There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Does Seeing A 49ers Playoff Game Mean To You

its means alot to me i was just a kid the last time we were in the playoffs i was 10 cant wait for playoff football
Seeing one live would mean I'm one of the happiest men on the planet! Seeing it on TV, well I'm still one happy faithful fan!

What would it cost a guy to get a ticket, to lets say the NFC championship game? Can't say I've ever looked. Looked at wildcard playoff ticket prices last season and about pooped. I don't feel very good about the price but I'd feel pretty darn good about going to see one live! Can dream!
Seeing one feels great,

seeing us win one, in my mind, means we're going undefeated

but that's just me
Seeing one feels great,

seeing us win one, in my mind, means we're going undefeated

but that's just me
nothing much unless they win
Means Im going to need to dress warm because I'll be at the game.
I grew up through the alex smith era..
To be honest, it really doesn't mean that much to me.

Its just the "next step".

If they go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs, I won't be happy simply because they got there. This season will be a positive adn a step in the right direction, but its not like I'm going to be dancing in the halls becaue they made the playoffs. Lots of teams do that. Not many of them win it all. The SUper Bowl is the goal, not fun games in January.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

If they go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs, I won't be happy simply because they got there. This season will be a positive adn a step in the right direction, but its not like I'm going to be dancing in the halls becaue they made the playoffs. Lots of teams do that. Not many of them win it all. The SUper Bowl is the goal, not fun games in January.

25 years ago I'd agree with you, but the playoffs are going to feel a little more like 1981 for me.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for 49erFaithful6.
A lot of beer flowing, a lot of smoke in the air.

- Tim Lincecum
I miss the days when this it was a given we'd be in the playoffs - hopefully we're headed back to this mentality long-term again, I'm pumped about us being here but my expectations have never changed (meaning the last ~9 years have been AGONIZING).

With that said, my kids will see their first ever 49er playoff game, and I hope the Niners give them the same awesome memories they gave me growing up.
nostalgic
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

25 years ago I'd agree with you, but the playoffs are going to feel a little more like 1981 for me.

Its only 1981 again if they win it all.

...and I have a video idea ready for it.
i feel lucky cuz i jus barely got into watching football last season when i went to my first niner game, it was the niner raider preseason 2010 and ever since then Ive been a huge fan n watch every game, so i only had to go through one losing season and now i get to see em go to the playoffs...so it probly means alot more to you guys thats been watching for so long, but im still juiced n cant wait for the playoffs... GO NINERS!