis coming. We have upped the games of everyone in the NFCW. Everybody chasing us! St Louis about to pick high thanks to WAS.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]
  • Liono
This 4 division thing is b******t. The Cards (or niners) could end up winning 11 games and miss the playoffs playing in a tough division while a team with 8 or 9 wins gets in playing in a s**tty division. The only point of the divisions is to make it more mediocre teams feel like they have a chance to get in, but it just sets up the possibility to screw a good team.
Originally posted by Liono:
This 4 division thing is b******t. The Cards (or niners) could end up winning 11 games and miss the playoffs playing in a tough division while a team with 8 or 9 wins gets in playing in a s**tty division. The only point of the divisions is to make it more mediocre teams feel like they have a chance to get in, but it just sets up the possibility to screw a good team.

Actually the system is setup to make divisional match ups twice as important as other games. That way, the NFL can guarantee high ratings by scheduling most divisional games at the end of the season. More people will watch because the games will MORE LIKELY have playoff implications. It's all about ratings. Period.

Originally posted by Liono:

Like it the way it is. Win your division get in or pick up the scraps of the wildcard berths
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
St Louis will either get a real franchise QB this draft or trade away picks ala RG3 ... again! St Louis coming. We have upped the games of everyone in the NFCW. Everybody chasing us!

and i do not know what one is scarier. s**t they could trade down the redskins pick and still get a franchise QB with their pick if they lose and get the #9, or just trade them both down.

either way they have to make the right picks, but they will have so much free cap space to keep their guys now too.
and i do not know what one is scarier. s**t they could trade down the redskins pick and still get a franchise QB with their pick if they lose and get the #9, or just trade them both down.

either way they have to make the right picks, but they will have so much free cap space to keep their guys now too.
They're coming thanks to WAS. I just need them to move to LA so. They don't have the time zone advantage as well. Deal with PT just like the rest of us
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
We will the SB anyway, who cares about playoff scenarios
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Like it the way it is. Win your division get in or pick up the scraps of the wildcard berths

yes, but i think it is bogus that the cardinals are out just because they are in the division with 2 of the best teams in the nfl.
but, it would be bogus if next year the nfc westbeat up on each other all year and all finished the year at 8-8 or 9-7 while going undefeated outside of the division and they all miss out because a team with 2 weak division opponents gives them 4 free wins.

i guess what i am saying is, i do not like it, but there is not a viable 2nd choice. unless they add 2 new teams.
Share 49ersWebzone