There are 233 users in the forums

Kaps, Harbaugh, and the Kolb effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I prefer to wait and see as I don't think either is going anywhere for a few years.

Smith would be stupid to leave after finding some success, Kap is locked up.

I will say one thing, isn't it cool to be trying to decide who is the best QB and who we should keep? Much better than the usual who is our worst QB and what guy off the waiver wire should we get who would be an upgrade??? Not exactly the Young vs Montana debate, but a world apart from Hill vs Smith 1.0 vs O'Sullivan
I prefer to wait and see as I don't think either is going anywhere for a few years.

I will say one thing, isn't it cool to be trying to decide who is the best QB and who we should keep? Much better than the usual who is our worst QB and what guy off the waiver wire should we get who would be an upgrade??? Not exactly the Young vs Montana debate, but a world apart from Hill vs Smith 1.0 vs O'Sullivan

Originally posted by 49erRider:
I like how people dismiss Kaepernick and act like Alex Smith would be the better long-term option. Why? Because Alex went 1st overall? Kaepernick's physical attributes own Alex's, so how does anyone figure Harbaugh can't groom him the way he's been grooming Alex?

If anyone is seriously looking at what CK7 did in PRESEASON and thinking he wont be good based on that, all I can say is LOL @ you.

Your post is just full of assumptions. Nobody is saying Smith is the better long term option. But does it not make sense to see what we have before we let Smith walk? It will probably take at least another year for Harbaugh to get CK NFL ready, I guess.

And nobody except you is making any assumptions at all based on CKs pre-season. So LOL right back at you.

Right now Smith is playing well and we do not know if CK is an NFL starting qb or not, let alone if he will be better than Smith.
[ Edited by English on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM ]
[ Edited by English on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM ]
Tolzien. Championship. Done.

But seriously, I'm pretty excited to see what Harbaugh can do with CK. I'd like to see where he's at in his development but i doubt we will anytime this season. Maybe in a rest your starters type scenario in the last game. with his high JQ and physical skill set, i think Harbaugh can work some magic with him.
If Alex can sustain success, why not give a 2 year extension? CK7 was thought of as a project with loads of potential coming out of Nevada. 3 years with the same staff and same system would do him well in his development. Could this develop into a Brees v Rivers thing? Who knows. All I know is that this isnt such a bad problem to have.
Not sure if you guys realize this.. But we're 9-2 for ONE reason. Turnovers. How many close games have we had? If you notice, alex has only a handful of ints. If it was ck7 we would be sub .500. You don't mess with good recipes.

Share 49ersWebzone