Do we allow a rushing TD this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Way to jinx it. Geez.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Way to jinx it. Geez.

My thoughts exactly... tsk tsk
No f'ing way!! This run D is too good to give one up unless it's in the 4th qtr of the last game of the year. And all the starters are on the bench.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Rashard Mendenhall i can see happening on Monday Night.

OR

Marshawn Lynch.
We need to spend the full week on tackling drills to make sure we wrap up that dude.

Lynch sucks, lol

Yeah, until he breaks 18 tackles and scores a touchdown, with the defense in shock
Originally posted by jte1979:
My best guess, 1 rushing TD from a questionable penatly (pass interference or face mask) moving the ball inside the 2 with a first down. They punch it in on the second try.

This happened on Thursday night vs Ravens and we held Ray Rice out.. I am not scared of Beanie "Broken Wheels" Wells But marshawn lynch concerns me.. He is a beast and even when you think hes down hes not. U still hope for the No.

OR

Marshawn Lynch.
We need to spend the full week on tackling drills to make sure we wrap up that dude.

Lynch sucks, lol

Yeah, until he breaks 18 tackles and scores a touchdown, with the defense in shock

Please. He does that against a suspect defense or two and everybody rides his jock. f**k that chump.
[ Edited by horsecore on Dec 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM ]

OR

Marshawn Lynch.

I can see it tomorrow vs the Rams. Jackson has gashed the 49ers in the past and if they play overconfident, he's always a threat to break a big one. The other I see is Pittsburgh with Mendenhall, if they spread the field out with the passing attack, there could be openings for him.

Not really all that worried about Lynch. He's a big, physical runner, the type that this defense does very well against and Seattle's offensive line is FUBARed for this season.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
PTI just referenced that the last time a team didn't allow a TD was the Providence Steamrollers. As of week 13, we have not allowed a rushing TD all season. How about it?

That is not true. The 1928 Providence Steam Rollers were the last team to go 11 games in a row without allowing a rushing touchdown. If we don't allow one tomorrow, then we will have beaten the 1928 Providence Steam Rollers' record!

No team has ever gone an entire season without allowing a rushing TD.

Four rushing TDs is the modern day, 16-game record.

Two rushing TDs (shared by four teams) is the overall record for an entire season.

IMO we are going to beat all those records by not allowing a single rushing TD throughout a 16-game season, and into the playoffs!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Señor Willis says HELLZ NAW!!!!

52 says NO..........
  • mike
  • Veteran
I'll believe it when it happens. Lots of games left still and some good runningbacks that can really grind it. The 100 yard thing I can see continuing for a long time though.

2 tomorrow.
If we lock up #2 seed going into last game I can see us resting some guys on D
Originally posted by jte1979:
My best guess, 1 rushing TD from a questionable penatly (pass interference or face mask) moving the ball inside the 2 with a first down. They punch it in on the second try.

Correction. THIRD Try, and they get away with a hold

OR

Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch sucks, lol

Yeah he's not rushing for more than 50. We're definitely going to make them even more one-dimensional than they already are
I think the better question is which one of the RB's left gets injured trying to break any of the records.....remember we hurt/injure every RB that tries to have a big day.....plus reading all the interviews on the players.....all of them are well aware that they're chasing a record so I think they dont give that up.....that being said play action all day would be our achillies heel....cant wait for the PIT game.....WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone