There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you satisfied with Crabtree's career so far?

Are you satisfied with Crabtree's career so far?

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Not even. In this modern NFL where you can't even touch receivers? And where he was drafted?

Absolutely not. The numbers don't lie.

That's what I keep coming back to. It's increasingly looking as if we paid top dollar for a pretty average slot receiver. I'll happily concede that he still appears to have considerable development potential, but I'm not sure how much we can bank on that development given a pattern of behavior that seems to indicate that, bluntly, he's more than a bit work shy.

Eh, what's done is done, I guess. At least he's had a good November.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Ask me after the Superbowl this year.....when I can compare him to Jerry Rice....

Ask me after the Superbowl this year.....when I can compare him to Jerry Rice....

go get a bag quick......

go get a bag quick......

Up to this point I would have to say that I'm a little dissatisfied. I was hopeful that he would be much more productive by now. I am encouraged though, the last few weeks have seen a spike in his production, so I'm hoping that he has turned a corner.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he's pretty good. I hated him and his DIVA attitude at first. He seems to be getting a more team spirit lately. Plus he is improving. But I think guys are delusional if they ever think he is going to be elite. He's pretty slow. Strong, with good hands and good route running. But a tad bit slow for the NFL. Anyway I'm glad to have him. He's definitely one of the most reliable WR's we have.

Overall speed is overrated, u have to be quick in and out of cuts. I could name quite a few WR, that did not have elite speed and had pretty good careers!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he's pretty good. I hated him and his DIVA attitude at first. He seems to be getting a more team spirit lately. Plus he is improving. But I think guys are delusional if they ever think he is going to be elite. He's pretty slow. Strong, with good hands and good route running. But a tad bit slow for the NFL. Anyway I'm glad to have him. He's definitely one of the most reliable WR's we have.

Overall speed is overrated, u have to be quick in and out of cuts. I could name quite a few WR, that did not have elite speed and had pretty good careers!!!

Whoever said he was "fast" during the draft process was a complete moron. He is the epitome of the "quick not fast" saying, his shiftiness and ability to made arm tackles miss is what gave him the edge in college. He's always been about making 1 person miss and after that you were guaranteed a 20 yard reception but if he could sidestep that guy it was over.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home