LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by five1oh:
If we win out and they seahawks lose two of three (@giants, cards, rams), then we would have the division tiebreaker (1-1 head to head, next tiebreaker 5-1 division record vs seahawks 4-2/3-3 division record).

Ok yep you cleared that up. Seattle is 3-1 we are 4-1 so we would be 5-1 if we won out. They would have to lose 2 of 3 meaning one division game at least so they would be 4-3 or 3-3... So yeah we could still win the division if we win out and they lose 2 of 3 but pretty unlikely they lose 2 of 3.
Originally posted by five1oh:
If we win out and they seahawks lose two of three (@giants, cards, rams), then we would have the division tiebreaker (1-1 head to head, next tiebreaker 5-1 division record vs seahawks 4-2/3-3 division record).

It's possible

But we just have to focus on our opponents. Bucs are playing well and falcons will try to spoil us out of revenge
if everything goes as it is supposed to next week, niners beat bucs and Seahawks best giants, Seahawks will be forced to beat the cards the following week. niners win either way.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
if everything goes as it is supposed to next week, niners beat bucs and Seahawks best giants, Seahawks will be forced to beat the cards the following week. niners win either way.

Good point so even if Seattle beats them they are helping us to win the wildcard. Although they could beat Giants and Rams still win the division and lose to the Cards and screw us over.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Good point so even if Seattle beats them they are helping us to win the wildcard. Although they could beat Giants and Rams still win the division and lose to the Cards and screw us over.

that's true, but I'm not sure who would win the tie break in that scenario, cards or niners

correction. niners would still win the tie breaker since cards lost to the rams week 1.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM ]
Gotta get that #5 seed, it's gonna be huge. That could possibly mean going into Detroit & New Orleans instead of Philly & Seattle for the first two rounds.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Gotta get that #5 seed, it's gonna be huge. That could possibly mean going into Detroit & New Orleans instead of Philly & Seattle for the first two rounds.

Detroit? Chicago? Or Green Bay? That division has no clear winner at this point
@Bucs
Host Falcons
@ Cardinals

Only the Cardinals game should be tough. If we can run the table we might get the division.

Seattle
@Giants (Praying for Eli and company to step up)
Host Cardinals
Host Rams

Call me crazy but if they drop any two of these and we win out we get the division. They just came off two top oponents. they have to go cross country to face a dangerous if not good NYG team who will play pridefull ball, then back across country to make it three division games in 4 weeks. I suspect we will walk into Arizona "NEEDING" to win in week 17. I know I'm rooting for the week 15 Giants wek 16 cardinals and week 17 Rams.

Baring that you can bet that between the Jets saints and falcons the Panthers will lose a game and we can climb to the 5th seed.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM ]
my hope is that the final seeding is

1st Seahawks
2nd Saints
3rd Detroit
4th Dallas
5th 49ers
6th Panthers

we play in Dallas (Dome and Romo)
Panthers beat Detroit and goes to Seattle
we get to go to New Orleans (Dome, new offensive approach hopefully Roman )

if Panthers pull out an upset against the Seahawks, we rematch them at home for the Championship game.

or we just go to Seattle break this damn streak.

its realistic though... Seattle at 1, Saints 2, and 9ers 5, Panthers 6.

Saints play the Panthers one more time.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
That FKN Aints Game BS call on Ahmad and the Panthera game drop by RONALD MCDONALD!! Plus the FKN Seachickens escaping Houston & St Louis with 2 losses shoulda been!!! Think we could easily by 11-2 or 10-3 at worse had we had an AWFUL call not go against us and Ronald McDonald Not drop that pass vs Pantera and the Seachickens getting LUCKY in 2 or 3 of their wins!!!

Originally posted by Afrikan:
my hope is that the final seeding is

1st Seahawks
2nd Saints
3rd Detroit
4th Dallas
5th 49ers
6th Panthers

we play in Dallas (Dome and Romo)
Panthers beat Detroit and goes to Seattle
we get to go to New Orleans (Dome, new offensive approach hopefully Roman )

if Panthers pull out an upset against the Seahawks, we rematch them at home for the Championship game.

or we just go to Seattle break this damn streak.

its realistic though... Seattle at 1, Saints 2, and 9ers 5, Panthers 6.

Saints play the Panthers one more time.

That's what I'm hoping for!
that's true, but I'm not sure who would win the tie break in that scenario, cards or niners

correction. niners would still win the tie breaker since cards lost to the rams week 1.

If we end up 1-1 with Cardinals (they beat us at AZ) and we would be in a tie for the wildcard we would win since they use same tie breaking procedure as division if teams are from same division fighting for a wildcard spot. If not it changes. So division they are 1-3 we are 4-1 so no way they can catch up to us and win the tie breaker. At best we would be 4-2 and they would be 3-3.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
That FKN Aints Game BS call on Ahmad and the Panthera game drop by RONALD MCDONALD!! Plus the FKN Seachickens escaping Houston & St Louis with 2 losses shoulda been!!! Think we could easily by 11-2 or 10-3 at worse had we had an AWFUL call not go against us and Ronald McDonald Not drop that pass vs Pantera and the Seachickens getting LUCKY in 2 or 3 of their wins!!!

Don't forget the Bucs game.
niners clinch a playoff spot if they win the next two games. period. they'll be 11 and 4. cards won't catch them because their best record will be 11 and 5. they have 3 division losses. eagles and cowboys. one will win the division and the others best record will be 10 and 6 since they play each other week 17.
Yep that sums it up to win the next 2 and won't matter if we lose at Cardinals (as long as no other teams in hunt for 6th spot) since we would both be 11-5 and we would hold the tie breaker since our division record is better.

Also, hard to believe 3 weeks left and 4 of last year's playoff teams already out in the Texans, Falcons, Redskins and Vikings. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season the Texans and Falcons would be battling for the #1 pick. Heck probably some would have said battling for the lombardi.
Share 49ersWebzone