LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

All we need now is another 8 game win streak... Do the math!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we are very capable of winning the remaining 5 games in the regular season... I wouldn't be so confident saying that if the Steelers game was in Pittsburgh, but playing at home in the NFL makes a huge difference. First round bye and at home in the Divisional playoff game, then its just one game to the Super Bowl. I know that most of the people out there have already crowned the Packers as the Champs, I personally think that it'll be a lot tougher for them this year than last year. We all know it will be home field for the Packers throughout playoffs along with the whole Lambeau mystique, and how they're unbeatable at home. The truth is that the Packers in reality are a Dome team, they pass the ball 75% of the time... their running game is non existent!! Their defense upfront may be quick but not physical enough to play in a outdoor playoff, cold weather, "punch you in the mouth" type of game. My point being, controlling the clock as been our best asset and we should be able to do that vs the Packers.
Green Bay is great but not indestructible. I think the Ravens are more of a threat than they are.

Also, don't forget who the last roadblock was for the '07 Giants to get to the superbowl that year.

IN LAMBEAU.

You know what I miss the most???

When SF was the road king......I miss the days when home field was a "disadvantage". 18 game road streak from late '88 to the end of '90, on NFL Network Top Ten of records that will never be broken.

Remember when SF went to freezing Chicago and smashed them on their way to XXIII?? There hasn't been a team in the league since then that has had such road muscle.
I think most people would agree that we're going to be a very dangerous team in January. It's been said over and over... we play playoff-style football-- good defense, run the ball well, make few mistakes while forcing the other team to commit errors, great special teams, and we always win the field position battle.

It's a credit to our coaching staff though. The big-picture, overall decisions that the coaching staff makes behind the scenes and in games make a big difference in all of those facets.
NIce.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I think most people would agree that we're going to be a very dangerous team in January. It's been said over and over... we play playoff-style football-- good defense, run the ball well, make few mistakes while forcing the other team to commit errors, great special teams, and we always win the field position battle.

It's a credit to our coaching staff though. The big-picture, overall decisions that the coaching staff makes behind the scenes and in games make a big difference in all of those facets.

Agree. Great job by all of our coaches
its going to happen
Never woulda thought we would be even close to having a thread like this at the beginning of the year!!
yeah... lets just win the game and division this week.
I would totally get some pinatas to celebrate
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I just want the playoffs on Sunday. I already got my celebratory shot ready.

I think now is the time to remain skeptical, to avoid any risk of heart attacks, in case of a let down.
Share 49ersWebzone