LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
One Game at a time. If we do deserve to get in then we'll get in. If we continue to falter and choke then we better have a good draft and a couple nice offseason signings.

This! We either get it together this season or come back loaded and wreck the league in 2014 down in Santa Clara!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This! We either get it together this season or come back loaded and wreck the league in 2014 down in Santa Clara!

Yeah its just so easy!

Everyone in our division is getting better while we get worse, key parts getting older, and a horribly inept offense. Nothing an offseason can't fix...
LMAO at anyone that is scared of the Cards
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not entirely scared of the Cards, but the intent of how the refs officiate in week 17.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Not entirely scared of the Cards, but the intent of how the refs officiate in week 17.

We will have a playoff spot locked by week 17
Worst offense in the league....don't forget that. We will be lucky to have a winning record.

this is what cracks me up about the forum..or our fans that underestimate opposing teams. Yall are the first to go crazy and turn the forum upside down just because yall are soooooo surprised that we lost to the "Cards lulz" or any team yall underestimate.

Reality says that they just blew out the team that blew us out.
Reality says that we are struggling on offense and they have a physical aggressive defense.

I personally think we will beat them (mainly because of Palmer)...but I'm not going to be surprised or have a meltdown if we lose...just because it's "lulz da Cardz".

they played well against us at the Stick...it was 22-20 game in the 4th QTR. They were driving to score, but thank god for Willis causing Larry Fitz of all people to fumble. Next game is at their house.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2013 at 2:31 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Palmer is playing good ball, it wouldn't surprise if the Cards pull the upset.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

this is what cracks me up about the forum..or our fans that underestimate opposing teams. Yall are the first to go crazy and turn the forum upside down just because yall are soooooo surprised that we lost to the "Cards lulz" or any team yall underestimate.

Reality says that they just blew out the team that blew us out.
Reality says that we are struggling on offense and they have a physical aggressive defense.

I personally think we will beat them...but I'm not going to be surprised or have a meltdown if we lose...just because it's "lulz da Cardz".

they played well against us at the Stick...it was 22-20 game in the 4th QTR. They were driving to score, but thank god for Willis causing Larry Fitz of all people to fumble. Next game is at their house.

Is just typical there are these fans who will say the 9ers will smoke any team in the league no matter what the current status of the team is, isn't it ?

I watched the Cards game, their offense is beginning to click and the team wants it bad. You can see the team is starting to gel and are ready to win. They have won 4 straight already.

Anything less than our A game will not suffice.
I predict both NFC #5 & #6 seeds will win on wildcard weekend. -After that, every game will be a regular-season grudge match (which is what the NFL wants).

can someone whose still sober give us a run down please?
To win the division we would have to win all 3 games and they would have to lose 2 of 3 so unlikely. As for wildcard we will likely play at Philly/Dal or at Lions (if they win nfcn). If we pass up the Panthers would have to finish 1 game ahead of them tied right now they have tie breaker (beat us) we'd play the 4th seed so right now thats at Lions. If we get the 6th seed we'd play at the Eagles.

If we would be the 6th seed and win we would go play at Seattle the 2nd round (#1 seed plays lowest remaining seed no lower than 6). If we end up the 5th seed and win we'd still likely play at Seattle unless the 6th seed Panthers? would beat the 3rd seed Eagles. No chance for a home game unless we would be the 5th seed win every game and the 6th seed would win every game and we'd meet in the NFCCG.

Oh and if we would tie with the Cardinals we would hold the tie breaker since we beat them but we still have to play them on the road. I would still be confident if we were 1-1 and it was a tie for the last spot we would win the tiebreaker. I think division record is next and I'm sure ours would be better.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
can someone whose still sober give us a run down please?

RUN DOWN:

IN
#1 Seattle (11-2)
#2 NO (10-3)
#3 Philly (8-5)
#4 Detroit (7-6)
#5 Carolina (9-4)
#6 SF (9-4)

OUT

#7 Arizona (8-5)
#8 Dallas (7-5)
#9 Chicago (6-6)

MNF Cowboys vs. Chicago... If Dallas wins, they move into the 3rd spot as they have a better in-division record than the Eagles.

Seattle: 2 home division games
NO/CAR: 1 more game in Carolina... It would very much benefit us for NO to win that game, as CAR has the tie-breaker on us
If we win out and they seahawks lose two of three (@giants, cards, rams), then we would have the division tiebreaker (1-1 head to head, next tiebreaker 5-1 division record vs seahawks 4-2/3-3 division record).
Panthers play the Saints again. Cardinals play Seattle in Seattle. I think that suggests that the Niners are mostly likely to be the 5th seed. Should they win their first playoff game, would not have to play Seattle the next week. Should Carolina win their first playoff game, they would go to Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone