There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What About the Screen?

This links talks about how few receptions Gore has this season. I think that the Niners could have beat the Ravens pass rush with some screens to Gore!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Gore-no-longer-factor-as-pass-catcher?blockID=602386&feedID=5936
yeah, its kind of a mystery why we don't run a few more of those, either to Gore or Hunter.
here you go

I was thinking of posting the same thing. The Ravens' pass rush was so aggressive I thought that screens and quick outs would have helped. It did not seem like we tried any of that.
What's wrong with it? Is it broke?

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
What's wrong with it? Is it broke?

lulz
I thought they ran at least a couple of bubble screens during the game.

As for the more conventional screens, yes what was up with that?

But is it me, or is the screen pass just one of those things Alex and the O-line just hasn't been comfortable executing in the past. Seems that on the rare times they try one, something is always off (the O-line does a poor job of selling it, Alex doesn't throw the ball with touch and accuracy, the RB drops the ball, etc.)

But is it me, or is the screen pass just one of those things Alex and the O-line just hasn't been comfortable executing in the past. Seems that on the rare times they try one, something is always off (the O-line does a poor job of selling it, Alex doesn't throw the ball with touch and accuracy, the RB drops the ball, etc.)

They saving those to surprise teams in the playoffs.
Guess it's just not part of the offense Just like Vernon running seam routes. We just don't see them.

Personally, I don't think Alex throws it quick enough.
we tried a bubble screen pass with Kyle Williams ..he couldnt hang on to the damn ball ....but hopefully they have a few screen plays drawn up for Crabs and Williams
I thought screens only work for teams with an actual passing threat, because first and foremost, the offensive line has to sell the screen and make it look like they're pass-blocking before they release, but it's hard to sell a screen when the defense is focused on stopping the run with stacked fronts.

I can see how it'll work for teams with QBs like Brees and Rodgers, who set up the screens nicely because they smoke defenses in the air.

Just my opinion.