LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
Wildcard. We'll get in at 10-6

disagree. 11-5 to make sure. 10-6 we will probably be tied with lions. Who has the tiebreaker in that situation?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Wildcard. We'll get in at 10-6

disagree. 11-5 to make sure. 10-6 we will probably be tied with lions. Who has the tiebreaker in that situation?

Lions will choke it up as always. The team needs the mentality that they need to run the table. They own their own destiny. Guess we'll find out what they're made of.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'd rather lose to scrubs. when you get to the playoffs all you see is good teams, many of whom in the nfc have already beaten us. now of course we could win a re-match but the 'we only lose to good teams' stuff is complete hog wash, you need to beat all of those teams to get where we want to get.

If you lose to scrubs then you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by KD49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
fire roman and hire andre johnson and there you go

johnson is on the wrong side of 30 and a lot of injuries. we would just be getting another Boldin. We should of made a move for Josh Gordon.

at the time we thought mario would fix all and later crabs and i still think it was the right decision at the time to make. at the time we did not know vernon would get knocked out again and mario has just been average. actually i think roman needs to go first and then we get some players. not the other way around

Nah, that was all you. I for one was not real keen on putting all my hopes into a guy coming off a major knee inury and a guy coming off a full achilles tear. It may very well work out, but if that trade was in fact there to make (for a 3rd or even a 2nd), they should have pulled the trigger.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'd rather lose to scrubs. when you get to the playoffs all you see is good teams, many of whom in the nfc have already beaten us. now of course we could win a re-match but the 'we only lose to good teams' stuff is complete hog wash, you need to beat all of those teams to get where we want to get.

If you lose to scrubs then you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
i guess crab will be thrilled if we lose to washington on national tv monday thus sealing our post season doom and officially declaring us a laughing stock
The 49ers will figure it out.

Maybe for a change, it's nice to have a certain amount of doubt....

Difference is, Kaepernick's potential is still very good....once he/HaRoman figure it out, we will be tough to beat!

Have faith!!!
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I still think we go 11-5, upset Seattle, and take the #6 in the final week against the Cards, which probably gets bumped up to a night game on SNF, and I'm gonna bet we still end up playing the Lions the following Sunday/Saturday night, which should be pretty f**king exciting.

We have the best schedule of all teams trying to get in, and thankfully we don't have to go to Seattle (which would put a huge dent into the injury tent) in December this time. Again though, it's all up to how this team responds, I don't really care how we do it, just get in, and anything can happen from there.

^^^THIS

But if we upset Seattle, who do we lose to? I say if we beat Seattle we run the table and go 12-4!!!!

I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.

ROFLOL. Hyperbole! This is NOT reality, unless it is the reality in your own head.... We are not even the worst offense in our own division.

It is in fact reality. Sorry if you dont want to see it.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I still think we go 11-5, upset Seattle, and take the #6 in the final week against the Cards, which probably gets bumped up to a night game on SNF, and I'm gonna bet we still end up playing the Lions the following Sunday/Saturday night, which should be pretty f**king exciting.

We have the best schedule of all teams trying to get in, and thankfully we don't have to go to Seattle (which would put a huge dent into the injury tent) in December this time. Again though, it's all up to how this team responds, I don't really care how we do it, just get in, and anything can happen from there.

^^^THIS

But if we upset Seattle, who do we lose to? I say if we beat Seattle we run the table and go 12-4!!!!

I dont know how you guys are so optimistic. Regardless of whos fault it is, the way this offense is playing there is a strong possibility we dont even win another division game. It is reality that this offense is the worst in the league by a large margin.

ROFLOL. Hyperbole! This is NOT reality, unless it is the reality in your own head.... We are not even the worst offense in our own division.

It is in fact reality. Sorry if you dont want to see it.

Yeah, because our running game is putrid too.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
What if Harbaugh starts letting Kap play like he did last year (chance he'll have to take w/out Alex as back up)... what if Roman starts calling plays that suits our strengths (at least until our horses are full strength)... what if Kap stops Krapping... what if Roman cuts back on that triple chin a little bit... what if a midget grows overnight... what if the sky did fall... what if..........

IF we get into the playoffs healthy and coaches get it together, we'd have a good chance to shock the CAWKS, Saints or whoever on the road!

A healthy Cardinal team (in their house) will be our toughest game before the playoffs (could be a deciding factor)...

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
It isn't honesty. It is defeatism.

Every time we play a poorer team there is always a reminder that on any given Sunday any team can beat any other team. But you have already given up.

You mistake ra-ra with a commitment to the team.

You make me laugh.

OK, first question, based on what you have seen, do you believe the Seahawks is a better team than the 9ers ?

And if you believe the 9ers are better, would you put your life savings on a 9ers win then ?

That should settle it. LOL.
It has nothing to do with commitment. You draw on your years of watching football and make an analytical call. It is as simple as that. If I happen to be wrong, even better that would mean we would beat them and get another W we badly need.

But, as it stands, if you ask me who will win ? Seahawks no doubt. They are just a better team and truth always hurts. You think I am having a great time in saying that ? Hell no, but it is what it is.

^^^THIS

Unfortunately...I agree..Don't think I'm being pessimistic, I just watch the first 2 losses, and these last 2 losses closely and think; how can this team beat ANY quality playoff team let alone a surging team left on the schedule..It's been a sad time these last 2 weeks..They don't make any changes to speak of to remedy any of this BS either..Who has it better than us...I can barely stand to hear this nowadays..
Originally posted by Rascal:

Every time we play a poorer team there is always a reminder that on any given Sunday any team can beat any other team. But you have already given up.

You make me laugh.

OK, first question, based on what you have seen, do you believe the Seahawks is a better team than the 9ers ?

And if you believe the 9ers are better, would you put your life savings on a 9ers win then ?

It has nothing to do with commitment. You draw on your years of watching football and make an analytical call. It is as simple as that. If I happen to be wrong, even better that would mean we would beat them and get another W we badly need.

But, as it stands, if you ask me who will win ? Seahawks no doubt. They are just a better team and truth always hurts. You think I am having a great time in saying that ? Hell no, but it is what it is.

According to your reckoning, the stronger team always wins. Try re-reading my second paragraph.

But you have given up.
WWL WWL was the pattern last year.

This year, the pattern is looking like LLWWWWW?

We'll probably end up with the same record as last year, but everybody thinks this year is a disaster, because Seattle has won a couple miracle games and are in control of the division. That fact of the matter is, we are missing a ton of pieces on offense, yet will end up with just as good of a regular season.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:

You make me laugh.

According to your reckoning, the stronger team always wins. Try re-reading my second paragraph.

But you have given up.

Just Rascal being Rascal.
Share 49ersWebzone